Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #916
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
Yahoooooo one week until BLT!
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Yes!! The beds are comfy cozy!!! I honestly can't remember if they're soft or firm (I sleep on a soft bed at home tho).....but I can tell you I sleep like a baby when I'm there!!!

Enjoy your stay!! We will be at the CR in FIVE MORE DAYS!!!!
How are the beds at the CR? We haven't experienced a bad night's sleep at any of the resorts we've stayed at, but the beds at the Poly and GF were especially comfy .....I hope the CR is similar.

Congrats on your trip coming up in 5 days .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #917
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Will return later to multi-quote, but for now...

Free entry to Blizzard Beach on 2 days in May!

On May 9 and May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.

No reservations are needed, just show your Annual Pass at the gate.

From the DIS.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #918
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Will return later to multi-quote, but for now...

Free entry to Blizzard Beach on 2 days in May!

On May 9 and May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.

No reservations are needed, just show your Annual Pass at the gate.

From the DIS.
I saw this the other day....hmmmm....maybe a quick weekend trip after all

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #919
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
KOOK Congrates on adding a night!!! WOW glad you rechecked your room request that could have been a real problem.
Thank you, Sheila. When we stay CL, I always have the IPO confirm my request, just in case. And, I find that if you do have any room issues, they are much easier to resolve when you're staying CL because you can actually call the concierge directly and speak to someone just a few steps away or easily walk over to their desk.

Do you have all your ADRs made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Congrats on not changing this reservation . Too funny about the CM......he probably didn't know what to do when you weren't calling to change resorts .
I even asked DH today if he was sure he wanted CR the entire stay or if he wanted a split and both he and DD want CR for 11 days, so it doesn't look like I'm changing a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbpanda View Post
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to people on this thread. We have just returned home to the UK from our very first Disney holiday. We stayed at CR for 14 nights & had a TPV room (odd number, so we could see the fireworks from the bed!). It was a fantastic resort for us. My children's favourite meals of the whole 2 weeks were Chef Mickey & The Wave and we really liked the contempo cafe.

I haven't looked here for a while, so I expect someone has already posted that they have finished all the re-carpeting etc. in the tower building. They have just started on the garden wing, where the laundry is and the laundry was closed on Wednesday. They are sending CR guests to use the laundry at BLT. I don't know how long it will take, but anyone going in the next few days might want to bear that in mind.

Also, my kids loved the new carpets. They used the strange large flowers as stepping stones!

The info from this thread really helped us to plan and enjoy our stay at CR
Great information on the laundry and welcome home! I'm glad you've found the thread useful in your planning and I hope you'll stick around to help answer questions since you're now a seasoned CR guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgi Zhukov View Post
LOL. Don't forget about Stacey. I doubt they have a "Must Do Europe" show over there!

Thanks Kook - I agree with everything you said. It will definitely be a bittersweet trip for us this time, but we're definitely Disney junkies in this family so there's a good chance we'll "fall off the wagon" and be back soon. And no problem on your requests - anything for you! Will post the pics and any intel gathered on the CG upon my return.
[/B]
I hope you and your family arrived safely and are having a great time! Thanks for posting some photos and HUMINT when you get back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
Yahoooooo one week until BLT! I was wondering if anyone has stayed there if you like the beds....are they firm/soft? I like the beds at CR but this is our first time at BLT and I have a bad back...hoping they are comfy!!!!
There is something about the beds at CR and BLT that we just love. They are the coziest beds, we think, at WDW. We sleep on a Tempurpedic and love it and the CR and BLT beds have always felt great to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Yes!! The beds are comfy cozy!!! I honestly can't remember if they're soft or firm (I sleep on a soft bed at home tho).....but I can tell you I sleep like a baby when I'm there!!!

Enjoy your stay!! We will be at the CR in FIVE MORE DAYS!!!!
Are you all packed yet? I bet you're getting really excited! Where will you have your arrival day first big meal? Do you have a family tradition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I saw this the other day....hmmmm....maybe a quick weekend trip after all

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
YES! Your must! Now that your DS is feeling much better, thanks to your great GF cooking, you need to celebrate!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #920
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I even asked DH today if he was sure he wanted CR the entire stay or if he wanted a split and both he and DD want CR for 11 days, so it doesn't look like I'm changing a thing
I think that's a good choice.......you are going to have a great time .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #921
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

KOOK I make my ADRs on 5/7

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #922
WDWKOOK

Quote:
I think that's a good choice.......you are going to have a great time .
I have to ask...have you made or come closer to making your reservation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
KOOK I make my ADRs on 5/7
OK, but shouldn't you be making them in 9 days? Isn't it 180+10?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #923
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have to ask...have you made or come closer to making your reservation?
I'm getting close . I sat down today and crunched numbers as far as paying OOP for meals, getting the DDP, or getting APs and buying the TiW card. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to book a package with tickets/DDP or book room only and pay OOP with or without the AP/TiW card. I think I've decided to go the room only route, but I'm going to give it some more thought and hopefully make a concrete decision soon .

Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #924
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm getting close . I sat down today and crunched numbers as far as paying OOP for meals, getting the DDP, or getting APs and buying the TiW card. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to book a package with tickets/DDP or book room only and pay OOP with or without the AP/TiW card. I think I've decided to go the room only route, but I'm going to give it some more thought and hopefully make a concrete decision soon .
I am a FL res so my numbers are skewed, but I did run an excel spreadsheet on meals with the DP vs. OOP w/ TiW, and it was close but we decided the TiW won and we definitely got our money's worth this year. We liked the flexibility of the TiW and not feeling like we had to maximize every meal.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #925
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Quote:
I am a FL res so my numbers are skewed, but I did run an excel spreadsheet on meals with the DP vs. OOP w/ TiW, and it was close but we decided the TiW won and we definitely got our money's worth this year. We liked the flexibility of the TiW and not feeling like we had to maximize every meal.

ITA with Melissa. When I've run the numbers, APs with TIW win every time. Of course, if you can't squeeze at least one more trip in in a year or if you're not visiting at least once for 14 days (that is the break-even mark for us with the APs at the military rate) then skip APs, and buy a package with tickets, but I would still skip the DDP.

When I've run the numbers on the DDP, for us, we're better off paying OOP, even if we didn't have TIW. The DDP includes dessert, which you pay for and tip on which we often don't want right after our big meal. If you do the DxDP, that includes two desserts per day and three TS meals, all of which you'll have to factor in the amount of all those tips per day, which are no longer included in the DxDP. My calculations for us showed that getting the DDP really just gives us one snack free per day. This is hardly worth the restrictions of the DDP and the fact that we may not want snacks and desserts, which we've already paid for with the DDP and feel 'obligated' to order. For us, 20% off our TS meals (including drinks) and generally one QS meal without a discount per day, in combination with CL, works best for us. But, your mileage may vary
Old 04-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #926
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Thank you KOOK and all of you CR experts. I've read every single page of this thread, and I'm so grateful for all your knowledge.

Last week I made a decision (note I did not say final decision) and I've booked for CR for December 2013.

My first ever WDW trip was Dec 2012 and we stayed at the Poly. Originally I wanted CR but was lured away with promises of walking distance to TTC. The Poly was *fine* but not quite my sweet spot, so I will keep my quest alive. I was almost lured away by WL this time, but I'm holding steady with CR.

This thread is the #1 reason why I'm going with CR. Of the whole trip, one of the favorite activities for my twins was campfires and watching movies outside. I hunted and looked and could not find that CR offered these things, until I read the first few pages of this awesome thread, and saw pictures of those 2 events. I decided immediately.

I'm booked GW/GV right now, until discounts come out. At that time I'll decide whether to stay with GW or upgrade to Tower-TPV.

Is it generally true that when AP discounts come out, they eventually come out for general public? If we do 2 trips within a year, AP would be beneficial financially, but if there are AP exclusive discounts that might tip us over the edge to make sure 2 trips happen in a year.

With AP, does the year go from the time of purchase in 2013 to the time of purchase in 2014, or is it by calendar year, meaning from Jan 1 to Dec 31 of any given year?

Thank you again!

So, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for the next 7 months!

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #927
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Thank you KOOK and all of you CR experts. I've read every single page of this thread, and I'm so grateful for all your knowledge.

Last week I made a decision (note I did not say final decision) and I've booked for CR for December 2013.

My first ever WDW trip was Dec 2012 and we stayed at the Poly. Originally I wanted CR but was lured away with promises of walking distance to TTC. The Poly was *fine* but not quite my sweet spot, so I will keep my quest alive. I was almost lured away by WL this time, but I'm holding steady with CR.

This thread is the #1 reason why I'm going with CR. Of the whole trip, one of the favorite activities for my twins was campfires and watching movies outside. I hunted and looked and could not find that CR offered these things, until I read the first few pages of this awesome thread, and saw pictures of those 2 events. I decided immediately.

I'm booked GW/GV right now, until discounts come out. At that time I'll decide whether to stay with GW or upgrade to Tower-TPV.

Is it generally true that when AP discounts come out, they eventually come out for general public? If we do 2 trips within a year, AP would be beneficial financially, but if there are AP exclusive discounts that might tip us over the edge to make sure 2 trips happen in a year.

With AP, does the year go from the time of purchase in 2013 to the time of purchase in 2014, or is it by calendar year, meaning from Jan 1 to Dec 31 of any given year?

Thank you again!

So, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for the next 7 months!
Welcome!! And the AP year is a year from purchase. :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #928
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
ITA with Melissa. When I've run the numbers, APs with TIW win every time. Of course, if you can't squeeze at least one more trip in in a year or if you're not visiting at least once for 14 days (that is the break-even mark for us with the APs at the military rate) then skip APs, and buy a package with tickets, but I would still skip the DDP.

When I've run the numbers on the DDP, for us, we're better off paying OOP, even if we didn't have TIW. The DDP includes dessert, which you pay for and tip on which we often don't want right after our big meal. If you do the DxDP, that includes two desserts per day and three TS meals, all of which you'll have to factor in the amount of all those tips per day, which are no longer included in the DxDP. My calculations for us showed that getting the DDP really just gives us one snack free per day. This is hardly worth the restrictions of the DDP and the fact that we may not want snacks and desserts, which we've already paid for with the DDP and feel 'obligated' to order. For us, 20% off our TS meals (including drinks) and generally one QS meal without a discount per day, in combination with CL, works best for us. But, your mileage may vary
Thank you both for your input .

After doing the math, the TiW card comes out to be the bigger savings for us, with paying OOP and the DDP coming out to be about the same. I am really leaning toward CL so that, combined with the TiW card, will be a good combination I think .

Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #929
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you both for your input .

After doing the math, the TiW card comes out to be the bigger savings for us, with paying OOP and the DDP coming out to be about the same. I am really leaning toward CL so that, combined with the TiW card, will be a good combination I think .
Also a fan of the TIW card, especially if you do a lot of signatures or like having a few adult beverages with your meals, since the discount applies to those as well. I think especially staying deluxe, the room only or AP discounts work out better than any free dining, and the TIW is better than paying for the plans. If you take more than one trip per year, the AP is definitely the way to go. Even the AP discount on souvenirs makes a nice little difference in spending.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #930
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Also a fan of the TIW card, especially if you do a lot of signatures or like having a few adult beverages with your meals, since the discount applies to those as well. I think especially staying deluxe, the room only or AP discounts work out better than any free dining, and the TIW is better than paying for the plans. If you take more than one trip per year, the AP is definitely the way to go. Even the AP discount on souvenirs makes a nice little difference in spending.
Thanks for your input . We never ate at any signature restaurants until our December 2010 trip (tried Artist Point and Yachtsman Steakhouse....loved them both), but once we tried them, we really enjoyed them and are looking forward to trying others on future trips. As much as we love the DDP/DlxDDP, I'm thinking that isn't a good idea for us this time around, especially since I'm giving a lot of consideration to APs and buying the TiW card. We will most likely take at least one trip in 2014, so the APs would be our best bet, although putting out money for 4 adult APs will be a big expense . But in the long run I think it would be worth it.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: