Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #646
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU25 View Post
We thought about BOG but figured we would try and get reservations there once the girls are older, probably in a trip or two. How hard is it to get an ADR 180 days out for Cinderella's castle? Also, do you recommend breakfast lunch or dinner there? I've heard breakfast is the best because you can get a picture in front of the castle without anyone else in the pictures.
CRT and Le Cellier used to be the hard ones, and now they aren't as difficult to get, but BoG fills-up pretty much at 180 days. I agree with Danielle on breakfast since you can take some pre-park opening photos and your DDs will be refreshed in the morning (and so will the CMs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
Hi all, I've been lurking on this thread for some time and thought I'd jump in with some questions now that my trip is only 2.5 months away!

1. We'll be staying at BLT 1 BR (it's actually a split-stay, we'll be at the Swan the first part of the trip). We're staying in a standard view. I have rented points from an owner and my remaining 25% will be due to her in a couple of weeks. I was thinking about asking her at that time to add a request for me, but the only thing I can really think of is to be on an upper floor (NOT the ground floor -- I have read that there aren't sheer curtains and you're either exposed to everyone or completely closed in for privacy). Just out of curiosity, what is the highest floor for a standard view 1 BR? The 4th?

2. We may possibly rent the sea raycers from Sammy Duvall one day. Is it possible to do a walk-up or are you mainly out of luck without a reservation?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for the informative thread!

I believe that STD View one bedrooms in the North/Outer side go up to the 5th floor.

Reservations are not accepted for Sea Raycers. We rent them every visit, primarily at WL and CR and we've never had to wait for them. If you have APs or are DVC members, don't forget to ask for your discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi313 View Post
We will be staying at Cont in August and after getting the Visa discount I am so excited! But here's my question has the mugs changed yet? We stayed at BC twice last year and we use our mugs so I always buy but now I have 8 with the beach scene and that is plenty. Does Cont always use the same one as the other resorts? Years ago, probably around 20, Cont always had Cont mugs which I still have and love!

Let me add I didn't put this on other boards because I didn't want it to end up a debate cause someone said this blah blah blah. I'm just saying I love to buy mugs during our trips and was hoping either they have their own mugs or the resort mugs have changed from beach scene.

No debates here - feel free to ask anything - no question is stupid and we won't judge! Unfortunately, resort specific mugs were discontinued years ago. Here is a photo of the current mug which is available at all resorts, with varying lid/handle colors at about $15.49:
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #647
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Congratulations, Leslie. There is never a charge for placing a request into your reservation. The easiest way to do this is to do it through the WDTC or through your TA, (if you aren't book Club Level). It's best to make sure your request is in your reservation at least 3-5 days prior to arrival, as this is the period when your reservation is dropped into the resort's system and the room assignor will see it.

If you booked a STD GW room then the only request you could really add would be a floor request. The ground floor has a patio and the other floors do not have a balcony, but some prefer to be higher so as to be further up from the parking lot and up closer to the monorail.

High floor, South Side, Outer Villa was our request and we were very happy with this. You can go out onto two balconies and watch the EWP at 10:05 or you can watch it from the floor to ceiling living room window.

As you know, you can't walk to the MK from GF, but you will be able to from CR/BLT which is very convenient. The parking is also more convenient since it's in front of the resort and not across the street. I would recommend the Wave for breakfast. They have a wonderful buffet and they aren't ever very crowded at breakfast. Also, behind the pool there are lawn chairs in the sand and that's a wonderful place to sit and relax next to Bay Lake. If you have kids, you might want to use the Community Center where there are free activities and computers.
Thank you so much for the info! I was wondering if you would be able to answer a few more questions for me? The st gw rooms aren't in the main building correct? So how do you get to the monorail from them? Lastly we have 3 young childreb who will be 8,5,& 8 months at the time which floor would you recommend? We will be bringing our own buggy. Thanks so much! :-)

Leslie
2011 WDW Royal Plaza
2007 Sarasota, FL
2005 Celebrity Century Cruise
Me DH DD 9 DS 6 DD 1,
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #648
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
I have never had an issue renting Sea Racers as walk up. In fact I've never even waited behind more than one or two people.

Now water skiing, and parasailing, they need to be reserved in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I believe that STD View one bedrooms in the North/Outer side go up to the 5th floor.

Reservations are not accepted for Sea Raycers. We rent them every visit, primarily at WL and CR and we've never had to wait for them. If you have APs or are DVC members, don't forget to ask for your discount.
Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #649
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU25 View Post

A few reasons, #1 being they have an amazing french toast bread pudding ( We've never ate at any other breakfast buffets so I don't know if this is at any other ones)...also character interaction is great! We've always requested to sit in the side room and never have had a problem. Its a small room with maybe 4-5 tables and the character spend an amazing amount of time at each table. Also, they are dressed up in Safari themed outfits.
You mean surf/beach outfits, right? :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #650
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazor460 View Post
Thank you so much for the info! I was wondering if you would be able to answer a few more questions for me? The st gw rooms aren't in the main building correct? So how do you get to the monorail from them? Lastly we have 3 young childreb who will be 8,5,& 8 months at the time which floor would you recommend? We will be bringing our own buggy. Thanks so much! :-)

Leslie
It's a very short walk from the garden wing to the tower (main building), and then you can take an elevator right up to the monorail. Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #651
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great minds... And, BLV is less than TPV and CL BLV isn't too much more than TPV non-CL
Thanks, KOOK....I'm getting more excited to try the CR as time goes by .

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I took KOOK's advice and stayed CL BLV in December and it was truly the "best of both worlds" I HIGHLY recommend it!
Thanks . I thought I was set on just a TPV, but I would like to try another resort's CL, so CL BLV is in the running now .

Quote:

I love BLV also because there isn't a parking lot below so it gives the illusion that you're more secluded and away from other resorts. Oh, and I love all the birds flying around Discovery Island.
I never thought of a BLV being a "non parking lot" view...another good point .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #652
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thanks, KOOK....I'm getting more excited to try the CR as time goes by .

Thanks . I thought I was set on just a TPV, but I would like to try another resort's CL, so CL BLV is in the running now .

I never thought of a BLV being a "non parking lot" view...another good point .
The non-parking lot view is the first thing Bob noticed when I was showing him pictures of CR, we are at an impass I like TPV his vote goes for BLV I guess BLV CL would be a good compromise

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #653
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
The non-parking lot view is the first thing Bob noticed when I was showing him pictures of CR, we are at an impass I like TPV his vote goes for BLV I guess BLV CL would be a good compromise
I agree.....that is a good compromise . I always said we'd stay in the tower with a TPV if we ever stayed at the CR, but overlooking the parking lot has always bothered me (which is part of the reason I never took the plunge and booked there).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #654
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
I agree.....that is a good compromise . I always said we'd stay in the tower with a TPV if we ever stayed at the CR, but overlooking the parking lot has always bothered me (which is part of the reason I never took the plunge and booked there).
I have said the exact same thing about staying at CR, I have booked it but always ended up switching to someplace else

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #655
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
It is a great compromise and you'll see the beautiful Seven Seas Lagoon, Castle, MK, GF, etc... every time you're in the lounge and look-out at Bay Lake, Discovery Island, Epcot/WL way over to the right and the marina/pool from your room/balcony. And, you can watch the EWP every night at 10:10

Quote:
I think you made a great decision to book BLV/CL!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #656
WDWKOOK

Quote:
I have said the exact same thing about staying at CR, I have booked it but always ended up switching to someplace else
Ironically, I end-up switching TO CR. Twice I've changed to CR mid-trip
Old 03-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #657
sjs314

Quote:
It is a great compromise and you'll see the beautiful Seven Seas Lagoon, Castle, MK, GF, etc... every time you're in the lounge and look-out at Bay Lake, Discovery Island, Epcot/WL way over to the right and the marina/pool from your room/balcony. And, you can watch the EWP every night at 10:10

Kook SOLD! Next trip this trip is the Poly! I might never get Bob to agree on the Poly again

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #658
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's too funny.....I have tried to book it, but could never do it . When my DH suggested we try the CR, I wasn't thrilled with the idea, but then I started looking into it and now think it will be fun to try .

Quote:
I think you're right .

Quote:

Old 03-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #659
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Parking lot??? What parking lot??

We LOVE TPV, LOVE watching the Castle turn colors all night from our bed.....ahhhh

Isn't it just wonderful that there's a view for everyone!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 03-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #660
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't tell you HOW many times we have done that!! We have booked half a trip at one Resort then the other half at the CR.....only to find that after one night at another Resort we call the CR and BEG them to take us sooner!

We FINALLY learned (FOR US)....there's no place like the CR/BLT!!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: