Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #3181
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Let me know when it's official
I sure will .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving break.
Same to you, KOOK .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Mine was nice in that I got a cold, which wouldn't be awesome except for the fact that with every sneeze I was thinking "at least I'm having this now, and now in 10 days while I'm at Disney". Of course, a cold last week does not mean I won't get one next week, but it helped me cope.

8 days!!!
Hope you're feeling better . Have a great trip in 8 days .

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabalana View Post
Thank you sooo much for this thread. It's a wealth of info.
We're going to be at WDW Feb 21- 23 AKL, Feb 23-Mar 1 CR CL. Wahoooooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burg View Post
Checking in tomorrow afternoon! Will report on the refurbished suites soon!

Cheers,
Have a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissafox18 View Post
Changed my ressie for my birthday trip to an Atrium Club room. I'm VERY excited! First time staying club
Congrats on CL.....hope you have a great trip and enjoy CL .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 12-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #3182
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

WDWKOOK,

We are having breakfast at Trail's End one day and will see if we can at some point do the carriage or sled ride so we will be at FW at least once if not twice.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2013, 04:15 AM   #3183
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Behold!

For those of you there now or arriving this week…
Your current (gorgeous) weather report…

Old 12-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #3184
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

So jealous of that gorgeous weather. Hoping for the same sunny skies and 80s next week. So far the 10 day is telling me I'm looking at 75s or so. Even so, better than the 20s I'm rocking up north.

Happy Contemporary Day everyone!

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #3185
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Is this typical that no moderates are discounted? Trying to get a better feel on discounts for our May trip. We are booked at BCV but want to add two days to our trip at CSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Regarding the AP Discount recently released:

(from Mousesavers)
Annual Passholder Room-Only Discounts

Stay dates: 1/4/14 – 4/12/14

Get a substantial discount off regular “Rack” rates. Pricing and savings will vary by resort type and date. Rates not available for all dates, room types and resorts. Minimum stay requirements and/or higher rates may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals.

Sample rates:
•25% off Value resorts (offer excludes Art of Animation - Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, see below)
•37% off Deluxe Resorts: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard/Pool Rooms and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Standard/Woods View Rooms
•37% off Deluxe Villa Resorts: Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Villas, Old Key West Villas and Saratoga Springs

Offer excludes campsites, Art of Animation Resort Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, Villas at Grand Floridian and 3-bedroom villas.

This is a room-only offer. If you would like to add a Dining Plan with these rates, there is a special Annual Passholders package.

Book by 4/12/14.
•To reserve a room with the Annual Passholder discount, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request the Annual Passholder rates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had success booking at BLT with this discount during this time frame? I know in the past I've read that other (non listed) resorts have been available with the AP rate, and it's not listed in the "excluded" section. We're waiting for an AP rate for July, but the fact that BLT hasn't been listed on the last two discounts is making me nervous!

Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #3186
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

There are general public discounts for that period.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #3187
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
You too!!

Mine was nice in that I got a cold, which wouldn't be awesome except for the fact that with every sneeze I was thinking "at least I'm having this now, and now in 10 days while I'm at Disney". Of course, a cold last week does not mean I won't get one next week, but it helped me cope.

8 days!!!
Hope your cold is gone. No one ever wants to be sick on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabalana View Post
Thank you sooo much for this thread. It's a wealth of info.
We're going to be at WDW Feb 21- 23 AKL, Feb 23-Mar 1 CR CL. Wahoooooo!!!
You're welcome and I'll add you to the Log-orail. Are you staying Atrium or Tower Club?

Quote:
Checking in tomorrow afternoon! Will report on the refurbished suites soon!

Cheers,

I would love to be able to post some of your suite photos to the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissafox18 View Post
Changed my ressie for my birthday trip to an Atrium Club room. I'm VERY excited! First time staying club
Perfect birthday present! Happy birthday early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
WDWKOOK,

We are having breakfast at Trail's End one day and will see if we can at some point do the carriage or sled ride so we will be at FW at least once if not twice.
Then you have all of Bay Lake covered. Make sure you have the pulled-pork BBQ Eggs Benedict from the TE buffet. We love it and talk about it all the time. It's even better than The Samoan at Kona.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #3188
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Checking in tomorrow afternoon! Will report on the refurbished suites soon! Cheers,
Oh I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #3189
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Can you add me to the Log-orail too? We have switched from VWL to a 2BR at BLT Lake View for 4/5 through 4/12. Super excited; our first stay at CR/BLT!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #3190
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Can you add me to the Log-orail too? We have switched from VWL to a 2BR at BLT Lake View for 4/5 through 4/12. Super excited; our first stay at CR/BLT!
Our last trip was 2 bdrm lake view at BLT....amazing!!! Have fun!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #3191
burg
Earning My Ears

VP Suite

Here are my first impressions and a few pictures of the Tower Club's VP Suite. It is the first time I am posting pictures, so pardon me if it doesn't work.

Room 4904 looks really nice and is quite spacious.
- Large living room with wet bar, full refrigerator and a full bathroom (walk-in shower + tub) off the foyer
- Equally large master bedroom with a king size bed, with two bathrooms (one equal to the above and one with a very large wal-in shower)
- Second bedroom with another king size bed and full bathroom (walk-in shower + tub)

A few issues let us down a bit; I can provide more later if any one is interested in a more thorough review. All in all, it is being a great experience so far! Still seven more days to go!

Here are the pictures. Feel free to post them in the first page!

Foyer

Living Room

Living Room

Master Bedroom

Master Bath #1

Master Bath #2

Second Bedroom

Cheers,
Old 12-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #3192
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Burg: I would be very interested in knowing what the usurps were. Please post or PM me when you get a chance. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your vacation!!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:08 AM   #3193
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Did you take the boat over from VWL? Glad you found us over here and you're going to love BLT! The villas are beautiful and very spacious with amazing views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappyfamily View Post
Our last trip was 2 bdrm lake view at BLT....amazing!!! Have fun!

Quote:
VP Suite

Here are my first impressions and a few pictures of the Tower Club's VP Suite. It is the first time I am posting pictures, so pardon me if it doesn't work.

Room 4904 looks really nice and is quite spacious.
- Large living room with wet bar, full refrigerator and a full bathroom (walk-in shower + tub) off the foyer
- Equally large master bedroom with a king size bed, with two bathrooms (one equal to the above and one with a very large wal-in shower)
- Second bedroom with another king size bed and full bathroom (walk-in shower + tub)

A few issues let us down a bit; I can provide more later if any one is interested in a more thorough review. All in all, it is being a great experience so far! Still seven more days to go!

Here are the pictures. Feel free to post them in the first page!

Cheers,
Thank you so much for those elusive post-rehab VP photos! I hope the rest of your vacation is relaxing and fun and post whenever you get the chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Burg: I would be very interested in knowing what the usurps were. Please post or PM me when you get a chance. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your vacation!!
I, too would love to read the good, bad, etc… about the Tower Club, suite or CR in general. The information is valuable to many going soon and/or planning trips.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #3194
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Wowsers!!

That room looks amazing. Absolutely.

What is the rack rate on that puppy?

I, too, would be interested in all aspects of your stay. The good, the bad, and the oooooh lordy this is nice.

I check in in 4 days!!

I won't bore you with my run of the mill tower BLV pics. But, I assure you, I will be "living the dream" all week long in our room.

I've got my magic bands, my FP+ booked. Ran into one glitch trying to book a wishes FP+, and the IT CM I talked to was so fun, we had a great convo. She gave me my first bit of Disney Magic for this trip and booked 4 FP+ for me for that day.

In other fun and exciting news, my kids still have absolutely NO idea.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #3195
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27
Wowsers!!

That room looks amazing. Absolutely.

What is the rack rate on that puppy?
I'm pretty sure it's in the "if you have to ask you probably can't afford it" range.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: