Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
4fordisneyworld
Mouseketeer

Some Master Planning and I Need My DisFriends!!

We go to Disney quite a bit but are DVC members. Before becoming members, we stayed at POP only. (we have stayed at POR once for two nights and not a big fan there)
So I have had some wonderful friends, should just call them family as close as we are, come to me for help for their upcoming trip!!

Here is the deal though: Mom is planning it. She is totally overwhelmed. Their dates are non-negotiable, as they already bought plane tickets, and now I will reluctantly tell you their dates and you can cringe with me!!!!

March 28th - April 4th of THIS YEAR!!!!
It is her, her husband and their two girls who are 19 and 17. So I need to find them a room and help them decide on types of tickets. We personally are not die hard park fans anymore because we don't have to be with the DVC. I am having to think like how they will need to. Although I am not sure they will be hit the parks open to close....at least not all of them!! I also need to help them decide dining plan or not. I think useless but it make take some of the stress out of the equation for her??? Thoughts on that?

My questions for you guys and where I need some help....

Should I encourage them to stay value? She is inquiring about Coronado?? Would AOA be better for them? I am starting to work on the pricing and to see what will even be available for them room wise since it is EASTER and they are soooo close now!

Any input you can give to someone who is trying to attack the parks on this crazy week so I can pass on let me know! I do have my membership to TouringPlans so I am going to utilize that for them.
I tried to help awhile back, but she really gets overwhelmed with all the decisions!! Understandable for a newbie but now I am afraid she is really gonna be stressed when I get her to my house tonight and try to lay this all out!! Yeah TONIGHT! She finally texted me this morning and is ready for help!! I really want to help them because I like doing this stuff but need the DIS for input

So let the ideas flow!!!! OH, forgive any typos or crappy grammar...coffee just now making it into my veins this morning
Thank you!!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Well, just let me say GOOD LUCK WITH THIS. Ugh-their timing really will make this less than ideal.

I think the first thing you have to do is make her give you a good idea of their budget- broken down for lodging, food, tickets, etc. That way you'll know if they have champagne tastes and a beer budget.

If they can afford it, I'd recommend either one of the mods or a value family suite. The mods have a larger room and (aside from CBR) queen beds so won't feel quite as cramped as a regular value room. The 2 bathrooms in the suites might be a Godsend for a family with 3 women.

I don't think the dining plan is necessarily that great a deal in these circumstances. If she's stressed out now, adding the additional stress of trying to nail down ADRs for Easter at this late date is just going to send her over the edge. I'd go with paying OOP, and maybe help her get a couple of ADRs for their stay.

It would probably be a good idea to look at TP or easywdw.com for their recommended parks each day. And decide if they should add PHs. I generally don't recommend them for first timers since they should find more than enough to do at one park each day. Throwing PHs into the mix could just make the stress that much worse for them. When in doubt- K.I.S.S.

And if she's still feeling frazzled with deciding what to see at each park, helping her with a loose touring plan might be a good idea. Not a fan of the TPs that schedule everything down to the minute. But a plan that outlines the sequence of attractions at each park would give them a good place to start.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: