Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #631
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

here another site
http://www.disneycontemporary.com/blog

Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #632
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
This bus depot rehab or whatever it is, it won't impede me from walking to MK will it? I really can't figure out what's going on with the plans that are posted.
you can still walk to the MK - there are other exits.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #633
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post

Kristin's CR rehab blog entry is from January and doesn't have photos, but I do use her CR rehab/construction updates on the first page/Post 1
Old 03-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #634
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi KOOK

Thanks for the link . I've been trying to keep up with the Poly refurb that I wasn't aware anything was going on at the CR. Unless something drastic changes for our December trip, we are definitely giving the CR a try . The only thing I'm still trying to decide is whether or not to try CL or just stick with TPV .
You could do what we're doing - Atrium Club Bay Lake View (our favorite view) and then you can see Wishes and enjoy the MKV from the lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicKingdom4Ever View Post
Hi!
I had no idea the rooms were being refurbished... any idea when they will all be finished? (sorry if the answer was already posted)
Welcome! They were completed around 3/22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU25 View Post
So far we have:
Garden Grill
Cape May Café ( my DH favorite breakfast buffet)
Hollywood and Vine ( My DS favorite characters)
Princess Breakfast
Cinderella Castle ( breakfast / lunch or dinner whatever we can get)

I haven't figured out our exact ADR date yet, I think sometime in August. We will probably add 3-4 more as we get closer to our 180day window. I hate to admit it but one of my favorite places is The Plaza in MK - the cheesesteak is to die for haha
I guess I assumed you'd be doing BOG because it seems everyone else is! That is one very hard ADR to get, unless you like a nice, big meal at 9:15

I think I've eaten just about everywhere, but seem to always forget about The Plaza. I really need to squeeze that one in and besides, I love ice cream. Do you have some favorite desserts there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
I will definitely post photos! I can't wait to see the new decor! And I found the Facebook page by doing a search. I should have done that first! Thanks!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #635
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You could do what we're doing - Atrium Club Bay Lake View (our favorite view) and then you can see Wishes and enjoy the MKV from the lounge
You are the second person to suggest this to me. A friend of mine who has stayed at the CR for many years suggested this same thing. As great as it would be to see Wishes from our room, I think your idea is the best of both worlds......we'd not only have a great view of Wishes, but we'd also get to try another CL....thanks for the suggestion .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #636
WDWKOOK

Quote:
You are the second person to suggest this to me. A friend of mine who has stayed at the CR for many years suggested this same thing. As great as it would be to see Wishes from our room, I think your idea is the best of both worlds......we'd not only have a great view of Wishes, but we'd also get to try another CL....thanks for the suggestion .
Great minds... And, BLV is less than TPV and CL BLV isn't too much more than TPV non-CL
Old 03-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #637
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Great minds... And, BLV is less than TPV and CL BLV isn't too much more than TPV non-CL
I took KOOK's advice and stayed CL BLV in December and it was truly the "best of both worlds" I HIGHLY recommend it!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #638
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I took KOOK's advice and stayed CL BLV in December and it was truly the "best of both worlds" I HIGHLY recommend it!

I love BLV also because there isn't a parking lot below so it gives the illusion that you're more secluded and away from other resorts. Oh, and I love all the birds flying around Discovery Island.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #639
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU25 View Post

So far we have:
Garden Grill
Cape May Café ( my DH favorite breakfast buffet)
Hollywood and Vine ( My DS favorite characters)
Princess Breakfast
Cinderella Castle ( breakfast / lunch or dinner whatever we can get)

I haven't figured out our exact ADR date yet, I think sometime in August. We will probably add 3-4 more as we get closer to our 180day window. I hate to admit it but one of my favorite places is The Plaza in MK - the cheesesteak is to die for haha
Just curious...why is Cape May your DH's favorite breakfast buffet? Any different food offerings? How's the character interaction? I'm so tired of Chef Mickey's but the kids love it so I can't bring myself to get rid of it....
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #640
LSU25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Just curious...why is Cape May your DH's favorite breakfast buffet? Any different food offerings? How's the character interaction? I'm so tired of Chef Mickey's but the kids love it so I can't bring myself to get rid of it....
A few reasons, #1 being they have an amazing french toast bread pudding ( We've never ate at any other breakfast buffets so I don't know if this is at any other ones)...also character interaction is great! We've always requested to sit in the side room and never have had a problem. Its a small room with maybe 4-5 tables and the character spend an amazing amount of time at each table. Also, they are dressed up in Safari themed outfits.

Jan.2nd - Jan.9th 2012- Offsite
Sept. 27th - Oct.7th 2012-Offsite
Jan. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Oct. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Feb. 2015- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Old 03-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #641
LSU25
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I guess I assumed you'd be doing BOG because it seems everyone else is! That is one very hard ADR to get, unless you like a nice, big meal at 9:15

I think I've eaten just about everywhere, but seem to always forget about The Plaza. I really need to squeeze that one in and besides, I love ice cream. Do you have some favorite desserts there?

We thought about BOG but figured we would try and get reservations there once the girls are older, probably in a trip or two. How hard is it to get an ADR 180 days out for Cinderella's castle? Also, do you recommend breakfast lunch or dinner there? I've heard breakfast is the best because you can get a picture in front of the castle without anyone else in the pictures.

Jan.2nd - Jan.9th 2012- Offsite
Sept. 27th - Oct.7th 2012-Offsite
Jan. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Oct. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Feb. 2015- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Old 03-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #642
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU25

We thought about BOG but figured we would try and get reservations there once the girls are older, probably in a trip or two. How hard is it to get an ADR 180 days out for Cinderella's castle? Also, do you recommend breakfast lunch or dinner there? I've heard breakfast is the best because you can get a picture in front of the castle without anyone else in the pictures.
If you can get a pre-park opening reservation, then you can take photos in an empty park in front of the castle. Plus the food is decent. Eggs, French toast, etc. don't forget that you can always ask for more of everything when you're there. I wish I knew that when we ate there!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #643
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Hi all, I've been lurking on this thread for some time and thought I'd jump in with some questions now that my trip is only 2.5 months away!

1. We'll be staying at BLT 1 BR (it's actually a split-stay, we'll be at the Swan the first part of the trip). We're staying in a standard view. I have rented points from an owner and my remaining 25% will be due to her in a couple of weeks. I was thinking about asking her at that time to add a request for me, but the only thing I can really think of is to be on an upper floor (NOT the ground floor -- I have read that there aren't sheer curtains and you're either exposed to everyone or completely closed in for privacy). Just out of curiosity, what is the highest floor for a standard view 1 BR? The 4th?

2. We may possibly rent the sea raycers from Sammy Duvall one day. Is it possible to do a walk-up or are you mainly out of luck without a reservation?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for the informative thread!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #644
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama
2. We may possibly rent the sea raycers from Sammy Duvall one day. Is it possible to do a walk-up or are you mainly out of luck without a reservation?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for the informative thread!
I have never had an issue renting Sea Racers as walk up. In fact I've never even waited behind more than one or two people.

Now water skiing, and parasailing, they need to be reserved in advance.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 03-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #645
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

We will be staying at Cont in August and after getting the Visa discount I am so excited! But here's my question has the mugs changed yet? We stayed at BC twice last year and we use our mugs so I always buy but now I have 8 with the beach scene and that is plenty. Does Cont always use the same one as the other resorts? Years ago, probably around 20, Cont always had Cont mugs which I still have and love!

Let me add I didn't put this on other boards because I didn't want it to end up a debate cause someone said this blah blah blah. I'm just saying I love to buy mugs during our trips and was hoping either they have their own mugs or the resort mugs have changed from beach scene.
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: