Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #1276
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,319

Just wondering if anyone got to take advantage of the promotions released today?
princessap is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #1277
Tntfras
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Just wondering if anyone got to take advantage of the promotions released today?
We did. Going back to WL 9/7-9/14 standard view. We were debating trying POR RR to save even more money but just couldn't give up "home".
Tntfras is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #1278
Planner2012
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 49

I just finished reading this entire thread and all I have to say is WOW. You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing all of your knowledge!

I think that a room in the garden wing would be perfect for my family. I just had a couple of questions (if these have been answered already, I apologize, I missed it).
-What kind of locking mechanism is on the sliding patio doors? Is there a security bar?
-For any who have stayed garden wing, standard view, first floor, when sitting on the patio did you have a lot of people walking/driving by? Did the patio feel really "exposed"?

TIA
Planner2012 is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #1279
MET270
Mouseketeer
 
MET270's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 157

All Aboard!!! DW and I will be staying at CR garden wing standard view 8/1 - 8/8. First time at CR and Celebrating our 2nd anniversary! Can't wait!!
MET270 is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #1280
cadale
Mouseketeer
 
cadale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 301

Is there room on board for us? Staying BLT 11/30 to 12/8 with 5 adults.
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD) (DS) (DDIL)

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #1281
Iwanabatdisney
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9

BLT - 2 BR Villa 9/2 to 9/5, we'll be there (all 7 of us)!
Iwanabatdisney is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #1282
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!
 
disneynanacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 672

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Is this stay at CR? Sounds like a great split!

One night is better than none. I hope your FIL's health improves

I believe that it's still on channel 20.

Welcome back! You've been logged

No problem and I get giddy about WDW, too

Congratulations and you're going to love CR!
Sorry wdwkook! No we will be at BLT. Should work out great. Saving AK until we're at AKL and only doing that park while there. The rest if the parks during our BLT stay. It'll be nice doing mnsshp and then a short trip home after!
__________________
disneynanacat is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #1283
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Get the pencil ready.....we are staying at Blt in a 2br villa sv!!! July 19-25!!!! Then off to a beach...tbd...

I am checking out the same day a kookeriffic bay lake hostess is checking in at Kkc.....fingers crossed!!!!
I entered your dates with my magical erasable posting ink. We'll be in touch about a check-in/check-out meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntfras View Post
We did. Going back to WL 9/7-9/14 standard view. We were debating trying POR RR to save even more money but just couldn't give up "home".
Let me know if you'd like that posted to the WL Lodgers' Log - I know the Logmeister over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner2012 View Post
I just finished reading this entire thread and all I have to say is WOW. You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing all of your knowledge!

I think that a room in the garden wing would be perfect for my family. I just had a couple of questions (if these have been answered already, I apologize, I missed it).
-What kind of locking mechanism is on the sliding patio doors? Is there a security bar?
-For any who have stayed garden wing, standard view, first floor, when sitting on the patio did you have a lot of people walking/driving by? Did the patio feel really "exposed"?

TIA
Welcome and thank you for such nice comments. The doors do not have a bar. They have a lock up high and one on the handle, similar to this BLT one:



I'll let someone else answer your STD View patio question since we've only stayed facing BL when we were on the ground floor.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
All Aboard!!! DW and I will be staying at CR garden wing standard view 8/1 - 8/8. First time at CR and Celebrating our 2nd anniversary! Can't wait!!
WOOT! You've been logged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadale View Post
Is there room on board for us? Staying BLT 11/30 to 12/8 with 5 adults.
There's always room for one more and welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanabatdisney View Post
BLT - 2 BR Villa 9/2 to 9/5, we'll be there (all 7 of us)!
to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread, Hoosier! You're going to love BLT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Sorry wdwkook! No we will be at BLT. Should work out great. Saving AK until we're at AKL and only doing that park while there. The rest if the parks during our BLT stay. It'll be nice doing mnsshp and then a short trip home after!
I'm the one who should apologize - it was right there in your ticker the whole time
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #1284
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Get the pencil ready.....we are staying at Blt in a 2br villa sv!!! July 19-25!!!! Then off to a beach...tbd...

I am checking out the same day a kookeriffic bay lake hostess is checking in at Kkc.....fingers crossed!!!!
Not sure how I missed this post this morning....

I really hope you stick with it. I know it's totally different than what the Pas clan is used to (i.e. no snack room) but I think everyone will love it!!!!

KOOK - that magic eraser gets a lot of use with the RC'ers doesn't it

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #1285
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
All Aboard!!! DW and I will be staying at CR garden wing standard view 8/1 - 8/8. First time at CR and Celebrating our 2nd anniversary! Can't wait!!
Congrats on the room and the anniversary. A great place to celebrate.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #1286
Iwanabatdisney
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9

to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread, Hoosier! You're going to love BLT!


Thanks for the welcome. Cannot wait! Not my first "rodeo" at Disney, but this is our first stay at BLT. I'll be posting questions, of that I am very sure!
Iwanabatdisney is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #1287
MET270
Mouseketeer
 
MET270's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

Congrats on the room and the anniversary. A great place to celebrate.
Thank you!
MET270 is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #1288
DISNEY CHICKIE
I'll be on the People Mover....
 
DISNEY CHICKIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 155

Hi there!

I sure hope there is room for 2 more! ALL ABOARD!!!!

It started out as a Mom/Son trip, but my DS fractured his foot a week ago (awesome timing! ) and thank goodness my DH was able to get off work and is taking his place! Plans were literally just finalized yesterday! My DS are going to plan our Mom/Son trip for September...with the free dining!

I guess I could have cancelled or rescheduled, but this is my first time staying at the Contemporary and there was no way I could chose to do that a week before! That is like saying you won the lottery and then the next week they take it away from you! Well maybe not that serious, but you know!

We are staying from 5/12/13 - 5/18/13 and we are staying in a TR with BLV!

I just wish I knew of some things we can do as a couple, but since it's last minute, we may just stick with the schedule my DS and I had planned. If anyone has any ideas, throw them at me!

This is my DH's first time visiting WDW ever, so I am looking forward to saying I TOLD YOU when he questioned me in the past as to why I love WDW so much!

Now I need to get to finish packing!
__________________
ME DH DS (21) DD (3) ZOEY

1989 MAY - OFF-SITE VILLA - KISSIMMEE
2001 MAY - GROSVENOR RESORT
2005 APRIL - THE POLYNESIAN
2007 MAY - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE

2009 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - RIVERSIDE

2011 JUNE - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE - SAVANNA VIEW
2012 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - FRENCH QUARTER

2013 MAY - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / BAY LAKE VIEW
2014 SEPT - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / MK VIEW - OUR FIRST MNSSHP!!!



DISNEY CHICKIE is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #1289
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY CHICKIE View Post
Hi there!

I sure hope there is room for 2 more! ALL ABOARD!!!!

It started out as a Mom/Son trip, but my DS fractured his foot a week ago (awesome timing! ) and thank goodness my DH was able to get off work and is taking his place! Plans were literally just finalized yesterday! My DS are going to plan our Mom/Son trip for September...with the free dining!

I guess I could have cancelled or rescheduled, but this is my first time staying at the Contemporary and there was no way I could chose to do that a week before! That is like saying you won the lottery and then the next week they take it away from you! Well maybe not that serious, but you know!

We are staying from 5/12/13 - 5/18/13 and we are staying in a TR with BLV!

I just wish I knew of some things we can do as a couple, but since it's last minute, we may just stick with the schedule my DS and I had planned. If anyone has any ideas, throw them at me!

This is my DH's first time visiting WDW ever, so I am looking forward to saying I TOLD YOU when he questioned me in the past as to why I love WDW so much!

Now I need to get to finish packing!
You're first on the Log-orail! Two more? What about little DD? There are lots of things to do as a couple (though it's been about 15 years since I've done them). But, in a few years I can try them again

There are a couple of lounges at CR, one next to CM and the other at The Wave. You can also take the Blue Flag boat over to WL and FW where they also have lounges and also HDDR at FW which is lots of fun. You can take the monorail right over to Poly and GF where there are more nice lounges and more dining, too. Are you going to try The Wave with DH? How about a romantic dinner at the GF?

There are also some fun tours you could do with DH in the parks. The Magic Behind our Steam Trains is at the MK and you can walk to it in the morning before park opening. We're going to try it in July.

Maybe DH would like to rent a boat? There are lots of water sports available at the CR.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #1290
DISNEY CHICKIE
I'll be on the People Mover....
 
DISNEY CHICKIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're first on the Log-orail! Two more? What about little DD? There are lots of things to do as a couple (though it's been about 15 years since I've done them). But, in a few years I can try them again

There are a couple of lounges at CR, one next to CM and the other at The Wave. You can also take the Blue Flag boat over to WL and FW where they also have lounges and also HDDR at FW which is lots of fun. You can take the monorail right over to Poly and GF where there are more nice lounges and more dining, too. Are you going to try The Wave with DH? How about a romantic dinner at the GF?

There are also some fun tours you could do with DH in the parks. The Magic Behind our Steam Trains is at the MK and you can walk to it in the morning before park opening. We're going to try it in July.

Maybe DH would like to rent a boat? There are lots of water sports available at the CR.
Thanks a bunch KOOK! I appreciate you sharing your ideas with me!

We actually thought about taking DD along, but then I thought I wanted to take her in December so we can enjoy all the holiday festivities! Good excuse to plan another WDW vacay!

My DH loves the renting a boat idea so we may do that. Oh and parasailing! We were also planning on trying some of the lounges, but I didn't think to take the boat over to WL and FW for some more!

24 hours from now I plan to be on the People Mover after enjoying my delish taco salad from Peco Bill's!

Thanks again for your help and if you need me to check anything out or take any pics, I will be happy to oblige!
__________________
ME DH DS (21) DD (3) ZOEY

1989 MAY - OFF-SITE VILLA - KISSIMMEE
2001 MAY - GROSVENOR RESORT
2005 APRIL - THE POLYNESIAN
2007 MAY - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE

2009 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - RIVERSIDE

2011 JUNE - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE - SAVANNA VIEW
2012 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - FRENCH QUARTER

2013 MAY - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / BAY LAKE VIEW
2014 SEPT - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / MK VIEW - OUR FIRST MNSSHP!!!



DISNEY CHICKIE is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: