Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #16
VickieMouse
Mouseketeer

Wow! I guess it is a pretty split decision. I so appreciate all of the comments you have shared. Your responses have really made me think.... now I am even more confused than before. I agree that being so close to World Showcase will be too tempting. That is the only reason I think we would need hoppers.

I will admit that when I posted this I thought the overwhelming majority would say to stay the extra day (which is where I was leaning), but many of you have convinced me that hoppers may be just as important. Please keep your comments coming.
VickieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

If you were somewhere else I would say skip the Hoppers. But if you are a foodie at all and think you want to try all those restaurants I think it would be too much for me to resist getting a hopper.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #18
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Usually I am all about doing whatever you have to to get a longer stay, but since you are already at a decent length trip, and will be in the Epcot area I would say park hoppers.

We always do them and love not feeling locked into a particular park all day. If it is crowded, we leave. If we don't want to stay late for fireworks on the day we got there early, we catch them another night. For us it eliminates having to make a daily decision and stick with it, so eight days of having that benefit would be worth missing out on the extra day, in our opinion.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #19
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

I'd do anything in the budget to have your cake and eat it too in this situation. Having the hoppers is SO convenient, and since you're within footsteps of Epcot, I think they'd be worth it. Plus, with it being in August, you might want to take advantage of a park that has late PM EMHs but not commit yourself to that park all day.

You have 6 months to come up with an additional $300 or so. Is there anything that you can cut from your budget now, or from your trip budget later (perhaps cutting 1 TS meal with 3 "adults" and 2 kids would just about do it?)

Because my father was a plasma recipient, I'll throw in this plug: If you live anywhere near a plasma "donation" center, that's a quick way to make $300 in just over a month, as long as you don't have a fear of needles.

If you *have* to pick one over the other, I'm going to say take the hoppers- quality over quantity EVERY time!

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #20
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

Definitely park hopper! It gives you so much more flexibility.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #21
VickieMouse
Mouseketeer

I appreciate all of your insight. Since we have never stayed so close to a resort, we don't want to underestimate the importance of park hoppers. Having the ability to walk to Epcot to pick up lunch or snacks while the kids are in the pool with DH sounds fabulous! It sounds like you have shared so many important points, that this may be the direction we will go. Of course, my favorite suggestion was to do the extra day and keep the park hoppers! Hopefully that will be a a possibility the closer we get to vacation.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
Dis703
DIS Veteran

I would vote for park hopper. I'm staying at the BC this next trip and we debated saving money by not doing park hoppers this time, but I think its going to be super tempting to go to Epcot for many of our meals being so close so we decided we really need the park hopper to take advantage of that.
Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #23
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

I am going to say pick the extra day with the basic tickets.

You will find some way to get the extra bucks for park hoppers between now and then.

We stayed at BWI this past August and it sure was nice to walk over to WS at night. We also never did the Park Hopper option in the past. The only reason we got it this past trip was my kids did the YES program.

Do you have to buy your tickets with your reservation? The reason I ask is YES classes may open up for your dates. My kids loved doing the classes and I expecially loved the savings on our park hoppers.

Editing to say:

I also did a girls only trip a few weeks weeks ago and we had the park hoppers for that as well. We really took advantage of them. Made for such an easier trip IMO.

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

deadhedjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #24
patty57
DIS Veteran

The Epcot resort area is where we stay, and I can't imagine not having PHs there. We walk into Epcot for food, drinks or whatever all the time. I agree with Stargazertechie that I would try to figure out a way to have both, but if I absolutely couldn't...I would pick hoppers.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
hoosll
DIS Veteran

I would vote PARK Hoppers since you are staying at BC. The Epcot resorts don't have many counter service options so being able to duck into Epcot World Showcase for a quick meal would be great. Also, they now have the patisserie at France opening at 9am - great option for breakfast ...
WL - Feb '02; WL - Sep '03 Big Willie's B-day
WL- Dec '04 MY B-day
WL - Nov '06 - Big Willie retires
BWV - Nov '07 Midweek long weekend
WL - Apr '12 Me, DD, and DGS4, DGS2 -their 1st trip!
FW - Dec '12 First time in RV; Feb '13 Midwinter escape; Feb '14 Snowbirds!
hoosll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #26
VickieMouse
Mouseketeer

I actually have thought about it greatly and France is a big factor. I also agree with your comment about the CS options in World Showcase as opposed to what I am finding as I research the BC area. I actually think in that regards the PH may pay for themselves!!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #27
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

We always do PH. We like the flexablity it gives us regarding dinning. DH & I always go back to the resort in the afternoon so this way we don't have worry about where our dinner ADR is when we decide what park to go to in the morning.
Plus since we don't have a car, it is easier to cut thru Epcot to go to/from the Boardwalk area for meals then dealing with tranfers at another park.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #28
jfoster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhedjen View Post
I am going to say pick the extra day with the basic tickets.

You will find some way to get the extra bucks for park hoppers between now and then.

We stayed at BWI this past August and it sure was nice to walk over to WS at night. We also never did the Park Hopper option in the past. The only reason we got it this past trip was my kids did the YES program.

Do you have to buy your tickets with your reservation? The reason I ask is YES classes may open up for your dates. My kids loved doing the classes and I expecially loved the savings on our park hoppers.

Editing to say:

I also did a girls only trip a few weeks weeks ago and we had the park hoppers for that as well. We really took advantage of them. Made for such an easier trip IMO.

What is the YES Program??? Just curious!
jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #29
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

DH would say pick up the extra nite. I say PH.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #30
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

I'm a hopper kind of gal... I will have to say 8 days with hopper tickets! My whole main reason why I go to Disney World is to enjoy the themed parks and I like doing two parks in one day.
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: