Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Take Shape for Life - Medifast

Anyone use Take Shape for Life and Medifast? Anyone a Take Shape for Life coach? I lost 50 pounds in just 3 months Jan-March this year. Take Shape for Life goes beyond just losing weight to develop healthy habits of living in a world that encourages overeating unhealthy food.

With any weight loss, one thing that is a real struggle is to continue making healthy choices when surrounded by unhealthy food -- fast food, oversized portions, an abundance of processed food, food manufactured (not grown) in other countries with less regulations. Fortunately, summer time is very easy to buy meats and vegetables and fruits from local farmers. Winter time will be harder.

My next trip to WDW will also be a challenge. I LOVE food. But I will force myself to make healthy choices with a few pleasure foods. The biggest problem I anticipate? Sharing a 50s Prime Time milkshake instead of gulping the whole thing down myself!
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).

Last edited by DisneyFamily123; 08-08-2012 at 08:57 AM.
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
DisneyHoneymoon2002
Apply Pixie Dust Liberally!

As a lap band patient, there are many times I need to use Medifast or a similar product, to get my necessary nutrition intake. I am sure you will meet your goal - I just wanted to encourage you. It can be a great method to lose weight, but incorporating real foods back into your lifestyle once you meet goal will be difficult, too. With the proper mindset, you will be successful though. Good job!
2005 - off property
2006 - off property
2007 - Toured National Parks instead, missed Disney!
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Reservations for first ever Disney Cruise on Fantasy - Dec. 22 - 29th then five days at Port Orleans Riverside in royal themed rooms

======== no kids - just DH and I ==========
DisneyHoneymoon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Did a search and found this.. My FIL is a coach and my DH and I are working on restructuring our budget, our pantry and shopping styles to make this work for us. I'm really nervous about it but excited too. I'm doing a mini mom & kids trip that will be a great test on how I'll do at Disney. It's at the end of FEB, so I'll be a month in.

We do Disney for a whole week at the end of July into August. We are doing TIW instead of Dining Plan because we always felt compelled to eat with DDP.

FIL said, just fill your backpack with snacks. He found Medifast when he was retired, no kids eating Mickey Ears around all the time. ... We'll see!
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: