Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #616
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
First day of spring break here in NoVA and there is snow everywhere. Good thing I have a new ticker and can look forward to being at the CR soon

If you book LV and want to see the EWP, then an outer south-side villa or any inner villa will work. We prefer outer so that we don't overlook other rooms. Outer LV villas on the south overlook the CR and marina area and outer villas on the north side overlook the tennis courts and some have a partial MK view to the left.

The elevators are to the left and right as you walk in the main front entrance. The South-side is closest to the Skybridge. This is the sign you will see behind the front desk to your right in the lobby:

The elevator is a short walk away on the right and this is the sign you will find:

If your questions aren't fully answered here, the BLT Room View/Number thread by work2play is very helpful and knowledgable of all things BLT room location related. The link is on the first page.

Thank you so much! I think I'll request outer south side. Snowing here in Kentucky too. It happens sometimes. I remember a few snows on Derby Day!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #617
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Do 2 bedroom villas at BLT have salt and pepper? I seem to remember coffee, sugar and creamer but can't remember if salt and pepper are there? Also is some of the coffee decaf? Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #618
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Thank you so much! I think I'll request outer south side. Snowing here in Kentucky too. It happens sometimes. I remember a few snows on Derby Day!
You're welcome. I grew-up in IN and recall every year when spring arrived saying that it could still snow because one time it snowed on my dad's birthday in the middle of April.

You guys have been hit hard this winter - think happy, warm WDW thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
Do 2 bedroom villas at BLT have salt and pepper? I seem to remember coffee, sugar and creamer but can't remember if salt and pepper are there? Also is some of the coffee decaf? Thanks!
No salt and pepper (though Contempo Cafe has it in packets) but, YES to the decaf. There are packets of sugar for the coffee.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #619
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Little late with this, but does anyone know what they are doing with the Olympiad?

From the DIS:

Olympiad Fitness Center closed 3/18/2013- 4/4/2013. Guests may use Grand Republic A in the convention center where a temporary fitness center has been set up.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #620
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!
Anyone with any new pictures of the rehabbed/refurbished rooms?

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #621
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Good Morning!
I didn't know the CR was due for a refurb, but it's good to know . We are trying the CR for the first time in December and it would be great to have a new room (provided everything is done by then).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #622
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Hello all...I figured it was about time I joined this thread sine I've been coming back and reading it daily! We leave in 14 days for our second stay at the CR...yay!! We are staying in the tower with a TPV and we are super excited!! Thanks to you all for sharing so much great info here!!

I was wondering if the CR also has a Facebook page? Sorry if it was posted previously...I haven't read every single page...but I want to when I have time! Thanks!

Old 03-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #623
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Good Morning!
The only ones I know of are these:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/02...porary-resort/

I'm sure someone will post more here before I arrive in July

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I didn't know the CR was due for a refurb, but it's good to know . We are trying the CR for the first time in December and it would be great to have a new room (provided everything is done by then).

The soft goods room rehab was completed in the winter. Here is the link to some before/after photos:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
Hello all...I figured it was about time I joined this thread sine I've been coming back and reading it daily! We leave in 14 days for our second stay at the CR...yay!! We are staying in the tower with a TPV and we are super excited!! Thanks to you all for sharing so much great info here!!

I was wondering if the CR also has a Facebook page? Sorry if it was posted previously...I haven't read every single page...but I want to when I have time! Thanks!

I can't answer your FB question, but I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Will you be able to post some room photos?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #624
LSU25
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread- it was so helpful when deciding where to stay for our trip next January 2014. We just booked a theme park view room and we are so excited! Thank you again.

Jan.2nd - Jan.9th 2012- Offsite
Sept. 27th - Oct.7th 2012-Offsite
Jan. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Oct. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Feb. 2015- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #625
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU25 View Post
I just wanted to say thank you for this thread- it was so helpful when deciding where to stay for our trip next January 2014. We just booked a theme park view room and we are so excited! Thank you again.
You're so welcome! I know how much closer your vacation feels when you can look at photos and read about your resort and ask questions. What is your ADR date? Do you have your list made yet? I have a feeling BoG might be on there. I look forward to checking-out your PTR later!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #626
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The soft goods room rehab was completed in the winter. Here is the link to some before/after photos:

Hi KOOK

Thanks for the link . I've been trying to keep up with the Poly refurb that I wasn't aware anything was going on at the CR. Unless something drastic changes for our December trip, we are definitely giving the CR a try . The only thing I'm still trying to decide is whether or not to try CL or just stick with TPV .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 03-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #627
MagicKingdom4Ever
Mouseketeer

Hi!
I had no idea the rooms were being refurbished... any idea when they will all be finished? (sorry if the answer was already posted)

Old 03-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #628
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

This bus depot rehab or whatever it is, it won't impede me from walking to MK will it? I really can't figure out what's going on with the plans that are posted.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #629
LSU25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're so welcome! I know how much closer your vacation feels when you can look at photos and read about your resort and ask questions. What is your ADR date? Do you have your list made yet? I have a feeling BoG might be on there. I look forward to checking-out your PTR later!
So far we have:
Garden Grill
Cape May Café ( my DH favorite breakfast buffet)
Hollywood and Vine ( My DS favorite characters)
Princess Breakfast
Cinderella Castle ( breakfast / lunch or dinner whatever we can get)

I haven't figured out our exact ADR date yet, I think sometime in August. We will probably add 3-4 more as we get closer to our 180day window. I hate to admit it but one of my favorite places is The Plaza in MK - the cheesesteak is to die for haha

Jan.2nd - Jan.9th 2012- Offsite
Sept. 27th - Oct.7th 2012-Offsite
Jan. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Oct. 2014- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Feb. 2015- Contemporary Club Level Theme park view
Old 03-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #630
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The only ones I know of are these:

I'm sure someone will post more here before I arrive in July

I can't answer your FB question, but I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Will you be able to post some room photos?
I will definitely post photos! I can't wait to see the new decor! And I found the Facebook page by doing a search. I should have done that first! Thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: