Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #361
left210
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
Delayed but quick post for now -- and I will get pics uploaded by the weekend hopefully. Its just been a crazy week trying to get everyone readjusted back to work/school so haven't had time yet to upload them.

We stayed CR TPV and LOVED our room and the view. Watching Wishes from the balcony was incredible and falling asleep/waking up to the Castle view was so worth the added expense!! We stayed on the 9th floor and when we came off the elevator our room was right there smack in the middle which we were concerned about how much noise we were going to hear from people coming off the elevators and walking to their rooms and Chef Mickeys being to the right and the gift shops to the left, esp. with DD being such a light sleeper, but we heard NOTHING. Not even the monorail when it came through.

Loved Nadia at Chef Mickeys, but honestly the rest of the staff at the resort was not that great. The guy doing our check-in that kept staring at my breasts the entire time and made barely any eye contact because of it -- which was pretty disrespectful and rude), the person that took my order for DH's surprise birthday cake almost blew the surprise by putting it down for 8:30 p.m. instead of 8:30 a.m. and I felt like the cake was rushed to get done and delivered. But the cake came out nice, DH was totally surprised and rather than try and rush out to make our reservations at Kona Cafe...which we were a bit disappointed over, DD loved the idea of having cake for breakfast so we just went with the flow.

Pirates/Pals Cruise was pretty cute. You walk to the conference room and check-in where they give you a bandana to either wear on your head or somewhere on your body so they know you're part of the cruise and they assign you a boat = either "Capt Hook" or "Mr. Smee". There's a couple of statues around the hallway to take pics with, and then two pirates come out and interact for a couple of minutes before you go inside the room where there's a buffet of treats from bags of popcorn/chips, ice cream, chocolate coins, drinks, etc. Then Hook and Mr. Smee come out for 'meet and greet', then they leave and the two pirates come back and escort us to the boats where they interact with us until Wishes starts -- then back to the dock where Peter Pan is waiting. The view from the water watching Wishes was beautiful and there's no better place to see it IMO, even from our TPV room.
With regards to the Pirates cruise - did the boat look like a pirate ship or was it a typical boat?
left210 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #362
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

canopy boat.
__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
ErinsMommy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #363
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
Does this whole staring thing happen often- or was it uniquely especially out of the ordinary at the contemporary? Serious question.
Well I am gifted in that area, but as DH commented -- there's a way to look and not be so obvious/gross about it -- and he was both and it was highly inappropriate.
__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
ErinsMommy is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #364
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
We got here at about 2 PM and since I had pre registered online, we sailed right in, our room was ready and we got the room we had requested; lakeview, north tower, even numbered room, 2-3 floors above level 5 (so we can easily walk the stairs from the sky bridge)

So happy with the room, everything is clean and in great condition, and it is HUGE!


We have a beautiful view from our balcony- to the left space mountain and Cinderellas castle and to the front and right, Bay Lake. Every amenity is here, and it's very comfortable. Already did a load of laundry and loving the 2 full baths with teens! When we get home I will post lots of pics and our room number.

Till then, we are here to enjoy and not to worry, we won't order any pizza.

BTW- related to the pizza " scam"; there are brochures by each phone about "security" including the tip "use caution when disclosing your CC # over the phone" and "fliers place under your door are not legitimate communication from the WDW resort"
Great news and we can't wait for more live updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
This is seriously the best resort thread ever. Every time I'm thinking "I wonder if they have this in the villa....", I just flip to the lists and photos of stuff. Seriously amazing.

But how am I going to pass the time until September if everything is so dang easy to locate?
You just made my day. This was lots of fun to put together and even more fun now that it's up and helping people.

There has got to be something you'd like to chat about - it's ok if it's already in the thread. Oh, what ADRs are you booking? You have to do CA Grill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
Delayed but quick post for now -- and I will get pics uploaded by the weekend hopefully. Its just been a crazy week trying to get everyone readjusted back to work/school so haven't had time yet to upload them.

We stayed CR TPV and LOVED our room and the view. Watching Wishes from the balcony was incredible and falling asleep/waking up to the Castle view was so worth the added expense!! We stayed on the 9th floor and when we came off the elevator our room was right there smack in the middle which we were concerned about how much noise we were going to hear from people coming off the elevators and walking to their rooms and Chef Mickeys being to the right and the gift shops to the left, esp. with DD being such a light sleeper, but we heard NOTHING. Not even the monorail when it came through.

Loved Nadia at Chef Mickeys, but honestly the rest of the staff at the resort was not that great. The guy doing our check-in that kept staring at my breasts the entire time and made barely any eye contact because of it -- which was pretty disrespectful and rude), the person that took my order for DH's surprise birthday cake almost blew the surprise by putting it down for 8:30 p.m. instead of 8:30 a.m. and I felt like the cake was rushed to get done and delivered. But the cake came out nice, DH was totally surprised and rather than try and rush out to make our reservations at Kona Cafe...which we were a bit disappointed over, DD loved the idea of having cake for breakfast so we just went with the flow.

Pirates/Pals Cruise was pretty cute. You walk to the conference room and check-in where they give you a bandana to either wear on your head or somewhere on your body so they know you're part of the cruise and they assign you a boat = either "Capt Hook" or "Mr. Smee". There's a couple of statues around the hallway to take pics with, and then two pirates come out and interact for a couple of minutes before you go inside the room where there's a buffet of treats from bags of popcorn/chips, ice cream, chocolate coins, drinks, etc. Then Hook and Mr. Smee come out for 'meet and greet', then they leave and the two pirates come back and escort us to the boats where they interact with us until Wishes starts -- then back to the dock where Peter Pan is waiting. The view from the water watching Wishes was beautiful and there's no better place to see it IMO, even from our TPV room.
Thanks for posting your review and reporting that you didn't hear any noise since many ask about that. It's great having a P&P Cruise review, too. Did you book a BB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Not only are they dishwasher-able, we have a practice of putting everything we plan on using for the trip in the dishwasher when we check in. While housekeeping does clean anything that's dirty, that doesn't necessarily include everything that was handled by previous guests but not actually used and put in the sink or dishwasher.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie78 View Post
Eeek - I just booked a BLT lake view studio for me and my 3 yo and the balcony does scare me a bit. I had been reassuring myself that Disney would have built with kids in mind, but is that naive?
Here is a photo of the locking mechanism on the sliding glass door:



I wouldn't worry about it, but you know your child's curiosity and dexterity level best.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #365
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

We didn't book a BB--so tempting but don't think we'll be back for a few more years. We want to go back to the Bahamas first, then give Universal/Sea World a try, then DH has been itching to go back "home" to Ireland and by then DD should be almost 10 and ready for more than just MK.
__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
ErinsMommy is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #366
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Olivia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 597

Hi Annie. I'm sure it will all be great. The lake view is beautiful. I would just use caution if you get a high floor. Our DS pulled furniture over to open balcony. Luckily I reached him before his full plan came to play out. He was starting to drag the chair over to look down. Took a few years off my life but learned to never leave him alone for a second. I'm not a huge fan of heights so a lower floor is ok for me. However, as I said earlier, the views were just beautiful. Enjoy!
__________________
Princess Olivia is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #367
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

Theme Park View Room Pics...9th Floor. =)

Room view with castle/space mountain to right (zoomed in)


Nite view


Sunrise




Zoomed in


Start of Wishes from balcony




__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7

Last edited by ErinsMommy; 02-22-2013 at 01:14 PM.
ErinsMommy is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #368
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

Pirates and Pals Pics..

Entering the lobby area of Pirates & Pals




Capt Hook & Smee Meet & Greet


Wishes from boat






Peter Pan waiting on dock
__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
ErinsMommy is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #369
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

Chef Brian's Masterpiece for DH's surprise 50th

Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. It was DELICIOUS!!


Man of the day


Cake cutting with daddy
__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
ErinsMommy is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #370
cmbpanda
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, uk
Posts: 93

That is an awesome cake! And those views of the fireworks are amazing. I'm soooo excited. That will be our view in 5 weeks time . CR theme park view here we come
cmbpanda is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #371
left210
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,416

Great pics. Love the view of fireworks from the boat. Was it loud from the boat? DS4 does not like loud fireworks but likes to see them. At 4th of July he watches from inside our house if that gives you any idea.
left210 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #372
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

Our daughter HATES fireworks. She just held her hands over her ears when she felt it was too loud...we were surprised how mesmorized she was by them as they pipe in the "story" and she was in awe. I'm sure your son will do great!!
__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
ErinsMommy is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #373
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,186

ErinsMommy: Thank you for posting all those fun photos! I love your cake's sentiment - hilarious and delicious


Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
LOVE hearing you got your request!! We'll be there in 55 days and my one concern/hope is that we get our room request.
We have a dedicated 2 bedroom but I did standard view this time. Last trip we had lake view and loved it but it was really high and my two youngest are autistic and crafty. One of them figured out (3 yrs old) how to get the high up safetly latch open and was out on the 10th floor balacony!!!!

This time I requested a lower room (but not first floor) with no view of any water. They will do anything to get to a pool or anything that looks like it can be a place to swim. Huge danger. Obviously they are always supervised but it still worries me if I turn my back for a minute they could run to water. They are now 4 and 2 1/2. our 2 1/2 year old is completely non verbal and very little receptive language. Our 4 yr old has major receptive and expressive delays. Neither of them have any concept of danger. They are both very sweet and well behaved but sadly do not understand many things which can lead to major frustration and tears all around. Trying my best to avoid some of these situations. Sorry I've rambled so. Just so glad your request was met.

Lastly, you are dodging another major snow storm here (so jealous). Looks like 16 inches where I will be this weekend at my daughters dance competition in Andover

Have a great vacation!!!
It sounds like you really have your hands full and vacations have special challenges for you. You probably need your own vacation after vacation
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #374
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Olivia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 597

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
ErinsMommy: Thank you for posting all those fun photos! I love your cake's sentiment - hilarious and delicious



It sounds like you really have your hands full and vacations have special challenges for you. You probably need your own vacation after vacation
You're very sweet. Dh and I are fortunate to also have two older children ages 16 and soon to be 15 who are very helpful. I'm really looking forward to April, we all need a break
__________________
Princess Olivia is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #375
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
You're very sweet. Dh and I are fortunate to also have two older children ages 16 and soon to be 15 who are very helpful. I'm really looking forward to April, we all need a break
You sound blessed and challenged all at the same time! I hope you have a wonderful vacation filled with special memories for you and your wonderful family.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: