Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #3646
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Thanks so much.. Don't know why I could not find that link before I blame it on being sleep deprived LOL
You're welcome and now, go take a nap
Old 03-06-2014, 06:20 PM   #3647
aggieob1
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great advice.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #3648
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Nobody finds that pool freezing??
I absolutely find the pools to be freezing. One October it was unseasonably hot (in the 90s all week) and the BLT pool was tolerable as long as you were in the sun and not the shade. Other than that, too cold. And I live in Minnesota!
Old 03-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #3649
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaroots View Post
I apologize if this question has been asked somewhere in the thread (I searched, but didn't see anything), but is there even the possibility of getting studios in BLT that connect? We are taking our kids to Disney for the first time this Oct. and I want to stay at BLT, but looking online there are no 1 BR available for our dates. I am going to look into renting points, but looked on the Disney site just for price comparison and possible availability. We have 3 little ones so I think a studio would absolutely be too small for us. So my thought was if we could get connecting studios we could just rent two of them for about the same price as a 1 BR would have been. But if they were not connected they would automatically rule that idea out.

Alternately, saw that the Garden Wing deluxe room is available for our dates. Anyone stayed there with a party of 5? What would be the downsides of staying there vs. a 1 BR in BLT?
Studios never connect to another studio. If you booked two studios, the parents would have to split up for the trip. And they might not be close to each other.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #3650
psac
DIS Veteran

Asking for a friend... Is the beach area at CR okay for little kids to play in? I know you can't go in the water, but otherwise I didn't know there was a beach area until my wife told me... Even though we've stayed at the CR and BLT in the past. . I had to look at Kook's pics on page 1 to confirm it existed.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #3651
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Yes, the kids can play in the sand.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #3652
jkc0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
When are you going? I know what you mean by being so excited! This will be the second trip for my husband and I. We cannot wait. Last time we stayed at Coronado Springs. So this will be great being able to walk to MK and the monorail hopping! I am so excited. I hope that you have an amazing time on your trip
We will there Sept 12-15...we are hoping to add another day onto the trip. Crossing my fingers my Mom will say she can handle getting the kids off to school for one morning for us. We are excited about being on the monorail too!!! I hope your trip is amazing as well

Last edited by jkc0325; 03-07-2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #3653
MamaToDavis
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I'm so excited to join in on this thread! I am furiously trying to take it all in. We haven't been to WDW in two years and are mixing things up on this next trip. First visit to CR!! We are planning a split stay at the CR and an EPCOT area resort (probably BC CL). We do not plan to do CL at CR because I just don't think we'll really utilize it. There are too many restaurants I want to hit in the MK area and we plan to go, go, go the whole time. Our Beach Club portion of the trip will be more laid back with more pool time and leisure trips to EP and DHS.

We are going on Sept. 13-20 and are leaning toward beginning our trip at the CR and staying 3 nights and then moving over to BC for 4 nights. Does this sounds like a good plan? I know this is the CR thread, so you're probably thinking that we should stay the whole week at CR! However, I've always wanted to stay at BC. Every visit I say, "Next time." Now that the Poly is out with no pool, I think this is the perfect time to try 2 new resorts.

I'm thinking CR Tower BLV... If we go to CR first will we be disappointed with BC CL? I realize you should do the "best" hotel last when planning a split stay, but having never visited either hotel, I have no idea what we should do.

Any advice is welcome! If you made it through this rambly post, bless you! It's been a long week and I'm feeling kind of punchy tonight. Thanks so much for any insight.

Oh, in case it matters, my husband and I will be traveling with our two boys ages 7 and 10.
12/06 AKL CL/Poly CL
1/09 Poly CL
1/12 Another Poly stay!
9/13 1st Disney Cruise
Old 03-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #3654
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToDavis View Post
Hi all! I'm so excited to join in on this thread! I am furiously trying to take it all in. We haven't been to WDW in two years and are mixing things up on this next trip. First visit to CR!! We are planning a split stay at the CR and an EPCOT area resort (probably BC CL). We do not plan to do CL at CR because I just don't think we'll really utilize it. There are too many restaurants I want to hit in the MK area and we plan to go, go, go the whole time. Our Beach Club portion of the trip will be more laid back with more pool time and leisure trips to EP and DHS.

We are going on Sept. 13-20 and are leaning toward beginning our trip at the CR and staying 3 nights and then moving over to BC for 4 nights. Does this sounds like a good plan? I know this is the CR thread, so you're probably thinking that we should stay the whole week at CR! However, I've always wanted to stay at BC. Every visit I say, "Next time." Now that the Poly is out with no pool, I think this is the perfect time to try 2 new resorts.

I'm thinking CR Tower BLV... If we go to CR first will we be disappointed with BC CL? I realize you should do the "best" hotel last when planning a split stay, but having never visited either hotel, I have no idea what we should do.

Any advice is welcome! If you made it through this rambly post, bless you! It's been a long week and I'm feeling kind of punchy tonight. Thanks so much for any insight.

Oh, in case it matters, my husband and I will be traveling with our two boys ages 7 and 10.
I think those are two great resorts to do a split stay! They're equally 'cool' for different reasons! I think your boys will probably love the BC pool a lot more, so I think the order you have planned is perfect. While I love the CR, it just can't compete with Stormalong Bay. I think if you did BC first, the CR pool might be a little bit of a let down. Plus, its best to have your go, go, go days at the beginning and then your relaxing days at the end!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #3655
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
Yes, the kids can play in the sand.
Thanks!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #3656
MamaToDavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I think those are two great resorts to do a split stay! They're equally 'cool' for different reasons! I think your boys will probably love the BC pool a lot more, so I think the order you have planned is perfect. While I love the CR, it just can't compete with Stormalong Bay. I think if you did BC first, the CR pool might be a little bit of a let down. Plus, its best to have your go, go, go days at the beginning and then your relaxing days at the end!
Great! Thanks so much!!!
12/06 AKL CL/Poly CL
1/09 Poly CL
1/12 Another Poly stay!
9/13 1st Disney Cruise
Old 03-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #3657
acg
Earning My Ears

Is anyone taking the magic express bus? Do you know how long it takes to get to bl from airport? We get in at 930 hoping we will be at ak by 1230.we are doing magic bands and online check in.dont want to miss too much first day. Lo
Old 03-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #3658
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acg
Is anyone taking the magic express bus? Do you know how long it takes to get to bl from airport? We get in at 930 hoping we will be at ak by 1230.we are doing magic bands and online check in.dont want to miss too much first day. Lo
Assuming your flight is on time that seems reasonable timing to me. If your room is ready and you head to your room first it might be a little later but not much, unless you unpack before you head out too.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 03-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #3659
EveClark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acg View Post
I was wondering about this too!
This is our first stay at CR and I wasn't sure how long of a trip it was from the airport to the hotel.
I was estimating about 2 hours from the time out plane lands until we are checking in.
We're hoping to squeeze in as much time as we can at MK since its closing at 7 that night for MNSSHP.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #3660
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

If you are taking the ME and are not stopping to pick up any luggage..time from getting off the plane to arriving at the CR should be about an hour and a half...the usual bus route is to stop at WL then the CR..before heading on over to the Poly and GF...

We usually take an early morning flight..and make it to the MK in time for lunch...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: