Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #796
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. Looks like I will book garden wing and then switch to theme park if I can....looks like DH wants to try theme park view so it might just happen!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #797
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I have never switched rooms or done a split stay so I can not help you there but I do think it is a good idea to book the GW room now as they do sell out before the tower rooms, then upgrade when discounts come out.

I booked the Deluxe room in GW one year then changed to tower TPV when RO discounts came out but unfortunately ended up changeing again to another resort. One day I will stay in my CR tower TPV
Thanks...what made you switch resorts from theme park view?

I see you are staying at the Polynesian resort soon...we loved it there!! That is what I am debating between poly and cr?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #798
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post

I see you are staying at the Polynesian resort soon...we loved it there!! That is what I am debating between poly and cr?
I loved our stay at the Poly a few years back, but decided we'd try something different this time around. Hence the CR this trip. Won't know which we like better until we try them, right? :-). BC was last year and although nice, liked the convenience of the Poly better. I figure CR will be convenient as well!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #799
Carable
Mouseketeer

We are staying on property for the 1st time ever, and couldn't be more excited to be at BLT. We are checking into Bay Lake Towers Lake View, 2 bed villa, on May 11th. We are a group of 6, including 2 grandparents and kids ages 5 and 7. I want to go ahead and check in online, are there any specific requests I should put in for room location?

DL - '85, '91, '94
WDW - '93, '95, '09 (1st time for kiddos)
May '13 - BLT
April '14 - CBR Pirate Room
Aug '14 POR Royal Room & Cruisin' on the Fantasy

Current TR: Mortimer Walt! A Spring Break Success Story
My 1st PTR/TR...My Deep Descent into Disney Madness...May 2013
Old 04-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #800
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
1mama2three.....I just noticed on your ticker that you are doing EXACTLY what we are thinking of doing!! Bonnet creek and then CR! We did a family stay and ended at the poly and loved it! so thinking of doing the same thing this time....want to go to CR for magical express but think it will be a letdown to go to bonnet creek after CR.

Did you like the split stay?? how long did you do at both??
We liked the affordability that the split stay with BC provided...We stayed there 3 nights when room rates over MLK weekend were the highest, and then stayed 6 nights at CR when room rates were better with the AP discount. I thought the split stay was nice because we were able to move with washed laundry, and it didn't seem like too much of a hassle. We'll never stay at BC again, but that's a whole separate issue. I would think that going from CR to BC would be a letdown...we did it the opposite, and once we got to CR we wished we had just paid the extra to stay there the whole time.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, VGF/Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
Old 04-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #801
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks, we didnt find the walk bad at all from the poly. So I am sure the girls will love walking and seeing the park, heck I am sure I will love it!

how long does it take to get to monorail?
I'd say it took us about 7 minutes to get from the far garden wing up to the monorail platform...depending on how long you have to wait for the elevator...using the escalator or stairs goes even faster. Granted we are fast walkers, but it wasn't bad at all. People in the rooms closer to the main buildings could be there in a few minutes, I'm sure.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, VGF/Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
Old 04-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #802
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

I do agree that Garden Wing/Garden View rooms seem to book the fastest...I always hesitate booking in advance without a discount, though, because then if they're full before discounts are released wouldn't that mean that there's no incentive for Disney to offer a discount on them? That's quite the dilemma.

For the record, I've never been able to find availability for Garden Wing/Standard View...is that because they put conferences/weddings in those rooms?
Old 04-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #803
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
I do agree that Garden Wing/Garden View rooms seem to book the fastest...I always hesitate booking in advance without a discount, though, because then if they're full before discounts are released wouldn't that mean that there's no incentive for Disney to offer a discount on them? That's quite the dilemma.

For the record, I've never been able to find availability for Garden Wing/Standard View...is that because they put conferences/weddings in those rooms?
There was availability for the standard view the day discounts were just released for some weeks in July.

Do you mind me asking why you wouldn't stay at bonnet creek again?
Old 04-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #804
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There was availability for the standard view the day discounts were just released for some weeks in July.

Do you mind me asking why you wouldn't stay at bonnet creek again?
I PM'ed you.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #805
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carable View Post
We are staying on property for the 1st time ever, and couldn't be more excited to be at BLT. We are checking into Bay Lake Towers Lake View, 2 bed villa, on May 11th. We are a group of 6, including 2 grandparents and kids ages 5 and 7. I want to go ahead and check in online, are there any specific requests I should put in for room location?
You are going to love it....but be forewarned. We stayed at BLT 2 br lake view for the first time last fall and now we will have a hard time ever returning to a regular room again! We ended up with a room at the very end if the hall, North side. Many people love it because it has a view of the lake to the right, woods in front, and MK if you really crane your head back to the right. But my parents didnt love the long walk and we couldn't see the ELP. This year I'm just going with whatever the fine folks assigning the room decide to give me! There Really isn't a bad spot and I really enjoyed our last room. So peaceful and soooooo close to MK. But I think if you search there is a whole thread on rooms at BLT with their views in case you have a preference.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #806
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three

I PM'ed you.
Would you mind sharing with me as well?

We did a POP, WBC, POR split stay in 2012.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Old 04-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #807
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
Would you mind sharing with me as well?

We did a POP, WBC, POR split stay in 2012.
Sure...I sent you a PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #808
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone. Looks like I will book garden wing and then switch to theme park if I can....looks like DH wants to try theme park view so it might just happen!
Yay for DH wanting TPV.....hope you are able to book that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Won't know which we like better until we try them, right? :-). BC was last year and although nice, liked the convenience of the Poly better. I figure CR will be convenient as well!
I agree about trying different resorts. We have our favorite (Poly), but we also enjoy trying new resorts. We feel the same way about the BC. We loved the resort and had a great stay, but we love everything about the Poly (including the convenience to MK as well as to the TTC for the Epcot monorail ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carable View Post
I can't help with requests, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy staying at BLT .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
It usually does work that way. If Disney sees that a particular resort and/or room type is booking up without a discount, that resort/room type will most likely not be included when/if a discount is released. A lot of people book "in hopes" of getting a discount, but will cancel if they don't get one. I don't think that's a good idea because booking that room is one less room that Disney needs to fill. I always suggest booking early if you are going regardless of whether or not a discount comes out to ensure you get what you want, but hold off on booking if a discount is the only way you will take the trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #809
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

We decided we wanted to try BC then ended up having to cancel our trip and we went with BWI

This will be our first time at the Poly I am so excited!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #810
princessap
DIS Veteran

Have a great time at the poly! We loved it there and hope other resorts live up to our expectations now! LOL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: