Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #3331
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Yikes! I hope something is available soon that you can apply - AAA? AP? FD? Military? General Public? Anything?!
"Yikes!" is my reaction, too! The General Public discount only applies to studios at BLT, and there is just no availability in the GW with the discount during our dates, I guess. But, a ray of hope is that the two GW rooms are booked separately room-only with the lead person on the reservations being a Florida resident. So HOPEFULLY, the FL resident rate (if there ends up being one) will apply!! The FL residents may also get seasonal passes, so I don't know if that'd work for an AP rate?

It may be worth asking if an AAA membership would get a discount on our room. Even 10% would be a nice bump down.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #3332
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
It may be worth asking if an AAA membership would get a discount on our room. Even 10% would be a nice bump down.
I only read this on the DIS so not sure if it's 100% accurate, but I have read that Disney is no longer accepting AAA discounts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #3333
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Have to say after trying poly, CR, GF in both SL and RPC there was one that really stood out for service....CR!

I quickly explained I had to move from CL floor to garden wing (hospitality suite) and the staff was great. I asked for milk, water, wine and even one night dh wanted cereal at 9pm.

They asked how many and offered to give as many as you wanted. I got 6 water bottles (dasani) for example. Also one night I asked for a glass of wine at 9pm and to be put in to go coffee cup to carry back to wing. They offered the whole bottle of wine!

I already mentioned how the concierge desk helped me out but the lounge staff were so truly helpful. They looked you in the eye, smiled and offered more. Everyone over the 4 days were just great.

I always ask for wine at the lounges and often milk too. The cr lounge made you feel special. Never did you feel like you were interrupting or bothering them. I did get that feeling sometimes at the other lounges. This was our 2nd cr stay and both times were great.

At cr it just feels like you have a personal assistant." Can I have milk? " "Sure how many , is 3 or 4 enough? Would you like a tray to carry them?" All with a smile.

For those of you with an upcoming atrium club stay.. You will love it

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 01-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #3334
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Have to say after trying poly, CR, GF in both SL and RPC there was one that really stood out for service....CR!

I quickly explained I had to move from CL floor to garden wing (hospitality suite) and the staff was great. I asked for milk, water, wine and even one night dh wanted cereal at 9pm.

They asked how many and offered to give as many as you wanted. I got 6 water bottles (dasani) for example. Also one night I asked for a glass of wine at 9pm and to be put in to go coffee cup to carry back to wing. They offered the whole bottle of wine!

I already mentioned how the concierge desk helped me out but the lounge staff were so truly helpful. They looked you in the eye, smiled and offered more. Everyone over the 4 days were just great.

I always ask for wine at the lounges and often milk too. The cr lounge made you feel special. Never did you feel like you were interrupting or bothering them. I did get that feeling sometimes at the other lounges. This was our 2nd cr stay and both times were great.

At cr it just feels like you have a personal assistant." Can I have milk? " "Sure how many , is 3 or 4 enough? Would you like a tray to carry them?" All with a smile.

I completely agree! We've stayed CL at CR and BWI. Everyone on all the CL boards RAVES about the BWI staff, but we felt the CR staff had them beat hands down! The staff at BWI felt very cliquey and like you were interrupting their conversations with each other if you needed something. The people at CR were just bend-over-backwards happy to do everything you'd ever want or need (even before you knew you wanted or needed it.)
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 01-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #3335
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I completely agree! We've stayed CL at CR and BWI. Everyone on all the CL boards RAVES about the BWI staff, but we felt the CR staff had them beat hands down! The staff at BWI felt very cliquey and like you were interrupting their conversations with each other if you needed something. The people at CR were just bend-over-backwards happy to do everything you'd ever want or need (even before you knew you wanted or needed it.)
Good to hear.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 01-11-2014, 06:14 AM   #3336
trishadono
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3161

Link to pics of welcome gift at atrium room.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #3337
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
We were so excited to try VGF and loved them! We were there 1/2-1/5 as a family of 4 with recently widowed mil. I posted on grand and dvc threads pics.

Since ds is in HS and dh had to work they were to fly home 1/5 and dd and I transferred to cr atrium MKV!!! It is her first year away at college and we wanted some girl time. I let her pick and after trying poly, SL, and cr she wanted to go back to cr!

We love the lounge at cr. We sat on the balcony that night and just soaked in the view of the castle. We had the room that you can see the castle from the bed which is really

Poof! I get the call. Dh says flight cancelled after waiting for hours at MCO and trying to get suitcases and flight rebooked. It is 945pm! I get redressed and head to concierge desk.

I explain the situation and ask to have ds and dh added to my res so I can add them to ME. She gives me a day pass Kttw card. Dd is 18 so we would have had 3 adults in room and that would cost more, this way cheaper.

I ask for a wine to take to room for when dh finally gets back. After it is handed to me the conc says I think you need a bottle and 2 grass glasses. She gets them and walks me to room and asks if I need anything else.

In the morning I head to desk. After spending time in a 2br villa all 4 of us in one room there was no room to move!

So many people had flights cancelled that the resort was almost full. No CL rooms, no suites either. Then I asked for hospitality suite. She reminded me only one bedroom in it but I needed space so we moved there. I was granted a discount due to the circumstances. ( she made a call for me).

I got a call 20 minutes later (9am)than the suite was ready and I could move when I was ready. Dh and dd were at Epcot and ds and I packed bags and headed to suite. (Bellhop did the bags)

Ds loved it! It is not as pretty/new as the gf villas but what fun! Lots of lounging space. The bedroom is the same with a few different decor changes. Example -the headboard.

Then there is another bathroom with glass shower and a half bath too!!!

A fridge in the kitchen and a microwave drawer!

A 2nd tv and a sofa sleeper (very comfy/top quality). This suite is the size of 4 rooms but it only cost twice the price of the CL room.

We got turndown service each night too.

I will post later about the CL lounge and staff
What a great story and thank you so much for posting your HS photos! I'm going to post a link to your photos in the SUITE section on the first page.

I bet this is a trip you will all remember for many years to come. I hope that discount was a nice one - those HSs are pricey at rack rate. What WDW trips do you have planned now? It might be hard to top this last one, but knowing you, you'll come up with another fantastic combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I only read this on the DIS so not sure if it's 100% accurate, but I have read that Disney is no longer accepting AAA discounts.
Interesting. I wonder if this means that folks can no longer book with the AAA discount through the WDTC, or they can no longer book through AAA

AAA used to offer Disney vacations and booking even in person at their offices. There's one near a restaurant we frequent that used to always have Disney vacation posters up and I would smile when I saw them

Quote:

It's nice to read about your positive experience. I had a less than positive Atrium Club experience in 2010 which has made me leery about re-booking the AC. I have Tower Club booked now, but I've heard some negative things recently about the floor and I have to change the vacation from June to August anyway so I'll probably be making some ummm, adjustments.

Quote:
Nice to read positive remarks again about the Atrium Club.

Well, not everyone raves about BWI/CL...I've posted both in my BWI thread and in my TR back in 2011 that we didn't like the Innkeeper's Club, in part for the reasons you posted above. We did like BWI, and I'll probably be replacing the Tower Club with BWI for our summer split, but only a non-CL room. We've stayed in CL rooms 7 of the last 7 trips so booking BWI w/o CL says a lot about how we felt about it.

Quote:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3161

Link to pics of welcome gift at atrium room.
Can I post this to the CL section? I only have the previous Welcome Gift photo. I really like the photo of CR and the monorail on the chocolate. Was it tasty or did your kids gobble it up?!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #3338
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nice to read positive remarks again about the Atrium Club.

Well, not everyone raves about BWI/CL...I've posted both in my BWI thread and in my TR back in 2011 that we didn't like the Innkeeper's Club, in part for the reasons you posted above. We did like BWI, and I'll probably be replacing the Tower Club with BWI for our summer split, but only a non-CL room. We've stayed in CL rooms 7 of the last 7 trips so booking BWI w/o CL says a lot about how we felt about it.
Agreed We really enjoyed the BWI, but would definitely NOT stay in the Innkeepers Club again. We even had a deluxe room and really loved the extra space, but it wasn't worth the experience we had with the CL staff.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 01-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #3339
trishadono
DIS Veteran

KOOK. use any pics you wish! Glad to contribute.

I had the best year ever. All the monorail cl's in 8 months.

Now no trip planned . Dh and DS have had enough but dd may up for one before our ap's expire in Aug. keeping my fingers crossed!

Our once a year changed to twice a year then 3 , then 4 then crazy year!

I still can't decide which I like best poly, BLT, cr, gf or VGF. I would go back to each in heartbeat

Old 01-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #3340
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Agreed We really enjoyed the BWI, but would definitely NOT stay in the Innkeepers Club again. We even had a deluxe room and really loved the extra space, but it wasn't worth the experience we had with the CL staff.
Booked a summer BWI split yesterday, sans CL. BWI 3 nights and WL-CL 8 nights

Quote:
KOOK. use any pics you wish! Glad to contribute.

I had the best year ever. All the monorail cl's in 8 months.

Now no trip planned . Dh and DS have had enough but dd may up for one before our ap's expire in Aug. keeping my fingers crossed!

Our once a year changed to twice a year then 3 , then 4 then crazy year!

I still can't decide which I like best poly, BLT, cr, gf or VGF. I would go back to each in heartbeat
I posted your CL gift photo to the CL section and a link to your HS photos in the SUITE section - thanks!!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #3341
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

Are there any tips to getting a garden wing room as close to the Tower as possible? My sister is coming with us and I think it'll be a lot of walking just to get to the bus stop or monorail in the morning! If I could minimize it at all, it would be helpful! I'll do online check in if you think that will help.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:17 AM   #3342
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

We are staying in a Tower Club King room from Jan 27-31st. I am anxious as there are only 2 King rooms on the 14th Floor, one has a tub and one just has a shower. I have requested the room with a tub as I need a tub. The only pictures I can find of the standard rooms on the 14th floor seem to be older. I was wondering if anyone had any updated pictures of any of the standard rooms from the 14th floor. If not then I will add some to the thread when we return :-)

Also, if anyone would like me to take pictures of anything while I am there or check something out for them let me know. :-)
Old 01-13-2014, 04:38 AM   #3343
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBarb View Post
Are there any tips to getting a garden wing room as close to the Tower as possible? My sister is coming with us and I think it'll be a lot of walking just to get to the bus stop or monorail in the morning! If I could minimize it at all, it would be helpful! I'll do online check in if you think that will help.
The rooms closest to the Tower in the GW are the Standard View rooms which face the monorail and parking lot and the Garden View rooms which face the pool. With ground floor rooms, you won't have to take an elevator. You could also request a room "close to the Tower." None of the GW rooms though are really very far from the Tower. I'd estimate that the furthest room might be a 3 minute walk and the closest under a minute

Doing OCI only really allows you to add your credit card in advance so you won't have to do it in person. OCI only allows you to choose from a pre-set list of location options, and sometimes those options aren't even relevant to your booking. Always call the WDTC and have any requests added to your reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsgirl36 View Post
We are staying in a Tower Club King room from Jan 27-31st. I am anxious as there are only 2 King rooms on the 14th Floor, one has a tub and one just has a shower. I have requested the room with a tub as I need a tub. The only pictures I can find of the standard rooms on the 14th floor seem to be older. I was wondering if anyone had any updated pictures of any of the standard rooms from the 14th floor. If not then I will add some to the thread when we return :-)

Also, if anyone would like me to take pictures of anything while I am there or check something out for them let me know. :-)
I have hyperlinks in the end of the CL/SUITE section with new Tower Club photos, but there is only a link to the King Tower Club room with the shower. There are only two King rooms, both with MKV so knowing that 4911 is the one with the shower, 4912 would be the one with the tub. The post-rehab photos of 4911 are located HERE. But, if you get 4912, it would be great having those photos on the thread, too.

Have a wonderful vacation!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #3344
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:

I have hyperlinks in the end of the CL/SUITE section with new Tower Club photos, but there is only a link to the King Tower Club room with the shower. There are only two King rooms, both with MKV so knowing that 4911 is the one with the shower, 4912 would be the one with the tub. The post-rehab photos of 4911 are located HERE. But, if you get 4912, it would be great having those photos on the thread, too.

Have a wonderful vacation!
Thanks WDWKOOK, if I get room 4912 I will get pictures and post them for you :-)
Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #3345
yce22princess
Mouseketeer

Another Garden Wing question.....we just recently switched from the GF to CR garden wing for our July trip. With the exception of no balconies, are the rooms identical to those in the tower? We are trying to decide if we want to bump ourselves over to the tower or not. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: