Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #16
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyHardin View Post
I agree that she most likely did not give the e-mail address. Disney knows everything about you. When I booked our trip yesterday it asked me if an address I haven't lived at for over 10 years (and never lived at when I booked a Disney trip) was my correct address.
Another option she would have had is to just book two rooms in her own name. Anyone can pay for it regardless of what name its in. She could have even changed it once the surprise was revealed, if it was being revealed ahead of time.

Even if she complains, I doubt there's be any compensation. Not sure what the value of "ruining a surprise" would be.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
kneedeep
Loving the Florida life

Some people are being very harsh. OP clarified (pretty early on in the thread) that her friend did NOT provide the email address that confirmation was sent to. Others have confirmed that Disney's databases are glitchy. Heck, they still send mail offers addressed to my dad despite the fact that he died 7 years ago and I have made multiple requests to have him removed from their lists.

It's not a stretch to think that if an email address was previously in the system it might receive a confirmation by default. Or maybe there was human error involved on the part of the CM who made the reservation.

Why can't we take OP's word at face value that Disney made a mistake? Must we assume that her friend messed up and now wants compensation to boot? Perhaps she just wants to make sure the issue is taken seriously and doesn't happen again. If it is a database issue it isn't something that a reservationist can fix; someone in a supervisory role would need to communicate the issue to IT. All OP asked for was contact info to voice her concern, not for others to weigh in on whose fault it really was.

One thing I love about Disney is that WHEN they make a mistake, they try to make it right. All the folks who blindly assume that Disney can do no wrong are missing the boat completely.
kneedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
nym4588
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry the surprise was ruined, that stinks! Hopefully they'll have such a good time once they get there that they'll forget all about it. Here's some for them!
nym4588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #19
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

If her daughter has ever booked her own trip to Disney. They have her e-mail address attached to her name. This happens with DS all the time. I book and pay for our rooms but he always gets an e-mail confirmation. Even though I tell them to send it to my e-mail. Not a problem for us because it is not a surprise. I can understand her frustration!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #20
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
If her daughter has ever booked her own trip to Disney. They have her e-mail address attached to her name. This happens with DS all the time. I book and pay for our rooms but he always gets an e-mail confirmation. Even though I tell them to send it to my e-mail. Not a problem for us because it is not a surprise. I can understand her frustration!
Happens to us, too! I make the reservation, add mom as a guest and for some reason she ends up being the owner of the reservation, even though I made it and I'm paying with my credit card.

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #21
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeep View Post
Some people are being very harsh. OP clarified (pretty early on in the thread) that her friend did NOT provide the email address that confirmation was sent to. Others have confirmed that Disney's databases are glitchy. Heck, they still send mail offers addressed to my dad despite the fact that he died 7 years ago and I have made multiple requests to have him removed from their lists.

It's not a stretch to think that if an email address was previously in the system it might receive a confirmation by default. Or maybe there was human error involved on the part of the CM who made the reservation.

Why can't we take OP's word at face value that Disney made a mistake? Must we assume that her friend messed up and now wants compensation to boot? Perhaps she just wants to make sure the issue is taken seriously and doesn't happen again. If it is a database issue it isn't something that a reservationist can fix; someone in a supervisory role would need to communicate the issue to IT. All OP asked for was contact info to voice her concern, not for others to weigh in on whose fault it really was.

One thing I love about Disney is that WHEN they make a mistake, they try to make it right. All the folks who blindly assume that Disney can do no wrong are missing the boat completely.
GS can't do anything for that. OP's friend needs to send an email to the address I provided and they will get it to the right people. The supers won't even take the call because there isn't anything they can do for the friend.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #22
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCooper's Mom
I have a friend that just booked a trip for her family. She booked 1 room under her name and one under daughters name with request that email not be sent to daughter because the trip was a surprise for daughters family. The next day her daughter hands her the confirmation that she received in her email and my friend still has not received confirmation in her email.

She was very upset and wanted to know where she should call or email to let them know that they ruined the surprise.

Does anyone have a phone number besides the 407WDISNEY or an email?

Thanks
Shouldn't have given the e-mail. Don't bother complaining. It won't get you anywhere (or anything)
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #23
Pikezh638
DIS Veteran

Semi-related, I saved a DCL offer on my account with my email address and they sent the "confirmation" email to my mom. And she wasn't included in the offer or anything. I'm not mad or anything, just was weird

2010 (July) Pop Century (December) Pop Century
2011 (October) All Star Sports (December) Carribbean Beach
2012 (January) All Star Sports (May) Pop Century
2013 (January) Saratoga Springs Treehouse (October) Saratoga Springs (October) Port Orleans-Riverside
2014 (January) Fantasy Cruise (January) Art of Animation (January) Pop Century
2015 (May) Magic Cruise
Pikezh638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Definitely complain. That is the only way these screw ups will stop. I know they didn't give the email address out, as you stated. Bring that up and maybe they will get a discount for the trouble!

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
PrincessCooper's Mom
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the help.

For the record she only gave her email and requested that all confirmations go to that email but since they have been to Disney before her daughters information is probably in the Disney system.

The problem came with the CM assuring her that it would not be a problem and confirmations would only be sent to the email she requested.

She only asked if I could get her a email address or phone number to send her complaint to so maybe someone else's surprise would not be ruined.

Thanks again for all thoughts, good, bad, and ugly.
PrincessCooper's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #26
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Definitely complain. That is the only way these screw ups will stop. I know they didn't give the email address out, as you stated. Bring that up and maybe they will get a discount for the trouble!
This country has enough whiners and complainers....please dont push the OP to be another. This is clearly nothing to complain about. Now, if you travel to oh, lets say Afghanistan...ill show you things to have an issue with. Here in this Nation and most of Europe....Nope, we got nothing to complain about..just be happy we all have good enough jobs to goto WDW and stop the belly aching.
Japan is very nice....got to spend 6 months in Okninawa....in the USAF. Heck, folks there even know how nice they have it...and we almost wiped that nation off the face of the earth....but you really dont run into to many folks that complain alot. Its a very appreciative culture.
So, a small error in booking a vacation....certainy NOT an issue. Go and have the time of your life...but..complain...Na
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCooper's Mom View Post
Thanks for all the help.

For the record she only gave her email and requested that all confirmations go to that email but since they have been to Disney before her daughters information is probably in the Disney system.

The problem came with the CM assuring her that it would not be a problem and confirmations would only be sent to the email she requested.

She only asked if I could get her a email address or phone number to send her complaint to so maybe someone else's surprise would not be ruined.

Thanks again for all thoughts, good, bad, and ugly.
In the CMs defense - if they put in her email there isn't anything the CM could do to avoid the system picking up the old one, because it shouldn't have happened.

But it's also not something that will be stopped by her email until they workout all these system quirks.

I'm sure they'll have a good trip regardless!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #28
serene56
DIS Veteran

we are having a HUGE trip next Dec and my nephew wanted to surprise his wife with the trip as a christmas present.

When we booked the trip I used their names but all other information i left using MY address, My email, MY phone number.

We were not taking any chances.

after she received the gift she was able to go and make the corrections.

--IMHO its done, she knows , move on.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #29
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Disney's system will not allow "surprise" trips. I asked if I could have our paperwork mailed to my mother's address so that DH didn't see it. The CM apologized and let me know that it *had* to go to the address that matched the ID used for check in.

So even if the daughter didn't get the confirmation email, she would have gotten the paperwork in the email.

Best solution would have been to just book both rooms under the friend's name.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: