Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #931
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Hey all!!! Getting some packing done today!!

Can someone please refresh my memory since we haven't stayed at the CR for a few years.....

Is there still a make-up mirror on the side wall next to the sinks (ugh those sinks what they were thinking I will NEVER know)? Instead of using one of the sinks as a counter I am going to try using a foldable make-up bag and I'm trying to think if there's a place I can hang it up near the sinks. THX!!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 04-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #932
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Speaking of sinks, are my 42 and 44 inch kids going to be able to reach the faucets conveniently to wash their hands? Does Disney have step stools they can put in the room for us?

And, I hate to be that person, but.....

I have a question about the coffee maker in the rooms.

(I say I hate to be that person because last year when I was addicted to the Poly thread, that thread was just lousy with constant questions about the coffee makers )

Is the coffee that is stocked in the rooms complimentary or do we have to pay for what we use? Last year we had DDP so DH just got it from Capn Cooks, but this year, we're paying OOP, and likely making coffee in our room.

Also, can I get hot water for tea from that same machine?

Thank you CR fans!!

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #933
OHIOVACATIONER
Mouseketeer

internet

We rented points for a DVC member at BLT. Do we get free internet with that?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #934
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOVACATIONER
Yup.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #935
Adlergray
Mouseketeer

Hi y'all
I just booked our first BLT stay for sept this week and have a couple questions.
(we booked through Disney, didn't rent points)

1. How long is the walk from BLT to the Monorail?
2. Is coffee ect replaced daily like normal rooms. ( I would assume so but I have seen the price list for DVC members and know the have to pay to get more so I was just checking.)
3. I'm I right that you can't get in to TOW unless you rent points?
4. Can you still get room service from CR?
TIA

Trips: '84 Poly,'86 Poly,'87 Poly, '88 GF,'92 GF, '95 Sports?,'97 YC, '99 Poly, '01 Poly, '02 Poly, '03 Poly, '05 Poly, Aug '11 YC, Oct '13 Poly, May '15 Poly/YC
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #936
sotoalf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlergray View Post
Hi y'all
I just booked our first BLT stay for sept this week and have a couple questions.

2. Is coffee ect replaced daily like normal rooms. ( I would assume so but I have seen the price list for DVC members and know the have to pay to get more so I was just checking.)
TIA
1. Not long. An elevated corridor connects BLT with the Grand Canyon Concourse.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #937
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So I read on a photographer's website that they are not allowed on any of the resort properties except for Boardwalk. Is this true? I've seen pictures of other family pics at places like POR, POFQ, and even CR online that were on non Disney PhotoPass photographers' sites...I'm confused...who would I contact to check this out??
I know for a fact that Randy Chapman can do photography at any of the Disney hotels. (I'm a Disney Travel Agent and my agency has a relationship with him).

I don't know if he has special permission, but I know he can do it.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #938
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Thank you KOOK and all of you CR experts. I've read every single page of this thread, and I'm so grateful for all your knowledge.

Last week I made a decision (note I did not say final decision) and I've booked for CR for December 2013.

My first ever WDW trip was Dec 2012 and we stayed at the Poly. Originally I wanted CR but was lured away with promises of walking distance to TTC. The Poly was *fine* but not quite my sweet spot, so I will keep my quest alive. I was almost lured away by WL this time, but I'm holding steady with CR.

This thread is the #1 reason why I'm going with CR. Of the whole trip, one of the favorite activities for my twins was campfires and watching movies outside. I hunted and looked and could not find that CR offered these things, until I read the first few pages of this awesome thread, and saw pictures of those 2 events. I decided immediately.

I'm booked GW/GV right now, until discounts come out. At that time I'll decide whether to stay with GW or upgrade to Tower-TPV.

Is it generally true that when AP discounts come out, they eventually come out for general public? If we do 2 trips within a year, AP would be beneficial financially, but if there are AP exclusive discounts that might tip us over the edge to make sure 2 trips happen in a year.

With AP, does the year go from the time of purchase in 2013 to the time of purchase in 2014, or is it by calendar year, meaning from Jan 1 to Dec 31 of any given year?

Thank you again!

So, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for the next 7 months!
I'm so impressed that you've read through the entire thread. I'm so glad you found this thread helpful in your planning and thank you for your kind comments. The AP rates are usually more in line with FL Resident rates, whereas the general public offers are generally more in line with Visa Card offers. If you purchase an AP voucher, such as the military AP, the clock won't start until you activate it.

Happy planning and let us know if you have any other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Also a fan of the TIW card, especially if you do a lot of signatures or like having a few adult beverages with your meals, since the discount applies to those as well. I think especially staying deluxe, the room only or AP discounts work out better than any free dining, and the TIW is better than paying for the plans. If you take more than one trip per year, the AP is definitely the way to go. Even the AP discount on souvenirs makes a nice little difference in spending.
...And if you don't, the AP is a great way to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Hey all!!! Getting some packing done today!!

Can someone please refresh my memory since we haven't stayed at the CR for a few years.....

Is there still a make-up mirror on the side wall next to the sinks (ugh those sinks what they were thinking I will NEVER know)? Instead of using one of the sinks as a counter I am going to try using a foldable make-up bag and I'm trying to think if there's a place I can hang it up near the sinks. THX!!!
Yes, the mirror is still there and could you hang your bag on the ladder-style towel rack?

Quote:
Speaking of sinks, are my 42 and 44 inch kids going to be able to reach the faucets conveniently to wash their hands? Does Disney have step stools they can put in the room for us?

And, I hate to be that person, but.....

I have a question about the coffee maker in the rooms.

(I say I hate to be that person because last year when I was addicted to the Poly thread, that thread was just lousy with constant questions about the coffee makers )

Is the coffee that is stocked in the rooms complimentary or do we have to pay for what we use? Last year we had DDP so DH just got it from Capn Cooks, but this year, we're paying OOP, and likely making coffee in our room.

Also, can I get hot water for tea from that same machine?

Thank you CR fans!!
LOL about the coffee. No problem asking here, but there isn't Kona at CR. They replenish the coffee daily and just leave out the coffee pod to make hot water for the tea which they supply.

I believe it was on the WL thread that someone posted that they had stepping stools for kids to reach the sinks. Just ask housekeeping or at check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOVACATIONER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yup.
Yes, WiFi is now free at all resorts and parks.

Quote:
Hi y'all

TIA
1. About 5-10 minutes depending on where you are at BLT.

2. Yes, daily.

3. Correct.

4. Yes.

Congratulations on booking! You're going to love BLT!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #939
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
When are you going? David's couldn't reserve a two BR for us at BLT even at the 11 month window. He didn't have enough points for us-Boo!
This is the exact problem that I'm running into with trying to rent points. Tried David's and another one. And I only want a 1BR, for 3 nights. Not that many points really.

Were you ever successful with renting or did you do a cash reservation? We did a cash res. before but with a substantial discount (45%). No way I can stomach paying full rack rate in spring break season.

They said to check back at the 7 month booking window but I feel like that's just lip service. I highly doubt there will be any availability at the 7 month mark. Thoughts?
Old 04-17-2013, 02:05 AM   #940
Bolebrothers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi y'all

TIA
1) The connecting "gangway" is on the 5th floor, from any room no more than 3-4 minutes to the CR and the monorail.
2)Yes when booked direct, housekeeping is daily and they will refill, if not call housekeeping and they will bring you some.
3) You have to be a DVC member as they ask for your member card if you want to go up there. At least they did in February, so even if renting points I am not sure you could enjoy the TOW. There are a lot of discussions over this on DIS.
4) Yes, you most certainly can, a menu will be in the room.

And enjoy your stay it is our favorite place, we have tried a few other DVC resorts but nothing compares, so very happy we bought at BLT.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 AM   #941
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yes, the mirror is still there and could you hang your bag on the ladder-style towel rack?

Wow!! Thx Cook!! You are such an incredible wealth of knowledge!!!

I'm sure I'll have no problem finding a spot to hang the bag! Glad to hear the mirror is still there.....my eyes are getting worse and worse these days.

We're down to less than 24 hours!!! I can hardly stand it!!

Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #942
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
We're down to less than 24 hours!!! I can hardly stand it!!
So Jealous!! Enjoy! Will you report back?

2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #943
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

I see from the photos from Fantasia Market, there are gallon sized waters available. I am overjoyed at this!!

Does anyone know the price? Even an estimate would be welcome. I was going to do Garden Grocer to get water, but now that it's available at Fantsasia, it might be cheaper to buy from Disney than build up an order to equal 40 bucks plus shipping.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #944
Hulles
Martian Mickey

Checking into BLT in 3days. Thanks for all the info in this thread! its been nice to keep up to date on everything going on at the resort

Hoping the weather holds out for us during our stay. so far it looks like about a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms just about every day
Old 04-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #945
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So Jealous!! Enjoy! Will you report back?
Of COURSE I will!

Quote:
I see from the photos from Fantasia Market, there are gallon sized waters available. I am overjoyed at this!!

Does anyone know the price? Even an estimate would be welcome. I was going to do Garden Grocer to get water, but now that it's available at Fantsasia, it might be cheaper to buy from Disney than build up an order to equal 40 bucks plus shipping.
Can't remember....thinking $2.50 maybe?? I could be way off! I will try to remember to check and let you know!
We will be making a 15 minute grocery stop on our way to the CR tmr (taking a car service from MCO) to pick up a couple cases of water. We go thru so much of it that it's worth stopping.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: