Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #751
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
Trying to decide if I should do online check in. Have never done it at other resorts but we are arriving around 9:00PM and wondering if it will help us get our room requests. Any thoughts or experiences??
It won't hurt to do it, just make sure that if you have any requests that you call and add them to your reservation. OCI limits what you can request from a pre-set list, but doesn't override any requests in your reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
Yesterday I booked our first CR stay in August. We are doing a split with POFQ. We cannot wait to enjoy 14 days at Disney!!!!!
Quote:
Thanks everyone!! I will be finishing my Registered Nursing program next month so I am celebrating with the Mouse.
Congratulations on booking and enjoy your RN celebration! Nurses are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am thinking of booking a garden wing room for our next stay here and have a few questions.

1. Is it really far from the monorail from this section?
2. What room request should I put in when booking?

I loved the poly but want to try something different this time!
Welcome! The additional walking time to the monorail from the GW is about 5 minutes or less. There is a covered walkway that leads right to the Tower, then it's a quick elevator or escalator ride up to the 4th floor to reach the monorail escalator and elevator.

Your request will depend on what category you book. The GW has 3 Deluxe rooms and a one bedroom suite. It also has STD rooms that are identical to the STD Tower rooms, but with both Garden and STD views. None of the rooms have balconies, but ground floor rooms have patios.

Quote:
congratulations! As a nurse myself it is a great profession!
Thanks for being a nurse

Quote:
I always said I will only stay at CR if I book theme park view...so now that we are considering staying here our next trip I am wondering if it is worth it when we will be in the parks....anyone here definitely think it is worth it?!

I was actually considering garden wing but was talked out of it by a CM...not sure if I should or not. We have 10 months to save so just wondering what I should do...I want to call and reserve our room for next year so I can start paying it off little by little!
We personally prefer the Bay Lake View because there isn't a parking lot below and we love looking out at the lake and we end up seeing the MK everyday outside of our room. If you have small children, they may really appreciate seeing the MK from their room so it might be worth it for you and your family. But, if you book a club level room, you can see the MK, Seven Seas Lagoon, Wishes, Poly, GF, etc... from the lounge and lounge balconies so you could book a less expensive Bay Lake View (called a STD View).

As a cost compromise, have you considered going in between the TPV and the GW and booking a (Tower) BLV?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #752
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
That is great! 14 days WOW, you will have a great time! I just changed our reservation from POR to CR because of the summer discount. Our first time at CR. My DW and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary Aug 1 - Aug 8. I'm not telling her of the change, should be a great surprise when we get there!
Oh my - can you call my husband! So awesome! Have a great trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #753
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Hi there, I have a question.

I know that BLT check-in is at 4:00. I plan on doing online check-in and then actually checking in around noon (on a Tuesday in June, if that matters). I know that my room probably won't be ready, but do you think we'll have to wait much past 4:00? The reason I ask is because we're going to HDDR for the 6:15 show and I'd love to already be settled into the room.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #754
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post

I know that BLT check-in is at 4:00. I plan on doing online check-in and then actually checking in around noon (on a Tuesday in June, if that matters). I know that my room probably won't be ready, but do you think we'll have to wait much past 4:00? The reason I ask is because we're going to HDDR for the 6:15 show and I'd love to already be settled into the room.
In August, we checked-in at 1100 and our villa was ready at 1130. If you don't have many requests, that can help, though we requested a high/outer villa and our request was met. Also, when you check-in, if your room isn't ready and you'd like it immediately, you can always ask if there is a room available now, at least with a cash reservation. I'm confident your room will be ready with enough time to settle in and head over on the Blue Flag boat to HDDR
Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #755
funforfive
Mouseketeer

We check in tomorrow...I am surprising the rest of the family with an upgrade from POR to garden wing....hopefully they'll appreciate it, I would have loved to be in the tower, but I guess that will have to wait until I win the lottery

Can't wait
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #756
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
In August, we checked-in at 1100 and our villa was ready at 1130. If you don't have many requests, that can help, though we requested a high/outer villa and our request was met. Also, when you check-in, if your room isn't ready and you'd like it immediately, you can always ask if there is a room available now, at least with a cash reservation. I'm confident your room will be ready with enough time to settle in and head over on the Blue Flag boat to HDDR
I wish I could offer my experience from last week, but unfortunately I don't really know when my room was ready. While checking in at 11 am, I left my mobile number for them to text me a notification and went off to DTD. Six hours later, still no text. So we went back to BLT and they were surprised that I hadn't received a text since my room was indeed ready.

While waiting at DTD, I was hoping that the long wait meant that they were really trying to meet my request. In the end they did not. Perhaps it was ready early, but I'll never know.

Has anyone else not received the Your-room-is-ready notification?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #757
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sounds promising, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
I wish I could offer my experience from last week, but unfortunately I don't really know when my room was ready. While checking in at 11 am, I left my mobile number for them to text me a notification and went off to DTD. Six hours later, still no text. So we went back to BLT and they were surprised that I hadn't received a text since my room was indeed ready.

While waiting at DTD, I was hoping that the long wait meant that they were really trying to meet my request. In the end they did not. Perhaps it was ready early, but I'll never know.

Has anyone else not received the Your-room-is-ready notification?
That stinks. Especially, because as you said, you were hoping that the long wait meant that you were getting your requests fulfilled. Maybe they entered the wrong cell number when they texted you? My only request is not to be on a ground floor, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the room will be ready fairly quickly. I guess if my room isn't ready when I check-in initially, we'll drive back over there around 3:30 or so.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #758
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mickeynut1....are you in the tower when you go? Have you been before?
I haven't booked yet, but we are definitely staying in the tower. I am debating between a TPV room and a standard CL room. I would love a MKV CL room, but the rates for TPV and standard CL are high enough . We have never stayed at the CR as the theme/decor has never appealed to us, but after researching the resort, I'm excited to give it a try .

Quote:
Thank you! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the look on her face when she finds out we're staying at CR!
I'm sure it will be priceless .

Quote:
I always said I will only stay at CR if I book theme park view...so now that we are considering staying here our next trip I am wondering if it is worth it when we will be in the parks....anyone here definitely think it is worth it?!

I was actually considering garden wing but was talked out of it by a CM...not sure if I should or not. We have 10 months to save so just wondering what I should do...I want to call and reserve our room for next year so I can start paying it off little by little!
I agree with WDWKOOK that if you have little ones, it might be nice to have a TPV and be able to see fireworks from your room .

Quote:
Originally Posted by funforfive View Post
We check in tomorrow...I am surprising the rest of the family with an upgrade from POR to garden wing....hopefully they'll appreciate it, I would have loved to be in the tower, but I guess that will have to wait until I win the lottery

Can't wait
What a great surprise.....have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #759
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is great! 14 days WOW, you will have a great time! I just changed our reservation from POR to CR because of the summer discount. Our first time at CR. My DW and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary Aug 1 - Aug 8. I'm not telling her of the change, should be a great surprise when we get there!
DS doesn't know we are staying at CR, it's going to be a surprise...if I can keep my mouth shut Congrats on your anniversary!!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 04-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #760
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DS doesn't know we are staying at CR, it's going to be a surprise...if I can keep my mouth shut Congrats on your anniversary!!
Neither one of our kids know... *giggling* not sure how long we can keep the secret, but I'd love it if they didn't figure it out until we got to that Disney welcome sign. :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #761
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

I was going to surprise my DGD9 with out upcoming trip but broke down and told her. She truly loves the planning process as much as I do. I couldn't deprive her of it! Lol
Old 04-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #762
princessap
DIS Veteran

To those who have stayed Theme park view is it worth it?? I am torn between that and garden wing...my thinking is this
against splurging.....we aren't in the room a lot so is it worth the money??

for splurging... we are only doing a four night stay so is now the time to do it versus in 2 years when we do 10 nights and won't be able to afford it?!

I would only do either of these or return to the POLY again. Just wondering people's thoughts.

What are the best MK view rooms at the CR?? can you request specific rooms?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #763
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
To those who have stayed Theme park view is it worth it?? I am torn between that and garden wing...my thinking is this
against splurging.....we aren't in the room a lot so is it worth the money??

for splurging... we are only doing a four night stay so is now the time to do it versus in 2 years when we do 10 nights and won't be able to afford it?!

I would only do either of these or return to the POLY again. Just wondering people's thoughts.

What are the best MK view rooms at the CR?? can you request specific rooms?
We decided to splurge on space rather than the view. For the same price as a GV Poly room, we get like 200 more square feet!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #764
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
We decided to splurge on space rather than the view. For the same price as a GV Poly room, we get like 200 more square feet!
Where did you book??
Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #765
princessap
DIS Veteran

How do you book a deluxe room in the garden wing??
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: