Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #1426
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
Can you charge meals to your KTTW card? It would be nice to be able to bill everything to our room then pay with gift cards!
Yup! Absolutely. Just make sure you pay it off before your last night or they'll charge your credit card instead.
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #1427
DJRosko
Mouseketeer
 
DJRosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 94

I seem to recall someone posting pics from room 4830 in the CR tower club and of COURSE now I can't find the darn thing amongst pages of the rooms!! I know it has to be someone watching this thread somewhere!! Please help!
DJRosko is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #1428
britfish
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,236

We are looking to do a split stay at CBR/CR in the end of Aug but the room only discount doesn't include CR CL and we are really bummed. Any chance those rooms would be included at some point between now and then?
britfish is offline  
Old 05-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #1429
NJRRK
DIS Veteran
 
NJRRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 2,425

Quote:
Originally Posted by britfish
We are looking to do a split stay at CBR/CR in the end of Aug but the room only discount doesn't include CR CL and we are really bummed. Any chance those rooms would be included at some point between now and then?
Funny I ran into just the opposite for free dining in September. ONLY CL was available for my dates. I wanted Garden Wing.
__________________
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"- Mame Dennis

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline  
Old 05-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #1430
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by britfish View Post
We are looking to do a split stay at CBR/CR in the end of Aug but the room only discount doesn't include CR CL and we are really bummed. Any chance those rooms would be included at some point between now and then?
Our CL room with AP disc did not open up until about 2-3 weeks before our Dec trip. Just keep checking, rooms open up every day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #1431
britfish
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Our CL room with AP disc did not open up until about 2-3 weeks before our Dec trip. Just keep checking, rooms open up every day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Awesome, thanks for the info., I will definitely keep checking!
britfish is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #1432
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,365

Other than 1st floor for a patio...any other thoughts for room requests for a GW GV room(s)

Thank you
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #1433
bc133
Mouseketeer
 
bc133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 146

Found the views for each room at BLT & thought it was interesting. Hope you enjoy as much as I did http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________


WLV May 2009
AMu Oct 2010
SSR Feb 2011
SSR Oct 2012
DVC member spring 2013 BLT
bc133 is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #1434
NJRRK
DIS Veteran
 
NJRRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 2,425

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
Other than 1st floor for a patio...any other thoughts for room requests for a GW GV room(s)

Thank you
Some guests like pool view, others (including me) prefer Bay Lake view.
__________________
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"- Mame Dennis

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #1435
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
Some guests like pool view, others (including me) prefer Bay Lake view.
Hadn't even considered either..I figured GV=trees Ahhhh Bay Lake.... Thank You!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #1436
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon2013 View Post
I'm confused about this. We have a room-only reservation at CR for December. If we wait until the last night, can we apply the gift cards to the hotel cost then? Or are you unable to apply Disney gift cards to your hotel costs?
With a room-only booking, payment in full is due at check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRosko View Post
I seem to recall someone posting pics from room 4830 in the CR tower club and of COURSE now I can't find the darn thing amongst pages of the rooms!! I know it has to be someone watching this thread somewhere!! Please help!
I have a link in the SUITES section on the first page to Tower Club Room 4914 Photos by Mary T in PA. Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Other than 1st floor for a patio...any other thoughts for room requests for a GW GV room(s)

Thank you

Oh no, this isn't the BWI thread - have you changed back to GW rooms? What happened to BWI?

In addition to the GW rooms that front Bay Lake and the pool/grassy area that NJRRK mentioned, there are also rooms that front the canal. There are photos of the Bay Lake and canal views HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc133 View Post
Found the views for each room at BLT & thought it was interesting. Hope you enjoy as much as I did http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you for reminding everyone about Work2Play's thread! I have a link to her great thread in the BLT section HERE.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #1437
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Oh no, this isn't the BWI thread - have you changed back to GW rooms? What happened to BWI?

In addition to the GW rooms that front Bay Lake and the pool/grassy area that NJRRK mentioned, there are also rooms that front the canal. There are photos of the Bay Lake and canal views HERE.


I know....I have that PULL to Bay Lake, and DH really is not loving the grand total I wish he'd stop looking at my emails No changes....just yet...trying to perfect the trip...like always. And not stressing about the price will make it more perfect (is that grammatically correct)

Any water view would ROCK!!!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #1438
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post


I know....I have that PULL to Bay Lake, and DH really is not loving the grand total I wish he'd stop looking at my emails No changes....just yet...trying to perfect the trip...like always. And not stressing about the price will make it more perfect (is that grammatically correct)

Any water view would ROCK!!!
Yes, the Bay Lake PULL! I know this PULL of which you speak

Let me know when you need me to put you back in the Log-orail, but you can't ride in the cab
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #1439
avery619
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 500 miles from WDW
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Avery!

Your room will be located on the 12th floor. There are really only a few requests you could make:

~An odd numbered room will have the beds facing toward the castle as you're seated in bed.

~Some ask to be located away from Chef Mickeys.

~And, some ask for a room without a connecting door (though I don't know how many rooms like yours exist w/o a connecting door.)

Let us know if you have any other questions

Thanks for all of the information! We are 99% sure we want to stay here.
__________________
Me DH
DD DDDS

2006 - ASMU, 2008 - BC, 2010 - BC, 2012 - YC, 6/13 - DL - PPH, 8/13 - CR-CL, 6/14 - YC, 8/15 - VWL
avery619 is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #1440
SunDevilFanAZ
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 31

Hi,


I am a newbie to the threads with a few questions about the Contemporary Resort.

We are heading on our families' first trip to WDW next spring around this time. I had gone one as a kid and stayed at the Contemporary and loved it. Granted, 20 years have passed but I am hoping to be able to take my family back there. However I do have a couple of basic questions about the resort.

Are the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower separate hotels?
Can anyone get a room at BLT?
Do the rack rates ever get discounted?

Thanks.
SunDevilFanAZ is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: