Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #661
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Parking lot??? What parking lot??

We LOVE TPV, LOVE watching the Castle turn colors all night from our bed.....ahhhh

Isn't it just wonderful that there's a view for everyone!
That's exactly what I keep thinking about.......watching the castle change colors from bed .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #662
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I can't tell you HOW many times we have done that!! We have booked half a trip at one Resort then the other half at the CR.....only to find that after one night at another Resort we call the CR and BEG them to take us sooner!

We FINALLY learned (FOR US)....there's no place like the CR/BLT!!!
I love that you've done the same thing! But you call? Twice, I've hopped on the monorail, once from Poly and once from YC. Then I go down to the lobby, ask to speak to a manager, explain my 'problem', then she comes back with a piece of paper with my new reservation number and room number and I am all smiles. I can't pack fast enough to get right back to the CR. I think one time I packed all of our stuff up in 15 minutes, loaded the car, and we were at the CR in about 30 minutes. You would think I've learned my lesson, but I still get flummoxed with resort booking.

So do you only book CR/BLT now?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #663
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I love that you've done the same thing! But you call? Twice, I've hopped on the monorail, once from Poly and once from YC. Then I go down to the lobby, ask to speak to a manager, explain my 'problem', then she comes back with a piece of paper with my new reservation number and room number and I am all smiles. I can't pack fast enough to get right back to the CR. I think one time I packed all of our stuff up in 15 minutes, loaded the car, and we were at the CR in about 30 minutes. You would think I've learned my lesson, but I still get flummoxed with resort booking.

Lol. I am trying to decide between tower bay lake view at CR or a garden view room at the Poly...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #664
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

THAT IS SOOOO FUNNY!!!

Hmmmmm....I've called, gone to front desk of current resort, or have gone over to the CR in person (jeez, now you have me thinking....THREE TIMES WE'VE DONE THIS....how terrible)!!! The first time was at the Poly. Was looking forward to the TPView that we paid for. Sadly our view had an overgrown tree in the way . When we went around the sides of the tree we were heartbroken to see that the Castle seemed so far away . The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, just too far away from the Magic for us I guess. When they couldn't give us another room (with perhaps no tree blocking the view), we asked if they could please see if the CR had room to take us 4 days early......and so we moved.

We did it two more times (Coronado Springs and AKL). Don't know why we didn't learn our lesson THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME!! Grrrr! Lol!!

We don't "feel the magic" unless we're at the CR/BLT. We have points at OKW, and although its a wonderful resort, we just feel like we're "missing something" when we're staying there as well

And so we have FINALLY learned our lesson!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 03-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #665
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
That's exactly what I keep thinking about.......watching the castle change colors from bed .
There is absolutely NOTHING like it!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #666
jlcd
DIS Veteran

How is the coffee at Contemporary Grounds? Hoping better than the stuff you get in the refillable mugs?!? Looking forward to our first CR stay I'm less than 2 weeks!!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #667
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
How is the coffee at Contemporary Grounds? Hoping better than the stuff you get in the refillable mugs?!? Looking forward to our first CR stay I'm less than 2 weeks!!
Their premium drinks (hot/iced lattes, cappuccino, etc.) are really good. Their regular iced coffee was very good as well. The one thing we didn't try was the regular hot drip coffee.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #668
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is absolutely NOTHING like it!
The pics I've seen look amazing . I really want to try CL as well as have a castle view from my balcony/bed (not too picky, huh?? ), so I decided to look at MKV CL. We aren't going until December, so no discounts (if any) will be out for awhile, but without a decent discount, $800/night for a lounge and view from my room is a little steep . Do you know if discounts are usually offered for MKV CL rooms? I have seen discounts for TPV and standard CL, but haven't really paid much attention to MKV CL rooms with discounts .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #669
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

New DVC benefits:

Complimentary D23 Membership
DVC members will have access to a special level of the D23 fan club. They will receive the weekly D23 FanFare email newsletter and a D23 Membership Number giving them access to web content, to purchase exclusive D23 Member merchandise and select discounts. DVC Membership level does not include D23 Membership Card or Certificate, Annual Membership Gift, access to D23 events or a subscription to Disney twenty-three printed magazine. Register your email address at DVCMember.com to receive information about how to join.
From the DIS

HAPPY EASTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Lol. I am trying to decide between tower bay lake view at CR or a garden view room at the Poly...
You're preaching to the choir here, but I would book CR Tower. I've stayed at both the Poly and CR. These are the main advantages to me in booking CR over Poly:

Everything is under one roof at CR.

Every room has a balcony.

Every room has an unobstructed and higher (more commanding) view.

Every room has two sinks. (The Poly rooms are being rehabbed now and will all eventually have two sinks, I believe).

You can walk to the MK.

You can take the Blue Flag boat directly to WL and FW instead of having to boat to MK and transfer.

There is more water recreation at CR (Sammy Duval's).

CR has its own health club - Poly guests have to go over to the GF.

Chef Mickey's offers a character dinner - Poly only has a character breakfast.

The pool seating area at CR is larger.

CR has two hot tubs - Poly has none.

CR buses are the first picked-up and dropped off.

All rooms at CR just received a soft goods rehab which was completed 3/22.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but those are the main differences. I am not opposed to booking the Poly and I'm not suggesting that the Poly doesn't have its own unique and positive features, but if given the choice between Poly GV and a CR Tower room, I would book the Tower.

Let us know what you decide

Quote:
THAT IS SOOOO FUNNY!!!

Hmmmmm....I've called, gone to front desk of current resort, or have gone over to the CR in person (jeez, now you have me thinking....THREE TIMES WE'VE DONE THIS....how terrible)!!! The first time was at the Poly. Was looking forward to the TPView that we paid for. Sadly our view had an overgrown tree in the way . When we went around the sides of the tree we were heartbroken to see that the Castle seemed so far away . The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, just too far away from the Magic for us I guess. When they couldn't give us another room (with perhaps no tree blocking the view), we asked if they could please see if the CR had room to take us 4 days early......and so we moved.

We did it two more times (Coronado Springs and AKL). Don't know why we didn't learn our lesson THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME!! Grrrr! Lol!!

We don't "feel the magic" unless we're at the CR/BLT. We have points at OKW, and although its a wonderful resort, we just feel like we're "missing something" when we're staying there as well

And so we have FINALLY learned our lesson!!
Glad you've found your 'home'. It's always great to try new resorts and it's also great that Disney is so understanding and flexible about changes
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #670
WDWKOOK

Quote:
The pics I've seen look amazing . I really want to try CL as well as have a castle view from my balcony/bed (not too picky, huh?? ), so I decided to look at MKV CL. We aren't going until December, so no discounts (if any) will be out for awhile, but without a decent discount, $800/night for a lounge and view from my room is a little steep . Do you know if discounts are usually offered for MKV CL rooms? I have seen discounts for TPV and standard CL, but haven't really paid much attention to MKV CL rooms with discounts .
TPV (Theme Park View) was formerly know as MKV (Magic Kingdom View) so as far as WDW booking is concerned, they are one and the same now.

When discounts are offered, MKV/TPV CL are included (as well as BLV/Standard CL). I would never book without a discount, unless I needed to secure the room now because I was going at a peak time and knew I was applying a discount later. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #671
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
TPV (Theme Park View) was formerly know as MKV (Magic Kingdom View) so as far as WDW booking is concerned, they are one and the same now.

When discounts are offered, MKV/TPV CL are included (as well as BLV/Standard CL). I would never book without a discount, unless I needed to secure the room now because I was going at a peak time and knew I was applying a discount later. Good luck and keep us posted!
Thanks, KOOK . It's good to know standard CL isn't the only CL offered under discounts. If a decent discount comes out and MKV CL is available, I will seriously consider it; otherwise, I think I'd be happy with a regular TPV or BLV CL .

Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #672
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, KOOK . It's good to know standard CL isn't the only CL offered under discounts. If a decent discount comes out and MKV CL is available, I will seriously consider it; otherwise, I think I'd be happy with a regular TPV or BLV CL .
I think the ONLY times we have stayed CL would have been because of a discount. . We actually considered staying during our upcoming visit. BUT, probably the main reason we aren't is because it is way too easy to swing by the CL lounge and grab a snack or two or three (or even "let's bring a couple extra brownies back to the room" lol). Of course if you're paying for CL then you SHOULD take advantage of all that there is to offer! But we eat enough of the bad foods throughout the day that we don't need ANY extra help lol! It's just too easy NOT to avoid all the goodies!!

One time we were upgraded to the 14th floor for one night ( our reservations were for the 12th floor CL)!! It was a one bedroom suite!!!! It was incredible!!! Tough to go into a single room when you just had the equivalent to 3 rooms!!

Anyway, it's fun staying CL if just to check it out once. Its exciting to have to slide your room key into the slot (only used for CL floor guests) in the elevators too! .
I hope you can get a discount!!! Best wishes!!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #673
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Has anyone stayed in one of the deluxe rooms in the garden wing? Anyone know how many of these exist? On all floors?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #674
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Just moved a reservation in July to the ole CR. It will be my kids first stay here...I haven't stayed here since the 80s. I'm looking forward to catching up with all things Contemporary.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #675
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
Just moved a reservation in July to the ole CR. It will be my kids first stay here...I haven't stayed here since the 80s. I'm looking forward to catching up with all things Contemporary.
COOL!!! Errr....um....Pool!!!

Can't wait to hear what you think!!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: