DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #16
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I emailed my friend that went on the Jan. Member Cruise and this is what he said they were told on the cruise.

All DVC members are now basic members of D23. If you want the Magazine you have to still purchase the upgraded membership.
But if you read post #10, it states that you will have to register to take advantage of the free membership. That text is a direct quote of what is on the member website.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #17
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
But if you read post #10, it states that you will have to register to take advantage of the free membership. That text is a direct quote of what is on the member website.
I am not doubting that, just sharing what was shared on the cruise.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #18
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not doubting that, just sharing what was shared on the cruise.
Doesn't matter what was said, only what DVC & D23 requires.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #19
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Doesn't matter what was said, only what DVC & D23 requires.
Ok; I was simply letting others know it was discussed on the cruise by DVC.

Last edited by Sammie; 01-24-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #20
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

I don't know who was saying what on the cruise but a lot of erroneous information surfaced about the D23 perk. This is third-hand information but I've had people tell me that reps on the cruise said it would be the full Gold membership level--including event access and the print magazine.

Either some cruisers misunderstood what was being said, weren't getting their info from the right sources (sales Guide?) or certain DVC officials simply did not provide accurate information. Perhaps a combination of all of the above.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC

Last edited by tjkraz; 01-24-2013 at 10:09 AM.
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #21
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
I don't know who was saying what on the cruise but a lot of erroneous information surfaced about the D23 perk. This is third-hand information but I've had people tell me that reps on the cruise said it would be the full Gold membership level--including event access and the print magazine.

Either the cruisers misunderstood what was being said, weren't getting their info from the right sources (sales Guide?) or certain DVC officials simply did not provide accurate information.
Thanks, my point was not to say the info on the Member site was not correct, but simply stating there was discussion of it on the Cruise.

Also on the website: *Members who register for this special, complimentary D23 Membership level will receive the weekly D23 FanFare email newsletter, and a D23 Membership number that entitles them to access gated web content, purchase exclusive D23 Member merchandise and enjoy select discounts. This special offer does not include the Membership Card and Certificate, the Annual Membership Gift, access to D23 Member-exclusive events or the subscription to the quarterly Disney twenty-three printed magazine.

Last edited by Sammie; 01-24-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Also on the website: *Members who register for this special, complimentary D23 Membership level will receive the weekly D23 FanFare email newsletter, and a D23 Membership number that entitles them to access gated web content, purchase exclusive D23 Member merchandise and enjoy select discounts. This special offer does not include the Membership Card and Certificate, the Annual Membership Gift, access to D23 Member-exclusive events or the subscription to the quarterly Disney twenty-three printed magazine.
Translation:

D23 won't even spring for the cost of a stamp to mail a membership card. DVC-level D23 members will be shut out from regional D23 events. DVC-level D23 members will not be able to get meaningful D23 discounts, such as restaurant discounts, that require a D23 membership card.

However, DVC-level D23 members will receive emailings and be able to read "gated" D23 online content, which is currently not gated for anyone. And DVC-level D23 members will be allowed to spend money for things that D23 is selling. (Why am I not particularly excited about this?)

I didn't expect the fancy quarterly magazine, but this new "level" of D23 seems like nothing more than an attempt to sell real D23 memberships.

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 01-26-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
DVC-level D23 members will not be able to get meaningful D23 discounts, such as restaurant discounts, that require a D23 membership car.
This remains to be seen. Disney may have some other mechanism in mind for members to obtain certain D23 discounts.

But overall I agree there isn't much to this perk. Fortunately it's free.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #24
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

I hope that they come up with something that will get you a discounted DVC membership to level up to where you can get the magazines and membership card.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #25
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

So...it sounds like I shouldn't have let my charter membership lapse? hahaha
Old 01-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #26
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So...it sounds like I shouldn't have let my charter membership lapse? hahaha
I asked on the cruise about Charter Memberships and was told by a D23 rep to not let my Charter Membership lapse - it will have more meaning in the upcoming years. The new DVC level will not work in keeping Charter Membership status.

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #27
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Translation:

D23 won't even spring for the cost of a stamp to mail a membership card. DVC-level D23 members will be shut out from regional D23 events. DVC-level D23 members will not be able to get meaningful D23 discounts, such as restaurant discounts, that require a D23 membership car.

However, DVC-level D23 members will receive emailings and be able to read "gated" D23 online content, which is currently not gated for anyone. And DVC-level D23 members will be allowed to spend money for things that D23 is selling. (Why am I not particularly excited about this?)

I didn't expect the fancy quarterly magazine, but this new "level" of D23 seems like nothing more than an attempt to sell real D23 memberships.
Sounds like a typical DVC perk that we have all come to expect.

Almost all of the DVC perks don't cost Disney anything and they generate additional income for Disney or their business partners.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #28
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...d23-membership

They aren't even going to give us the card and certificate????
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #29
bluecruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Translation:

D23 won't even spring for the cost of a stamp to mail a membership card. DVC-level D23 members will be shut out from regional D23 events. DVC-level D23 members will not be able to get meaningful D23 discounts, such as restaurant discounts, that require a D23 membership car.

It's almost more of an insult to be offered this version of D23-lite than if they didn't offer it at all. I feel like I got my hopes up for nothing.

Last edited by bluecruiser; 01-26-2013 at 04:06 PM.
bluecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #30
Cheltenham
Mouseketeer

This card-less and event-less membership is odd since the Winter Disney Files specifically says that DVC members who register will receive a D23 membership card that will enable them to access special discounts, events, etc. You would think they would have figured out such details before publishing information about it.
Cheltenham is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: