Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #766
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
How do you book a deluxe room in the garden wing??
It's a specific booking choice if it's available. But there are only 3 of the deluxe rooms.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #767
princessap
DIS Veteran

is that what you booked for extra space?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #768
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
is that what you booked for extra space?
Yep! There's a link to pics and video of it on the first page of the thread...part 2 of somebody's blog I think?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #769
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Does anyone know if the 1 bedroom suites on the 14th floor have an extra bathroom with a shower on it?
Old 04-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #770
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Sorry duplicate post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #771
princessap
DIS Veteran

Sooooo....I think we decided on garden wing! It is cheapest option to be closest to MK which we love!!! Theme park is almost triple the price which doesn't seem worth it when we will be at the parks all day and watching wishes from there! and the one night we dont we are planning a dinner somewhere anyways.

Just wondering for those people who have stayed in the garden wing, did you enjoy it?? or did you feel out of the action of CR?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #772
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sooooo....I think we decided on garden wing! It is cheapest option to be closest to MK which we love!!! Theme park is almost triple the price which doesn't seem worth it when we will be at the parks all day and watching wishes from there! and the one night we dont we are planning a dinner somewhere anyways.

Just wondering for those people who have stayed in the garden wing, did you enjoy it?? or did you feel out of the action of CR?
We stayed in the Garden Wing back in January and we fell in love with it!!! Personally, we appreciated being able to walk through the craziness of the main hotel, out the back door and to our room in the garden wing. It was very peaceful, and we loved being able to sit on our patio and watch the kids play on the beach & watch the boats go by. We did hear the boat horns each morning and into the evening, but we loved that aspect of it. To us, it was more of a relaxing sound than an irritant. Our room faced out onto the lake, and it really made us feel like we were in our own little world. There was VERY LITTLE foot traffic that went by our room too (just a few joggers from time-to-time) which was a nice change after having stayed only at POP. We liked that we could leave the craziness behind, take a breather, and go back to the main building once we were more refreshed. From the beach, we could see some of the fireworks, hear the MK train whistle and watch the sunrise. Not to mention we only had to take a quick 10 minute walk to get to the MK. I'm just hoping we get to stay there at least one more time before we've outgrown it.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, VGF/Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
Old 04-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #773
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
We stayed in the Garden Wing back in January and we fell in love with it!!! Personally, we appreciated being able to walk through the craziness of the main hotel, out the back door and to our room in the garden wing. It was very peaceful, and we loved being able to sit on our patio and watch the kids play on the beach & watch the boats go by. We did hear the boat horns each morning and into the evening, but we loved that aspect of it. To us, it was more of a relaxing sound than an irritant. Our room faced out onto the lake, and it really made us feel like we were in our own little world. There was VERY LITTLE foot traffic that went by our room too (just a few joggers from time-to-time) which was a nice change after having stayed only at POP. We liked that we could leave the craziness behind, take a breather, and go back to the main building once we were more refreshed. From the beach, we could see some of the fireworks, hear the MK train whistle and watch the sunrise. Not to mention we only had to take a quick 10 minute walk to get to the MK. I'm just hoping we get to stay there at least one more time before we've outgrown it.
Thanks for your reply. We have three girls so I am happy to see you stayed there with your kids too. did it seem crowded?? did you book standard view or garden view?? did you request patio level?

I am thinking it is our best option to be closest to MK without breaking the bank. LOL. I would love Theme park view but not sure it is worth it if we arent in the room a lot.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #774
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. We have three girls so I am happy to see you stayed there with your kids too. did it seem crowded?? did you book standard view or garden view?? did you request patio level?

I am thinking it is our best option to be closest to MK without breaking the bank. LOL. I would love Theme park view but not sure it is worth it if we arent in the room a lot.
I've stayed in a lake view room and a theme park view room (but not in the garden wing, though) and while it was cool to look out the window and see the castle, it's not something worth breaking the bank over (ESPECIALLY if you have busy park days planned).

The location of CR is worth the price and there are plenty of places to see the castle from the tower, so I think you'd be happy in the garden wing. Put the money you would have spent on upgrading to TPV and sign up for a fun experience or a nice meal!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 04-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #775
katepass72
Mouseketeer

We have also stayed Garden Wing a few times - longer walk than the tower, but I agree with the other poster. It's very quiet and doesn't feel crowded at all. If you're able to request a ground floor room, I would absolutely do so. The higher floors in the Garden Wing don't have balconies, although you can open the sliding "doors". The patios are really nice to have.
Off-site February 2003; Off-site May 2007; Poly May 2008; Contemporary June 2009;Contemporary October 2009; Contemporary June 2010; Bay Lake Towers, Jan/Feb 2011; Port Orleans - Princess Half Marathon! Feb 2012; Port Orleans - Tower of Terror 10 Mile Sept 2012; Contemporary January 2013
Old 04-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #776
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I've stayed in a lake view room and a theme park view room (but not in the garden wing, though) and while it was cool to look out the window and see the castle, it's not something worth breaking the bank over (ESPECIALLY if you have busy park days planned).

The location of CR is worth the price and there are plenty of places to see the castle from the tower, so I think you'd be happy in the garden wing. Put the money you would have spent on upgrading to TPV and sign up for a fun experience or a nice meal!
Thanks! That is kind of my thinking right now. I would LOVE a theme park view but I stay home with our girls and it probably isn't in the budget right now. I would rather spend money on bibbidi bobbidi boutique again (girls loved it) and nice dinners. I do like the convenience of the monorail though as we stayed POLY just last month and the monorail was great!!! I would go back there but have always wanted to stay at the CR and like switching things up!
Old 04-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #777
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katepass72 View Post
We have also stayed Garden Wing a few times - longer walk than the tower, but I agree with the other poster. It's very quiet and doesn't feel crowded at all. If you're able to request a ground floor room, I would absolutely do so. The higher floors in the Garden Wing don't have balconies, although you can open the sliding "doors". The patios are really nice to have.
thanks. How long to walk to the monorail?? longer than say the POLY to the TTC??
Old 04-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #778
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katepass72 View Post
I see you have stayed contemporary a few times....which did you prefer garden wing or tower??
Old 04-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #779
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You could always book a GW room now since those rooms seem to book up fast and if a good discount comes out, possibly switch to TPV at that time. But if a discount doesn't come out or it's still more than you want to spend, at least you've got the GW room .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #780
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You could always book a GW room now since those rooms seem to book up fast and if a good discount comes out, possibly switch to TPV at that time. But if a discount doesn't come out or it's still more than you want to spend, at least you've got the GW room .
That's a great idea!!! I think we will do that!!

When are you booking for your Dec stay? I have to wait for 2014 rates to come out first or maybe I will call and book it!

Do garden wings sell out faster than theme park views?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: