Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #3646
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Thanks so much.. Don't know why I could not find that link before I blame it on being sleep deprived LOL
You're welcome and now, go take a nap
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 06:20 PM   #3647
aggieob1
Earning My Ears
 
aggieob1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 21

Thanks for the great advice.
aggieob1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #3648
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Skid Row
Posts: 3,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Nobody finds that pool freezing??
I absolutely find the pools to be freezing. One October it was unseasonably hot (in the 90s all week) and the BLT pool was tolerable as long as you were in the sun and not the shade. Other than that, too cold. And I live in Minnesota!
jtowntoflorida is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #3649
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaroots View Post
I apologize if this question has been asked somewhere in the thread (I searched, but didn't see anything), but is there even the possibility of getting studios in BLT that connect? We are taking our kids to Disney for the first time this Oct. and I want to stay at BLT, but looking online there are no 1 BR available for our dates. I am going to look into renting points, but looked on the Disney site just for price comparison and possible availability. We have 3 little ones so I think a studio would absolutely be too small for us. So my thought was if we could get connecting studios we could just rent two of them for about the same price as a 1 BR would have been. But if they were not connected they would automatically rule that idea out.

Alternately, saw that the Garden Wing deluxe room is available for our dates. Anyone stayed there with a party of 5? What would be the downsides of staying there vs. a 1 BR in BLT?
Studios never connect to another studio. If you booked two studios, the parents would have to split up for the trip. And they might not be close to each other.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #3650
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,420

Asking for a friend... Is the beach area at CR okay for little kids to play in? I know you can't go in the water, but otherwise I didn't know there was a beach area until my wife told me... Even though we've stayed at the CR and BLT in the past. . I had to look at Kook's pics on page 1 to confirm it existed.
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #3651
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran
 
LSUfan4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 3,712

Yes, the kids can play in the sand.
__________________
LSUfan4444 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #3652
jkc0325
Mouseketeer
 
jkc0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
When are you going? I know what you mean by being so excited! This will be the second trip for my husband and I. We cannot wait. Last time we stayed at Coronado Springs. So this will be great being able to walk to MK and the monorail hopping! I am so excited. I hope that you have an amazing time on your trip
We will there Sept 12-15...we are hoping to add another day onto the trip. Crossing my fingers my Mom will say she can handle getting the kids off to school for one morning for us. We are excited about being on the monorail too!!! I hope your trip is amazing as well
__________________

Last edited by jkc0325; 03-07-2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo
jkc0325 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #3653
MamaToDavis
Mouseketeer
 
MamaToDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 299

Hi all! I'm so excited to join in on this thread! I am furiously trying to take it all in. We haven't been to WDW in two years and are mixing things up on this next trip. First visit to CR!! We are planning a split stay at the CR and an EPCOT area resort (probably BC CL). We do not plan to do CL at CR because I just don't think we'll really utilize it. There are too many restaurants I want to hit in the MK area and we plan to go, go, go the whole time. Our Beach Club portion of the trip will be more laid back with more pool time and leisure trips to EP and DHS.

We are going on Sept. 13-20 and are leaning toward beginning our trip at the CR and staying 3 nights and then moving over to BC for 4 nights. Does this sounds like a good plan? I know this is the CR thread, so you're probably thinking that we should stay the whole week at CR! However, I've always wanted to stay at BC. Every visit I say, "Next time." Now that the Poly is out with no pool, I think this is the perfect time to try 2 new resorts.

I'm thinking CR Tower BLV... If we go to CR first will we be disappointed with BC CL? I realize you should do the "best" hotel last when planning a split stay, but having never visited either hotel, I have no idea what we should do.

Any advice is welcome! If you made it through this rambly post, bless you! It's been a long week and I'm feeling kind of punchy tonight. Thanks so much for any insight.

Oh, in case it matters, my husband and I will be traveling with our two boys ages 7 and 10.
__________________
1978 1st visit!: Off site
3/94 Dixie Landings
6/97 Honeymoon! Grand Floridian
12/06 AKL CL/Poly CL
1/09 Poly CL
1/12 Another Poly stay!
9/13 1st Disney Cruise
MamaToDavis is offline  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #3654
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToDavis View Post
Hi all! I'm so excited to join in on this thread! I am furiously trying to take it all in. We haven't been to WDW in two years and are mixing things up on this next trip. First visit to CR!! We are planning a split stay at the CR and an EPCOT area resort (probably BC CL). We do not plan to do CL at CR because I just don't think we'll really utilize it. There are too many restaurants I want to hit in the MK area and we plan to go, go, go the whole time. Our Beach Club portion of the trip will be more laid back with more pool time and leisure trips to EP and DHS.

We are going on Sept. 13-20 and are leaning toward beginning our trip at the CR and staying 3 nights and then moving over to BC for 4 nights. Does this sounds like a good plan? I know this is the CR thread, so you're probably thinking that we should stay the whole week at CR! However, I've always wanted to stay at BC. Every visit I say, "Next time." Now that the Poly is out with no pool, I think this is the perfect time to try 2 new resorts.

I'm thinking CR Tower BLV... If we go to CR first will we be disappointed with BC CL? I realize you should do the "best" hotel last when planning a split stay, but having never visited either hotel, I have no idea what we should do.

Any advice is welcome! If you made it through this rambly post, bless you! It's been a long week and I'm feeling kind of punchy tonight. Thanks so much for any insight.

Oh, in case it matters, my husband and I will be traveling with our two boys ages 7 and 10.
I think those are two great resorts to do a split stay! They're equally 'cool' for different reasons! I think your boys will probably love the BC pool a lot more, so I think the order you have planned is perfect. While I love the CR, it just can't compete with Stormalong Bay. I think if you did BC first, the CR pool might be a little bit of a let down. Plus, its best to have your go, go, go days at the beginning and then your relaxing days at the end!
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline  
Old 03-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #3655
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
Yes, the kids can play in the sand.
Thanks!!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 03-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #3656
MamaToDavis
Mouseketeer
 
MamaToDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I think those are two great resorts to do a split stay! They're equally 'cool' for different reasons! I think your boys will probably love the BC pool a lot more, so I think the order you have planned is perfect. While I love the CR, it just can't compete with Stormalong Bay. I think if you did BC first, the CR pool might be a little bit of a let down. Plus, its best to have your go, go, go days at the beginning and then your relaxing days at the end!
Great! Thanks so much!!!
__________________
1978 1st visit!: Off site
3/94 Dixie Landings
6/97 Honeymoon! Grand Floridian
12/06 AKL CL/Poly CL
1/09 Poly CL
1/12 Another Poly stay!
9/13 1st Disney Cruise
MamaToDavis is offline  
Old 03-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #3657
acg
Earning My Ears
 
acg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19

Is anyone taking the magic express bus? Do you know how long it takes to get to bl from airport? We get in at 930 hoping we will be at ak by 1230.we are doing magic bands and online check in.dont want to miss too much first day. Lo
acg is offline  
Old 03-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #3658
NJRRK
DIS Veteran
 
NJRRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 2,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by acg
Is anyone taking the magic express bus? Do you know how long it takes to get to bl from airport? We get in at 930 hoping we will be at ak by 1230.we are doing magic bands and online check in.dont want to miss too much first day. Lo
Assuming your flight is on time that seems reasonable timing to me. If your room is ready and you head to your room first it might be a little later but not much, unless you unpack before you head out too.
__________________
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"- Mame Dennis

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #3659
EveClark
Mouseketeer
 
EveClark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by acg View Post
Is anyone taking the magic express bus? Do you know how long it takes to get to bl from airport? We get in at 930 hoping we will be at ak by 1230.we are doing magic bands and online check in.dont want to miss too much first day. Lo
I was wondering about this too!
This is our first stay at CR and I wasn't sure how long of a trip it was from the airport to the hotel.
I was estimating about 2 hours from the time out plane lands until we are checking in.
We're hoping to squeeze in as much time as we can at MK since its closing at 7 that night for MNSSHP.
EveClark is offline  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #3660
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran
 
BlueSkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,199

If you are taking the ME and are not stopping to pick up any luggage..time from getting off the plane to arriving at the CR should be about an hour and a half...the usual bus route is to stop at WL then the CR..before heading on over to the Poly and GF...

We usually take an early morning flight..and make it to the MK in time for lunch...
__________________
~ DREAM BIG LIVE GRAND ~




BlueSkies is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: