Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #1471
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
Thank you.
Ummmmm in five months I think we are all going to need to hear DETAILED reviews of your stay. Two GVs? Wow!!! I'd love to know your thoughts!!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #1472
cadale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
Has anyone ordered a birthday cake and balloons, or one of the chocolate characters/monorail from the resort? We are celebrating my niece's birthday on our next visit, and I'd like to do something. Disney Florist options seem expensive and aren't exactly what I'm looking for anyways (I've ordered from them in the past, it's easy but very overpriced).

Do any of the gift shops sell balloons? Even if I could just pick up those and a few treats, that'd probably be good. Any thoughts or suggestions for a 2 year old? Many thanks!!

We were in BLT in January 2012 and ordered a cake from the CR chef. He did a beautiful job on a two layer 10" cake decorated with the Monsters Inc. group. If I remember correctly it cost me about $45. I got the contact info off of the cake thread. I ordered about 6 weeks before we arrived.

I have never seen balloons anywhere except the ones they sell in MK.

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #1473
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post

Ummmmm in five months I think we are all going to need to hear DETAILED reviews of your stay. Two GVs? Wow!!! I'd love to know your thoughts!!
I will definitely post a detailed review with pictures
We stayed in a GV last September at Kidani and loved it, but we've been trying to stay at BLT for the past 3 years and it's finally happening. We couldn't get BLT for the whole week so that's why we're doing a split stay. Sooo excited, November can't get here fast enough.

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #1474
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

10 days until my ADRs!!

We arrive in December, and I want to plan a nice evening at the Contemporary. My kids loved the campfire and movie on the beach while at the Poly last year. I want to do this at the Contemporary too.

Does anyone know what time the campfire starts in December, it changes seasonally. Does anyone remember what time the movie will start?

Thanks in advance!!

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #1475
MET270
Mouseketeer

Just paid in full!! CR Aug 1-8, I did online check in. I was too excited and couldn't help it, had to do it! Is it true that if you fax a room request to CR the week before you arrive you are more likely to get?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #1476
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270
Is it true that if you fax a room request to CR the week before you arrive you are more likely to get?
No. POR and POFQ are the only resorts that still accept faxed room requests. It's best to call and add any room requests to your reservation.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #1477
MET270
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

No. POR and POFQ are the only resorts that still accept faxed room requests. It's best to call and add any room requests to your reservation.
Thank you for the information!
Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #1478
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Just returned from an amazing time at BLT in a grand villa!
Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #1479
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
We're staying in a grand villa in November and can't wait!!!! How was it?

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #1480
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I'm back in the Log-orail. DH's work commitments changed a little so he can now be away from work for more than we first thought so I booked 9 nights CR/BLV for August. BLT and Atrium Club were sold-out with the military rate, but BLV is our favorite view so we're very happy and besides, that hike from the Smokies to the MK was going to be a bit much

I even did Online Check-In since we're not staying CL. For those who are wondering, when you do OCI for CR, you only get a limited choice of pre-set requests. You can check up to two boxes for the following and you can't add a narrative request (you would need to call the WDTC to add other requests):

ODD ROOM - Must be DISers who prompted this request

BALCONY - This is not a legitimate request because all Tower rooms have a balcony and none of the Garden Wing rooms have them.

PATIO: This would be checked if you wanted a ground floor GW room.

NEAR TRANSPORTATION: Guests must request this often, but the difference between the furthest and closest room to either the bus or monorail would depend on whether you're in the Tower or GW and within the GW, the furthest room would only be maybe a couple of minutes more. Within the Tower, this wouldn't even be a meaningful request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I'm so excited -- we'll be checking into BLT in a little over a week! My parents are planning to come over to visit us one day for a few hours. Do I need to let anyone know or can they just provide my name/room number to the guard?
I believe that's all they need to do is tell the guard who they're visiting and they'll give them a temporary pass like you would get if you have an ADR. Maybe when you check-in you could confirm this just to be safe since I've never actually done it.

Are you packed yet? You must be excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
Hi - Just wondering if anyone here had heard about the upcoming MyMagic+ testing for CR and AKL guests? Apparently those checking in on either June 20, 21, or 22 are eligible for the test. Anyone here going on those dates? I was just curious to hear if they would indeed participate in the test and also then report back here with what they thought of it.
Thanks for posting. Maybe someone will post here about their experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOVACATIONER View Post
Returned home and this is a wonderful resort. We had the best view of the castle and the fireworks. My only disappointment was having to come home and not getting a good night time picture of the castle changing colors or the fireworks. If anyone has a nice jpg picture of these please private message me. Thank You
So glad you had a great time. YouTube has some videos of the castle at night and here is just one beautiful photo I found in a quick search:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterpa...53/3184121932/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post
Sorry if this is a repeat, but do the refrigerators in the rooms have a freezer section? Are they "real" refrigerators with a compressor or are the just pelter coolers?
No problems here with repeats or original material

Here's the CR fridge with the freezer door open:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
10 days until my ADRs!!

We arrive in December, and I want to plan a nice evening at the Contemporary. My kids loved the campfire and movie on the beach while at the Poly last year. I want to do this at the Contemporary too.

Does anyone know what time the campfire starts in December, it changes seasonally. Does anyone remember what time the movie will start?

Thanks in advance!!
I dug deep into the KOOK Disney Files and found my December 2010 CR activities sheet. It shows the movie started at 6:30 and the campfire was from 5:30-6:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
Just paid in full!! CR Aug 1-8, I did online check in. I was too excited and couldn't help it, had to do it! Is it true that if you fax a room request to CR the week before you arrive you are more likely to get?
Nothing wrong with doing OCI! Just make sure, as dansdad recommended, that you have ALL your requests already in your reservation by calling the WDTC. OCI won't negate those, but you are very limited in what you can request within OCI (See my comments at the top of this post.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Will you be doing another TR?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #1481
babyberger
DIS Veteran

KOOK - I am sooooo HAPPY for you!!!!!! YAY!!!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!!!! I needed that smile today

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #1482
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Look I'm happy you're getting to CR soon!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #1483
psac
DIS Veteran

Kook, glad you're going to be able to make it after all!! What made you decide to do CR for the whole trip instead of a tour around Bay Lake?
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #1484
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
KOOK - I am sooooo HAPPY for you!!!!!! YAY!!!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!!!! I needed that smile today

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
You made me smile - thank you! I'm just sorry we won't be in Boca to see you this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Look I'm happy you're getting to CR soon!
Thanks! We're happy, too. Just about two months till it's go-time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Kook, glad you're going to be able to make it after all!! What made you decide to do CR for the whole trip instead of a tour around Bay Lake?

It was touch and go there, what with the whole sequestration threat starting before spring break. After all that nonsense, we just recently found out that DH's job is exempt from furlough. It's good to be tickered again!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #1485
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Not sure if I was added to the train. August 12- August 17. CR/BLV.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: