Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #781
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Thanks for your reply. We have three girls so I am happy to see you stayed there with your kids too. did it seem crowded?? did you book standard view or garden view?? did you request patio level?

I am thinking it is our best option to be closest to MK without breaking the bank. LOL. I would love Theme park view but not sure it is worth it if we arent in the room a lot.
This past January was definitely busier than any past Januarys that we've been at Disney. When we checked in, we were told they (the CR) were full on many of the nights were were there...they had at least two large conferences back-to-back she said. The main building was always busy, but the Garden Wing felt like a stark contrast to that. You could see that many rooms were occupied, but it was just a lot quieter out there. Most days we were the only people out on the beach. We never seemed to have to wait long for an elevator to the monorails either, but I will say that most mornings we walked to the CR and rode the monorail back in the afternoon. We booked the Garden View, and we did request to have ground level/patio.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, VGF/Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
Old 04-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #782
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
This past January was definitely busier than any past Januarys that we've been at Disney. When we checked in, we were told they (the CR) were full on many of the nights were were there...they had at least two large conferences back-to-back she said. The main building was always busy, but the Garden Wing felt like a stark contrast to that. You could see that many rooms were occupied, but it was just a lot quieter out there. Most days we were the only people out on the beach. We never seemed to have to wait long for an elevator to the monorails either, but I will say that most mornings we walked to the CR and rode the monorail back in the afternoon. We booked the Garden View, and we did request to have ground level/patio.
Thanks!! we will do at least one prepark opening at either CRT or BBB again, loved it last time! so I like the convenience of being close by MK. We loved poly but my husband likes staying new places everytime...it took convincing to get him onsite this year for two nights as we previously have always stayed at Bonnet Creek...now he sees the convenience of it and will only stay deluxe! LOL. I won that battle for now!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #783
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a great idea!!! I think we will do that!!

When are you booking for your Dec stay? I have to wait for 2014 rates to come out first or maybe I will call and book it!

Do garden wings sell out faster than theme park views?
I'm looking to book within the next few weeks (that is if I can decide which room type to book ). It will be quite awhile before discounts for December are out (that is IF there are any discounts to be had ), so I think I'll go ahead and book the room now and see what happens as far as discounts. I don't have experience with booking at the CR, but I do think the GW rooms sell out quicker than anything else because they are cheaper.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #784
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
thanks. How long to walk to the monorail?? longer than say the POLY to the TTC??
The walk from the far end of the garden wing over to the MK is longer (distance-wise) than the walk from the TTC to the Poly's GCH, but it sure "felt" like the walk from the Garden Wing was shorter because you could see the MK once you walked out the front doors of the CR. There was so much to SEE on the walk. When we did the walk from the TTC to the Poly it felt longer to me, but the maps show it wasn't.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, VGF/Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
Old 04-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #785
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The walk from the far end of the garden wing over to the MK is longer (distance-wise) than the walk from the TTC to the Poly's GCH, but it sure "felt" like the walk from the Garden Wing was shorter because you could see the MK once you walked out the front doors of the CR. There was so much to SEE on the walk. When we did the walk from the TTC to the Poly it felt longer to me, but the maps show it wasn't.
Thanks, we didnt find the walk bad at all from the poly. So I am sure the girls will love walking and seeing the park, heck I am sure I will love it!

how long does it take to get to monorail?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #786
princessap
DIS Veteran

1mama2three.....I just noticed on your ticker that you are doing EXACTLY what we are thinking of doing!! Bonnet creek and then CR! We did a family stay and ended at the poly and loved it! so thinking of doing the same thing this time....want to go to CR for magical express but think it will be a letdown to go to bonnet creek after CR.

Did you like the split stay?? how long did you do at both??
Old 04-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #787
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Like the walk from BC to Epcot? I wasn't fond of it in the heat and humidity last September.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #788
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Anyone know what sort of view you'd get from one of the deluxe rooms? Patio/ground floor better?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #789
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

With regard to which rooms sell out faster, we are staying in the garden wing the third week of August. All garden wing rooms were sold out by the end of February/beginning of March, if not sooner. Both room types are still available in the tower. Hope that helps.

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 04-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #790
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
With regard to which rooms sell out faster, we are staying in the garden wing the third week of August. All garden wing rooms were sold out by the end of February/beginning of March, if not sooner. Both room types are still available in the tower. Hope that helps.
There were still some garden wing rooms available with the summer discount for the 1st week of August when we booked this week.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #791
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Anyone know what sort of view you'd get from one of the deluxe rooms? Patio/ground floor better?
I believe when I was researching the Deluxe room you had a partial view of the pool.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #792
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone's replies on here!! Did those who book garden wing rooms book garden view or standard view??

I am really leaning towards calling and booking for next year!!
I am thinking of booking garden wing and then if we can afford it splurge when discounts are released for theme park view for maybe only last night!
would that be a pain to move rooms though??
Old 04-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #793
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what time the gift shop usually closes? We will be arriving late in October our first night and we would like to be able to stop into the gift shop (an arrival night ritual ) but it doesn't look like we will be getting there until 9:30pm - 10pm.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 04-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #794
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Thanks to everyone's replies on here!! Did those who book garden wing rooms book garden view or standard view??

I am really leaning towards calling and booking for next year!!
I am thinking of booking garden wing and then if we can afford it splurge when discounts are released for theme park view for maybe only last night!
I have never switched rooms or done a split stay so I can not help you there but I do think it is a good idea to book the GW room now as they do sell out before the tower rooms, then upgrade when discounts come out.

I booked the Deluxe room in GW one year then changed to tower TPV when RO discounts came out but unfortunately ended up changeing again to another resort. One day I will stay in my CR tower TPV

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #795
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's not a pain (IMO) to change rooms as Disney makes it very easy (and you could just walk over to the tower with your luggage to check in), but if it were me, I wouldn't want to do it for just one night. You would have to be out of the first room by 11:00 a.m. and there's the possibility of the TPV room not being available until later in the day. However, if you will be at the parks most of the day, having a room not ready wouldn't be that much of a problem. I have been there trying to decide just what resort and room type to book on trips, but have always had great trips no matter where we've stayed. So I know you'll have a magical trip no matter which room you choose .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Does anyone know what time the gift shop usually closes? We will be arriving late in October our first night and we would like to be able to stop into the gift shop (an arrival night ritual ) but it doesn't look like we will be getting there until 9:30pm - 10pm.
I want to say the gift shops close around 10, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will be able to give the correct info on that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I booked the Deluxe room in GW one year then changed to tower TPV when RO discounts came out but unfortunately ended up changeing again to another resort. One day I will stay in my CR tower TPV
It's great that there are so many resort choices, but it's also not so great for that same reason because it makes it harder to choose just one .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: