Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #721
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Scales? On vacation? No dumb questions here and yes, I believe I once saw one in the women's locker room:
Thanks. And just for the record I'm starting a crazy diet the day I come back but I need to know how much I weigh the day before. That's why I need a scale lol. There's no way I could go to WDW and not have my Oreo covered Rice Krispies lol.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #722
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

The boat goes to WL, FW, Poly, and GF, correct??
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #723
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
The boat goes to WL, FW, Poly, and GF, correct??
Not from the CR for all those. The boat at the CR does the FW, WL, and CR loop. I've noticed they change order - not sure if that is Captain's choice or just time of day. There is a boat launch at MK that does the GF, Poly, MK loop, and direct boats to WL and FW each over the water bridge.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #724
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Booking deluxe room at the CR for 6 nights first week of August!! Email just sent to TA! Woohoo!! :-)

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #725
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefans View Post
Hi,
My family has a June reservation for a 1-BR villa at BLT, but I discovered this morning that for about the same price, we could stay in a CR Atrium Club standard view room.

I'm not sure which we should choose...It would definitely be a treat for us to be able to use the Atrium Club, but I'm not sure about giving up the extra space and washer-dryer at BLT! This is my family's (me, DH, DD11, DD8, DD3) first visit to WDW, so we'll spend a lot of time in the parks. We would probably just use the kitchen at BLT for quick breakfasts.

Thought I would ask all of you CR and BLT gurus out there if there's a clear advantage to staying in one or the other!
We haven't stayed at the CR (yet), but if it were me, I'd go with Atrium Club, but that's because we are a family of 4 and don't need the extra space. I also don't cook or do laundry on vacation so the kitchen and washer/dryer wouldn't get any use....LOL. But with a family of 5, I agree with the pp's that the extra space would be a plus. Good luck with your decision, but I think either one would be great .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
Need some help here! With the discount offered the cost to stay at the concierge level would be the same as TPV I already booked. Should I upgrade or stay where I am? I'm going with my wife, s17,d16, d2 and s1. This is our first time staying at Cr and really could use some advise. Thanks for your help in advance!
I would upgrade and try CL . We did this on our first stay at the WL back in 2004. We originally booked a standard view room (no discount) and decided to upgrade to CL after a promo came out that made the CL room the same price as the standard room without a discount. To this day, I don't regret that decision......we had an awesome CL stay and we remember it like it was yesterday .

Quote:
Booking deluxe room at the CR for 6 nights first week of August!! Email just sent to TA! Woohoo!! :-)
Congrats

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #726
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

Not from the CR for all those. The boat at the CR does the FW, WL, and CR loop. I've noticed they change order - not sure if that is Captain's choice or just time of day. There is a boat launch at MK that does the GF, Poly, MK loop, and direct boats to WL and FW each over the water bridge.
Ok, thanks! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #727
applefans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi,
My family has a June reservation for a 1-BR villa at BLT, but I discovered this morning that for about the same price, we could stay in a CR Atrium Club standard view room.

I'm not sure which we should choose...It would definitely be a treat for us to be able to use the Atrium Club, but I'm not sure about giving up the extra space and washer-dryer at BLT! This is my family's (me, DH, DD11, DD8, DD3) first visit to WDW, so we'll spend a lot of time in the parks. We would probably just use the kitchen at BLT for quick breakfasts.

Thought I would ask all of you CR and BLT gurus out there if there's a clear advantage to staying in one or the other!
Thanks for all the great advice! We are arriving early on check-in day, and our flight out leaves in the late afternoon...So I'm thinking it could be a plus to be able to go to the Atrium Club before our room is ready, and also have someplace to go in case the kids need some downtime before we leave for the airport.
We'll have a great time at either place, but what a tough decision!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #728
jessey35
Earning My Ears

Question Pack n play location?

We're staying in a studio in Sept. I have heard the idea of placing a pack n play in the alcove by the door. I was wondering though, had anyone ever attempted to put the pack n play in the kitchenette area? I believe the width of the pack n play is 28", it didn't seen to unreasonable to me that the kitchenette area might accommodate that, but I could be way off?! I also own a mini-size pack n play that is 22.8" wide that I could always bring instead. Doors anyone know the actual width of the kitchenette area ?
Thanks!

Oct 2014- Land/Sea - Parks , 10/1 Wonder Double dip!
May 2011- AKL Kidani
May 2010- CBR
March 2009- off-site
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #729
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I believe that ALL BLT guests can visit the 16th floor BLT Observation Deck until 4, then only DVC members/guests can visit the TOTWL from 5 - Midnight.

In addition to the pool bar, you can walk over to the Contempo Cafe for drink refills. Let us know if you have any other questions
Thank you so much!!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #730
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Hi,

We're only a family of 3 and we don't use the kitchen, but having two bathrooms and your own master bedroom with jacuzzi makes the vacation so much more relaxing and enjoyable in a one bedroom at BLT. Even the washer/dryer is a big time saver and having two balconies and a king bed is great, too. For your family size, I definitely recommend the villa Vs. CL. In fact, I would have booked a one bedroom again, but it's sold-out with our discount, so I booked Atrium BLV, which is our favorite view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
Need some help here! With the discount offered the cost to stay at the concierge level would be the same as TPV I already booked. Should I upgrade or stay where I am? I'm going with my wife, s17,d16, d2 and s1. This is our first time staying at Cr and really could use some advise. Thanks for your help in advance!
I would book CL with a BLV over TPV and no CL - that's a no brainier to me!

Quote:
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Ha that could be right, in Wreck it Ralph, at the beginning when Ralph rides back to Game Central Station from the PacMan game. You can hear the voice say "PacManorail now arriving at Game Central Station"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessey35 View Post
We're staying in a studio in Sept. I have heard the idea of placing a pack n play in the alcove by the door. I was wondering though, had anyone ever attempted to put the pack n play in the kitchenette area? I believe the width of the pack n play is 28", it didn't seen to unreasonable to me that the kitchenette area might accommodate that, but I could be way off?! I also own a mini-size pack n play that is 22.8" wide that I could always bring instead. Doors anyone know the actual width of the kitchenette area ?
Thanks!
I don't have an answer, but hopefully someone else will. I can tell you that the Studios are actually smaller than a STD CR room, so it will be a tight fit, I would think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
Thank you so much!!
You're welcome, NeverlandClub!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #731
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessey35 View Post
Thanks!
I don't remember the size of the space, but I can't imagine WDW would have built those smaller than 32 inches door way.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #732
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Trying to decide if I should do online check in. Have never done it at other resorts but we are arriving around 9:00PM and wondering if it will help us get our room requests. Any thoughts or experiences??
Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #733
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Patio or upper floor with no balcony? (Deluxe room so there aren't really any other requests I could make.) Anyone know what the view's like from the second or third floor? Or would you go for the patio?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #734
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi,

I would also do the 1br for sure! The older DDs can watch tv on the couch while you and the baby go to bed. And two bathrooms? Priceless. We aren't much for eating "in" on vacation but it was great for breakfast and snacks. One night we also had dinner in too which was a relaxing break. You can get very tired, very quickly. So nice to have the space to unwind and the set up is great for your family.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #735
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Looks like we will be seeing Ironman flying through the Contemporary once again this year My son loved the Avengers wrap, so im sure he will be excited to see this one in 2 weeks.

That looks cool. If I remember correctly, that has to be on the MK loop and therefore go through the CR, right? I think it can't be on the Epcot loop since that goes through the park, and Disney can't have a "ride" with Marvel branding in a park in Orlando because of the Universal contract. Sorry for being
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: