Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #1396
michashell
Mouseketeer

Will Rooms at BLT Free Up With the Opening of GFVs?

If I understand what's going on with GFV - presales and sales are happening now/shortly, with it opening late October 2013 - is there a possibility the people who already have resis at BLT might want to move to GFV? Is that even possible if you are using points?

I am not a DVC member, so I apologize if my question sounds ridiculous. I also have a very limited knowledge of the DVC.

We have a cash reservation for BLT 1 bedroom lake view booked for 12/5 - 12/12 at rack rate. Unfortunately, that is also during Pop Warner. From what I've read on the boards, that week is usually blacked out for any discounts. I'm having a hard time swallowing paying rack rate, but my husband keeps reminding me that it's for a special occassion (my 40th birthday). And we really, really want to stay at BLT! If we could move our dates by a day or two, that would help with the prospect of being able to apply a discount. Again, I'm just guessing here.

Thanks so much!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #1397
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Removed myself from the Log-orail after canceling three room-only reservations. DH's work commitments expanded which won't allow for more than a week of leave at a time. Ironically, he has accrued so much leave that he has two weeks 'use or lose' so we're looking at two separate vacations instead of one, where we can drive to in one day. So instead of WDW this summer, we'll be staying again in a beautiful cabin in the Pigeon Forge, TN area and a favorite resort of ours here in VA.
Not off topic and sorry you'll have to miss your trip. We stayed in Gatlinburg a few years back and did have a nice vacation. While it is not Disney, they have some fun stuff to do on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michashell View Post
If I understand what's going on with GFV - presales and sales are happening now/shortly, with it opening late October 2013 - is there a possibility the people who already have resis at BLT might want to move to GFV? Is that even possible if you are using points?

I am not a DVC member, so I apologize if my question sounds ridiculous. I also have a very limited knowledge of the DVC.!
That is a good question. I think sales start tomorrow for members and in June for non-members, although I wasn't that focused on the date as I don't plan on purchasing there. I'm sure there are a good number of members who would absolutely love to be the first ones to own and stay there. How many of those are going in October and have BLT reservations - that lowers the number. One of the DVC rules is that I can book at my "home" resort at 11 months, and then the other DVC resorts at 7 months. Home resort being defined as the resort you purchase points at. So, I'm guessing that DVC will limit those who can book at the VGF to those who are purchasing points there for some time duration. Also, there are many DVC folks who will do split stays, or who just might purchase points to add on a day or two at the VGF, and then not cancel their original reservation.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #1398
DisGin
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info on the room setups.

So when you say inner ring vs. outer ring does that mean I should book a certain view or just request an even or odd numbered room? I think we'd go with the smaller living room if it gives us the possibility of setting up a pack n play in the laundry room. I just have no idea how to get my kids to sleep in the same room without waking each other up. That would make this entire thing a lot easier.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #1399
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by michashell View Post

I am not a DVC member, so I apologize if my question sounds ridiculous. I also have a very limited knowledge of the DVC.

We have a cash reservation for BLT 1 bedroom lake view booked for 12/5 - 12/12 at rack rate. Unfortunately, that is also during Pop Warner. From what I've read on the boards, that week is usually blacked out for any discounts. I'm having a hard time swallowing paying rack rate, but my husband keeps reminding me that it's for a special occassion (my 40th birthday). And we really, really want to stay at BLT! If we could move our dates by a day or two, that would help with the prospect of being able to apply a discount. Again, I'm just guessing here.

Thanks so much!
DVC points reservations will remain available for points stays until 60 days out when they might be available for cash. So if any member cancels BLT for GFV, they would need to do that at least 31 days out to avoid points in holding. Plus availability on points at GFV depends on the villas that have been declared into inventory (certain number of points need to be sold to have any availability for stays on points). I'm going to also guess that a lot of waitlists might be filled with any points cancellations. Those dates are extremely popular with DVC members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGin View Post
Thanks for the info on the room setups.

So when you say inner ring vs. outer ring does that mean I should book a certain view or just request an even or odd numbered room? I think we'd go with the smaller living room if it gives us the possibility of setting up a pack n play in the laundry room. I just have no idea how to get my kids to sleep in the same room without waking each other up. That would make this entire thing a lot easier.
Inner ring is lake view (odd number villas). Outer ring is standard and Theme Park View (for the most part, some are lake view) and are even number villas.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #1400
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjimmeyer View Post
Hi
I'm kind of in the minority, but I've always thought the CR has AMAZING theming. To me the whole thing is iconic and the combination having the disney monorail going straight through is as much WDW as Cinderella's Castle. Also, the large scale mural in the concourse by the same person responsible for the IASW theming is wonderful and a great connection to the park. Add in a very visible Chef Mickey's in the concourse and I think any more would actually be overkill for theming. Just my two cents
As far as noise goes the only time we have noticed any noise is when our room is directly over Chef Mickey's, and even then it doesn't bother us.
Yes!!! This!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
Howdy! My DH and I are staying at BLT for the first time Dec 5-15, 2013. We are excited to stay at our home resort as we celebrate 35 years of marriage! We have a 1 bedroom MKV. WooHoo!!
Happy Anniversary!! We also have a 1br MKV that same time! We check in on Nov. 30th until Dec. 7th, we overlap a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
I've never understood why some say CR lacks theming as if that's a bad thing. Theming to me is the same as a person putting on a costume to try to be something it's not. Don't get me wrong. I like theming the way it transports to to another place the way AKL does so well. But CR doesn't need theming. It is pure Disney. Not themed Disney. Disney.
My first trip to Disney I was just a kid. 1973. There was only MK, CR and maybe the Poly. We stayed in a garden wing room. It was all so amazing of course and that CR building with the monorail running thru it. Omg. Nowhere else in the world like it as far as i was concerned. I still at 55 years old cant think of MK without pairing it with CR. CR is as much Disney as MK to me.
Yes, yes, my first trip too....1977, stayed in CR. I was 9. I thought it was the most fantastic thing EVER. "Daddy, the monorail goes THROUGH the hotel?!!?" LOL. It's not Disney theming per se as the newer resorts have been built, but back then, that whole futuristic thing in design and styling was HUGE! My parents loved all that. That's why my Dad chose CR and not the Poly.
We bought into DVC at BLT mostly in tribute to my dad. This way, everytime we stay there, I feel it is because of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post
Hi all! Added one more night to our trip (thanks to not having enough points to book flights on our planned departure date) and booked a BLT theme park view room! We are staying BLT 11/30 and then moving over to AKV 12/1/-12/6. My castle obsessed DD3 is going to lose her little mind!
We check in same day as you!! Also, MK View!! LOL....We are ALSO moving onto AKV/Jambo House but not until the 7th! Great minds think alike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
(bolding mine)
This is exactly the way we feel about the Contemporary!
It just feels so Disney to me - more than any of the other deluxe resorts.
When I'm in the Contemporary, I feel like I'm standing in a piece of authentic Disney history - even though it's the "Contemporary". LOL!
Yes, it's a busy, bustling resort, but I kind of like the "busy-ness" of it.
And, while I don't decorate our home in contemporary or modern lines, I've found at hotels, I like modern & contemporary - it feels "cleaner" to me.
Our room was on the 5th floor, right above Chef Mickey's, & I think I only remembering hearing the noise from Chef Mickey's once. And I love that I can walk out of my room or go to the quick-service & see Mickey & Minnie!
Plus, the monorail runs through!
The Contemporary is just quintessentially Disney to me. There is no "theme" because the theme is pure Disney.
Yes, yes...ALL this!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #1401
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thanks, as always, for all the DVC expertise from our great DVC members like Deb & Bill, psac and AirGoofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Sorry you had to cancel, Kook. Maybe next year you can make it up with a 4-way split stay. Enjoy the local vacations though!!! I imagine that cabin has the WL feel that you love.
Thanks, psac. It's funny that going to the Pigeon Forge area almost seems local when it's only a 9 hour drive Vs. 14 to WDW. Yes, the TN cabins do have that WL feel - except they're about 2000 SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Not off topic and sorry you'll have to miss your trip. We stayed in Gatlinburg a few years back and did have a nice vacation. While it is not Disney, they have some fun stuff to do on vacation.
Thank you, AirGoofy. Yep, the area near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge has PLENTY to do and all that great BBQ, too! Everyone is real friendly, too

Thanks for letting me go OT again
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #1402
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

Inner ring is lake view (odd number villas). Outer ring is standard and Theme Park View (for the most part, some are lake view) and are even number villas.
Actually, since the whole north and south wings of the outer ring are lake view (except the first few floors standard), there probably are still more lake view than MK view on the outer ring as well. To the OP, unless you do have a MK view booked (in which case you would have to lose your view for that laundry room), I would just make the request for "inner ring for the larger laundry room." That would explicitly tell the room assigner why you're making that request. As Deb & Bill said, the inner ring are all odd number rooms, so when you get there, if they give you an even number, you can ask to try to switch.
(I'm assuming the pack and play will actually fit, I have no idea myself.)
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #1403
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, as always, for all the DVC expertise from our great DVC members like Deb & Bill, psac and AirGoofy

Thanks, psac. It's funny that going to the Pigeon Forge area almost seems local when it's only a 9 hour drive Vs. 14 to WDW. Yes, the TN cabins do have that WL feel - except they're about 2000 SF

Thank you, AirGoofy. Yep, the area near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge has PLENTY to do and all that great BBQ, too! Everyone is real friendly, too

Thanks for letting me go OT again
2000 sqft, must be costing you $94765 a night if they are priced like WDW rooms!!! a big to us all. You're allowed, it's your thread!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #1404
ChrisNY2
Mouseketeer

Hi! I wanted to post my visit dates for the logorail

My first visit home as a BLT member: November 7-11, 2013.

Resorts so far (trying to stay at all of them!): GF, VGF, BLT, BC, BCV, BW, AKL, CB, CS, POFQ, AS Music, AS Sports, AoA, FW
Old 05-24-2013, 05:13 AM   #1405
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
2000 sqft, must be costing you $94765 a night if they are priced like WDW rooms!!! a big to us all. You're allowed, it's your thread!
I think that must be about right.

The Smokies are less expensive because it's a longer walk to the MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNY2 View Post
Hi! I wanted to post my visit dates for the logorail

My first visit home as a BLT member: November 7-11, 2013.
You're going to love BLT - you've been logged
Old 05-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #1406
scotas
Mouseketeer

Hi! I recently booked CR for a September trip (21-27). My first stay in a deluxe resort. I am really excited about being so close to MK and right on the monorail.
I was wondering if there are any quiet courtyards or places to relax and read? This year we are traveling in a group of 5 adults. I am the only one who doesn't really like watching tv so most years I just wander to a quiet spot to unwind and get away from the crowd for a bit. I think that's why I enjoy POFQ and CSR so much. They both have courtyards with fountains and soft music in the background. Any good spots at CR. we do have garden wing garden view booked.

Thanks

1998 off site
2005 Pop Century 50's section
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort - Jamacia
2008 Pop Century - 50's section
2009 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2010 Coronado Springs - Casistas 3
2011 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Jan.) Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Sept) Contemporary Resort
2014 (Feb.) Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 05-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #1407
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Since you have a garden wing room booked that's perfect. See if you can get a first floor room opposite the pool. You can sit on you patio and just enjoy the view. IMHO one of the quietest spots; you will hear some boats but I think that's kind of relaxing.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #1408
scotas
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I think I'll do that. 5 people in a room gets really crowded. I have a feeling I'll be sneaking away quite a bit.

1998 off site
2005 Pop Century 50's section
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort - Jamacia
2008 Pop Century - 50's section
2009 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2010 Coronado Springs - Casistas 3
2011 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Jan.) Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Sept) Contemporary Resort
2014 (Feb.) Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 05-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #1409
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

OK... so I am a resort changer. For our upcoming Aug trip, CR is the fourth resort I have switchted to (POR, AoA, GF, and now CR).

DD8 "caught" me looking at some pictures of another resort yesterday and said "Dad, we're NOT switching resorts again! Stick with the Contemporary!".

She really wants to be close to MK.

CR-GW it is, Aug 18-24th. Please add me to the log-orail!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #1410
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think that must be about right.

The Smokies are less expensive because it's a longer walk to the MK
This made me laugh out loud!! I lurk on this thread and the WL one because I want to stay at one of them in 2014. We are planning to go to Pigeon Forge the week after Thanksgiving this year, instead of Disney (DH's choice, not mine!!). One of my arguments to DH was, yes the cabin will be nice, but you can't walk OR boat to MK!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: