Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #421
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
FastPass+ is being tested at Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom now through February 28. During this test phase, randomly selected guests at Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary resorts will receive a FastPass+ card for a specified arrival window for lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Guests who arrive at the restaurant during their FastPass+ time will be able to take advantage of an expedited order and payment process. This opportunity is available by invitation only and participants must have valid theme park admission.
That would have been nice a few weeks ago when I was there

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #422
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1

I got a two bedroom direct MK view room via cash ressie at the 11 month mark. If I go to look it up now for the first week of Dec, there is only a lake view available but, that is good at this point. There hasn't been a two bedroom showing up until today for the last two or three weeks.
I know for BWV they only sell garden/pool view for cash and I thought someone had mentioned it was only Lake for BLT on theDVC boards. But since BLT isn't officially sold out that gives more options to CRO. But generally cash rooms exist when members trade out for cruises or other non DVC resort stays. There is no guarantee of how many cash rooms there will be.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #423
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

There are some photos posted of the rehabbed rooms at the CR on touring plans. Not to sure if I like the hallway carpets, looks like fried eggs to me.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/02...porary-resort/

Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #424
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
There are some photos posted of the rehabbed rooms at the CR on touring plans. Not to sure if I like the hallway carpets, looks like fried eggs to me.

Egad! Who designed the fried egg carpet? Other than that, not bad. Though, I also see a couple fried eggs on the bed.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #425
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you!!! Yeah I don't like the carpets at all!!!! I don't really care for the new drapes either

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #426
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Thank you so much for posting the link, crazy4wdw! It's great to be able to see the before/after. I'm going to post your link to the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Egad! Who designed the fried egg carpet? Other than that, not bad. Though, I also see a couple fried eggs on the bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Thank you!!! Yeah I don't like the carpets at all!!!! I don't really care for the new drapes either
I am with you both. And those pancake/butter pat pillows aren't even really usable

This is me looking at the new decor.

Why are there H's on the bed runner or are they I's?

Why can't we see out the drapes anymore at the gorgeous Bay Lake/MK views?

Where did the orange bowl on the glass table go that I always kept our receipts, purchases, etc... in?

The scrambled egg carpeting screams... food court! or maybe Dennys!

Daybed and room carpeting looks fine.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #427
singastory
Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me!!

Quote:
GO ILLINI!! WOOOOO

Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #428
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think that is the ugliest carpet I have ever seen! Totally looks like fried eggs!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #429
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for posting the link, crazy4wdw! It's great to be able to see the before/after. I'm going to post your link to the first page.

I am with you both. And those pancake/butter pat pillows aren't even really usable

Where did the orange bowl on the glass table go that I always kept our receipts, purchases, etc... in?

I don't get the geometric H's at all, either. Maybe if they were geometric Cs it would make sense.

I'm with you on the drapes, too. Weird to block the view like that.

Maybe the fried eggs on the carpet is a subliminal attempt to get you to spend more money at breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Contempo Cafe?

If you click on the detailed pics, the butter pat pillows (love that description ) have pencil drawn mickeys on them -- that is a nice visual touch, even if the functionality is lacking.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #430
babyberger
DIS Veteran

KOOK - I didnt even notice the bowl was gone until you said something. That is our electronics bowl Oh and the butter pat pillows, I just see the chocolate gelt coins I get the kids for Hanukkah

I have to say I am happy I did not get a refurb'd room a few weeks ago Which ever group of imagineers picked this stuff out needs to be reassigned. Don't get me wrong, none of this will deter me from staying there again, but it is disappointing.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #431
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the pictures. That bowl was one of the most user-friendly aspects of the room. It would seem that Disney's designers never stay in their resort rooms with a family. The lack of drawer space in the Contemporary and the flat sinks in the bathroom are evidence they don't use the product they're designing. Of all things to tinker with in those rooms, the color scheme and the curtains were not the problem. Nor was the storage bowl. How about finding a fix for the sinks? Or put in another chest of drawers?

It's this kind of thinking which produces Stitch's Great Escape and the (short-lived) Stitch's Dance Party.

Still, I don't care if the room looks like a warmed over Hilton with an odd breakfast food motif, I agree with a previous poster who said as long as we can see the MK from our balcony, we'll continue staying at the Contemporary.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #432
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by singastory View Post
GO ILLINI!! WOOOOO

Hey, I grew-up in Indiana so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
I think that is the ugliest carpet I have ever seen! Totally looks like fried eggs!
Yesiree! Now this is running through my head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I don't get the geometric H's at all, either. Maybe if they were geometric Cs it would make sense.

I'm with you on the drapes, too. Weird to block the view like that.

Maybe the fried eggs on the carpet is a subliminal attempt to get you to spend more money at breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Contempo Cafe?

If you click on the detailed pics, the butter pat pillows (love that description ) have pencil drawn mickeys on them -- that is a nice visual touch, even if the functionality is lacking.
Yes, at least there's a butter pat Hidden Mickey. I couldn't make out a discernible pattern on the room carpeting so maybe a HM is lurking there or more egg (fertility?) symbols?

IDK about the subliminal message since I'm thinking that after one or two times walking down the hallway I'll never want an egg again! What about if you have high cholesterol or are allergic? Do you really want to be subjected to a constant reminder that you can't eat eggs? I can see the lawyers now...

Quote:
KOOK - I didnt even notice the bowl was gone until you said something. That is our electronics bowl Oh and the butter pat pillows, I just see the chocolate gelt coins I get the kids for Hanukkah

I have to say I am happy I did not get a refurb'd room a few weeks ago Which ever group of imagineers picked this stuff out needs to be reassigned. Don't get me wrong, none of this will deter me from staying there again, but it is disappointing.

Melissa
I wonder, too. Whose the suit who approved this? Is he a Tyson employee? Or does he want us all to book BLT instead

I'm glad you didn't have a rehabbed hallway either. My DD and DH probably would have commented on it every time we walked on it - not that I wouldn't have
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #433
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

I have mixed feelings about the rooms.

What happened to the headboard? The old one was plain, but is there even a new one to replace it?

The 'butter pat' pillows look like they will make great indoor frisbees.

The window shades are interesting. The cutouts look like the shape of CR, so that's kinda cool. But I do agree with others that they block too much of the view (and that's what my family pays for)

I don't immediately dislike the fried egg carpet. I think I will have to hold off judgement of that till I see it in person.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #434
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom View Post

What happened to the headboard? The old one was plain, but is there even a new one to replace it?

The window shades are interesting. The cutouts look like the shape of CR, so that's kinda cool. But I do agree with others that they block too much of the view (and that's what my family pays for)

I don't immediately dislike the fried egg carpet. I think I will have to hold off judgement of that till I see it in person.
The headboard is just monochromatic now and flat with the same piece of wood at the bottom.

So true about the butter pat pillows becoming projectiles! They'll be flying off the balconies.

I feel like they must be expecting some pretty bad carpet stains what with this crazy pattern - it should camouflage everything, especially all those spilled eggs.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #435
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
FastPass+ is being tested at Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom now through February 28. During this test phase, randomly selected guests at Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary resorts will receive a FastPass+ card for a specified arrival window for lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Guests who arrive at the restaurant during their FastPass+ time will be able to take advantage of an expedited order and payment process. This opportunity is available by invitation only and participants must have valid theme park admission.
Quote:
That would have been nice a few weeks ago when I was there
Didn't hear of anyone on CL who got this perk...we were there 21-26 Feb

Quote:

Deep breath everyone....things do look different in person. We didn't think that it looks that bad in person...is it our look ? ...no...we are more classic dark wood folks but remember this is the CR so you are going to get as DH calls it "artsy fartsy" look. we don't pick our hotels based on decor and bought at BLT based on location.

Quote:
Drapes actually do compliment the whole room...taken as a whole look not bad...even after lots of wine !

Quote:
Thank you so much for posting the link, crazy4wdw! It's great to be able to see the before/after. I'm going to post your link to the first page

I am with you both. And those pancake/butter pat pillows aren't even really usable:confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZUB View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the pictures. That bowl was one of the most user-friendly aspects of the room. It would seem that Disney's designers never stay in their resort rooms with a family. The lack of drawer space in the Contemporary and the flat sinks in the bathroom are evidence they don't use the product they're designing. Of all things to tinker with in those rooms, the color scheme and the curtains were not the problem. Nor was the storage bowl. How about finding a fix for the sinks? Or put in another chest of drawers?

It's this kind of thinking which produces Stitch's Great Escape and the (short-lived) Stitch's Dance Party.

Still, I don't care if the room looks like a warmed over Hilton with an odd breakfast food motif, I agree with a previous poster who said as long as we can see the MK from our balcony, we'll continue staying at the Contemporary.
Our room had four pillows and only one with Mickey's face. Don't think they are really functional but as our interior designer said "some things are for function and some are for decoration ". There is a decorative small plate for keys etc. When we left it looked like they were down on the 8th floor.

And...I forgot pics of the CL lounge on 12th floor...just gonna blame it on all the lactic acid build up in my legs from the half marathon. Sooooo happy DH and I finished with a good time but really could have used a massage
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: