Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #691
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
i just read that the CR doesnt have balconies. is that only in the garden wing??
Yes, the garden wing rooms don't have balconies.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #692
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Has anyone stayed in one of the deluxe rooms in the garden wing? Anyone know how many of these exist? On all floors?
There are 3 Deluxe rooms. The first page has more information and a link to photos and a video. The link is posted in my answer below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
Just moved a reservation in July to the ole CR. It will be my kids first stay here...I haven't stayed here since the 80s. I'm looking forward to catching up with all things Contemporary.
A lot has changed since the 80s - mercifully! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and your kids will love it! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
COOL!!! Errr....um....Pool!!!

Quote:
Thinking of staying here next February instead of the Poly...have looked for garden view rooms for this year to price it out and they are so hard to find....any tips on booking for next year for CR garden wing??

what is the difference between the tower and the garden wing?

thanks in advance
As Mickeynut1 said, the GW does tend to sell out faster than the Tower since the rooms are less expensive. One big difference though is that none of the GW rooms have balconies, whereas all of the Tower rooms do. However, the GW does have the laundry and the Tower does not. Otherwise, the rooms are identical, though views vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky dinky doo View Post
Six sleeps till I'm in my happy place, and I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yippee!! Will you be able to report live to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
We're staying at BLT for the first time this September and I just have two questions (sorry if they've been asked before, I've tried searching).

I see that the Top of the World lounge doesn't open until 5 p.m. Does that include the observation area? My husband was interested in going up there in the mornings to enjoy his cup of coffee and the view while I finish getting ready, but it doesn't look like that will be possible.

Is the only place to refill refillable mugs at BLT still the Pool bar? It would be nice to have a refill station in the gift shop like at Kidani.

Thanks for your help!
I believe that ALL BLT guests can visit the 16th floor BLT Observation Deck until 4, then only DVC members/guests can visit the TOTWL from 5 - Midnight.

In addition to the pool bar, you can walk over to the Contempo Cafe for drink refills. Let us know if you have any other questions

Quote:

Is there a map somewhere that has the locations of things like the deluxe garden wing rooms, etc?
The first page has Deluxe room information. There is a Deluxe Room hyperlink in Post 1 in the table of contents. Within that link is another link that has photos, video and more room location information: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...art_two_1.html

Quote:
I found it! Laundry is on the second floor in the garden wing. Hmmm...that might be a bit of a pain if we were in the tower?
I've done it many times without a problem. When you walk into the GW from the Tower's covered walkway the elevator and stairs are right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
Sorry...we are staying in the Tower, TPV. I was just looking at the pics and there's a pic of a sleeper sofa next to the sliding glass doors. I remember it being there when we stayed in 2010 also, but we never used it for sleeping.
Actually, that is a daybed. When it's unfolded it's about the size of a twin mattress. I only have a photo of the Poly daybed unfolded, but it's the same as the the CR daybed:

Tripadvisor

Quote:
i just read that the CR doesnt have balconies. is that only in the garden wing??
Yes, this is only the GW. All Tower rooms have a balcony.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #693
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
Has anyone ever slept on that sleeper sofa? I assumed that DS 11 would sleep with me and DD9 would sleep with my mom. But now both kids are saying they don't want to sleep with Grammy! Haha! It's ok...she understands...she snores terribly! Anyway, I'm thinking now that DS could sleep on that sofa...will mouse keeping bring sheets or make it up? Thanks.
It's very comfy. My daughter slept on it on our last trip but, I am 5' 7" and I would have been fine on it.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 04-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #694
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly

Sorry...we are staying in the Tower, TPV. I was just looking at the pics and there's a pic of a sleeper sofa next to the sliding glass doors. I remember it being there when we stayed in 2010 also, but we never used it for sleeping.
My kids have slept on that sofa. It was already made up when we opened it up. It's a day bed so it's more comfortable than a fold out sofa bed, and it's standard twin size.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 04-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #695
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
It's very comfy.
Glad to hear it's comfortable. My youngest DS loved the daybed at the Poly, but hated the one at the GF. I'm hoping he likes the one at the CR .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #696
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I believe that ALL BLT guests can visit the 16th floor BLT Observation Deck until 4, then only DVC members/guests can visit the TOTWL from 5 - Midnight.

Hey KOOK, not sure about this ..... I don't believe you can get up there prior to 5PM (unless of course ur staying in a GRAND VILLA.....then you can sneak out there anytime you want)! You can only get up to that floor via the elevator that's accessed by a special CM card, I believe?

Did you read that somewhere? Cuz IF IT IS true.....I'd be thrilled!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been hooked ever since!

2014 TRIPS: March BLT 1 BDRM TPV, Nov BLT 2 BDRM
NEXT TRIP: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #697
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I found it! Laundry is on the second floor in the garden wing. Hmmm...that might be a bit of a pain if we were in the tower?

This I have to agree with!! Oh how I wish they had laundry in the Tower. What a PAIN to lug ur laundry over to the Wing. This the ONLY downfall of staying in the Tower.

I actually looked up how much it would cost to send it out. Ummmm.....around $200 we figured. No thanks!!

Old 04-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #698
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Hey KOOK, not sure about this ..... I don't believe you can get up there prior to 5PM (unless of course ur staying in a GRAND VILLA.....then you can sneak out there anytime you want)! You can only get up to that floor via the elevator that's accessed by a special CM card, I believe?

Did you read that somewhere?
Cuz IF IT IS true.....I'd be thrilled!!
Yes, but I'm almost embarrassed to reveal my source, Wikipedia (hangs head in shame). I also found a YouTube video of the Observation Deck that the poster claimed was taking during the daytime.
Quote:
This I have to agree with!! Oh how I wish they had laundry in the Tower. What a PAIN to lug ur laundry over to the Wing. This the ONLY downfall of staying in the Tower.

I actually looked up how much it would cost to send it out. Ummmm.....around $200 we figured. No thanks!!
Easy solution - book a BLT one bedroom or bigger
Old 04-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #699
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, but I'm almost embarrassed to reveal my source, Wikipedia (hangs head in shame). I also found a YouTube video of the Observation Deck that the poster claimed was taking during the daytime.
Yeah, I remember reading a while back about someone enjoying their morning coffee up on the Observation deck but I thought they were staying in a GV. Hopefully someone will chime in soon and solve the mystery lol!!
Quote:
Easy solution - book a BLT one bedroom or bigger
So true......but none were available ....but we'll "suck it up" this trip in honor of our beloved CR!

Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #700
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

PS: KOOK...... Thank you for taking SOOOO much time to monitor this Thread!! You are a wealth of information......not to mention you have impeccable taste in resorts!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #701
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PS: KOOK...... Thank you for taking SOOOO much time to monitor this Thread!! You are a wealth of information......not to mention you have impeccable taste in resorts!

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #702
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Yessireeee!!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #703
inky dinky doo
I've got the best cure for the blues. Schedule another trip to Walt Disney World, now!
The only problem with losing weight is that I'm beginning to look like a rapper

Quote:
Yippee!! Will you be able to report live to us?
I'll have an iPad and laptop, so I'm gonna try. A few days will be spent at a conference, but I'm also doing the Disney Food Blog's Snack Attack at Epcot, Monday evening, and a few days of Disney, solo. Should be fun!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #704
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So I just showed DH pics and he loves the deluxe rooms. Now I just wish we could stay longer! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #705
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Is the quickest way to get to the MK going o be walking? Or the monorail around the loop? Or the monorail to TTC and switch to MK express monorail? How is the walk compared to the walk from BC to Epcot? Because in the heat, it really sucked... :-/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: