Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #3166
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Holiday Snacks at Disney's Contemporary Resort

The completion means the end of this view of construction from the Tower's TPV rooms:

The new bus loop at the Magic Kingdom is now open. In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
~wdwinfo.com

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 11-30-2013 at 08:17 AM. Reason: ADDED BUS STOP COMPLETION INFO.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #3167
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Holiday Snacks at Disney's Contemporary Resort

The completion means the end of this view of construction from the Tower's TPV rooms:

The new bus loop at the Magic Kingdom is now open. In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
~wdwinfo.com
Thanks for this information .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #3168
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

I will be in WDW in 6 days but I am doing a split stay so won't be at CR until the 11th. Thanks for the info, I can't wait!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #3169
flyingcat2003
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Is the Top of the World lounge open to all DVC members or members staying at BLT only?
Old 12-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #3170
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2003 View Post
Is the Top of the World lounge open to all DVC members or members staying at BLT only?
The always awesome WDWKOOK posted this a couple days ago.

All Disney Vacation Club members staying at a Walt Disney World resort -- on a reservation booked using either points or cash -- can access the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower nightly through December 29, 2014. The perk extends to members and others in their traveling party. At least one member must accompany the group and provide a Key to the World card or blue Disney Vacation Club member ID card to gain entrance. Walt Disney World transportation must be used to reach Bay Lake Tower. Parking is only permitted to guests staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower. Lounge access is not available on select blockout dates which currently includes December 30-31, 2013, and July 3-4, 2014. Top of the World Lounge features a full bar, limited menu of appetizers and seating for approximately 77 guests. An outdoor deck is also available to view the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks. Lounge access and seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Admission begins at approximately 5:00pm nightly.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...tended-to-2014

~AllEars

Hope that helps.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:18 AM   #3171
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thanks, Kook. I hope you have a nice, relaxing day with your family as well .

I'm not going to have you add us to the log-orail just yet, but it looks promising that we will be at the CR in the spring . We are booked for the end of March right now, but will probably be changing to the end of May/beginning of June. As soon as we make a final decision, I will let you know if we need to be added .
Let me know when it's official

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thanks for this information .
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
I will be in WDW in 6 days but I am doing a split stay so won't be at CR until the 11th. Thanks for the info, I can't wait!
You're welcome and I just noticed you're doing a Bay Lake split with WL and CR. We've done that same split for Christmas 2010 and with BLT/WL in 2012, but in the reverse order. It's a great split staying on Bay Lake. Can you squeeze FW in there somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2003 View Post
dansdad reposted the most current ToTWL-DVC member access information below from the top of the previous page. Are you planning on going up there sometime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The always awesome WDWKOOK posted this a couple days ago.

All Disney Vacation Club members staying at a Walt Disney World resort -- on a reservation booked using either points or cash -- can access the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower nightly through December 29, 2014. The perk extends to members and others in their traveling party. At least one member must accompany the group and provide a Key to the World card or blue Disney Vacation Club member ID card to gain entrance. Walt Disney World transportation must be used to reach Bay Lake Tower. Parking is only permitted to guests staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower. Lounge access is not available on select blockout dates which currently includes December 30-31, 2013, and July 3-4, 2014. Top of the World Lounge features a full bar, limited menu of appetizers and seating for approximately 77 guests. An outdoor deck is also available to view the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks. Lounge access and seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Admission begins at approximately 5:00pm nightly.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...tended-to-2014

~AllEars

Hope that helps.
Thank you and YES! It helps

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 12-02-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #3172
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you and YES! It helps
Old 12-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #3173
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving break.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #3174
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving break.
You too!!

Mine was nice in that I got a cold, which wouldn't be awesome except for the fact that with every sneeze I was thinking "at least I'm having this now, and now in 10 days while I'm at Disney". Of course, a cold last week does not mean I won't get one next week, but it helped me cope.

8 days!!!

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #3175
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Regarding the AP Discount recently released:

(from Mousesavers)
Annual Passholder Room-Only Discounts

Stay dates: 1/4/14 – 4/12/14

Get a substantial discount off regular “Rack” rates. Pricing and savings will vary by resort type and date. Rates not available for all dates, room types and resorts. Minimum stay requirements and/or higher rates may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals.

Sample rates:
•25% off Value resorts (offer excludes Art of Animation - Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, see below)
•37% off Deluxe Resorts: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard/Pool Rooms and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Standard/Woods View Rooms
•37% off Deluxe Villa Resorts: Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Villas, Old Key West Villas and Saratoga Springs

Offer excludes campsites, Art of Animation Resort Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, Villas at Grand Floridian and 3-bedroom villas.

This is a room-only offer. If you would like to add a Dining Plan with these rates, there is a special Annual Passholders package.

Book by 4/12/14.
•To reserve a room with the Annual Passholder discount, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request the Annual Passholder rates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had success booking at BLT with this discount during this time frame? I know in the past I've read that other (non listed) resorts have been available with the AP rate, and it's not listed in the "excluded" section. We're waiting for an AP rate for July, but the fact that BLT hasn't been listed on the last two discounts is making me nervous!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 12-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #3176
danabalana
Mouseketeer

Thank you sooo much for this thread. It's a wealth of info.
We're going to be at WDW Feb 21- 23 AKL, Feb 23-Mar 1 CR CL. Wahoooooo!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #3177
burg
Earning My Ears

Checking in tomorrow afternoon! Will report on the refurbished suites soon!

Cheers,
Old 12-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #3178
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Regarding the AP Discount recently released:

(from Mousesavers)
Annual Passholder Room-Only Discounts

Stay dates: 1/4/14 – 4/12/14

Get a substantial discount off regular “Rack” rates. Pricing and savings will vary by resort type and date. Rates not available for all dates, room types and resorts. Minimum stay requirements and/or higher rates may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals.

Sample rates:
•25% off Value resorts (offer excludes Art of Animation - Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, see below)
•37% off Deluxe Resorts: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard/Pool Rooms and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Standard/Woods View Rooms
•37% off Deluxe Villa Resorts: Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Villas, Old Key West Villas and Saratoga Springs

Offer excludes campsites, Art of Animation Resort Little Mermaid Standard Rooms, Villas at Grand Floridian and 3-bedroom villas.

This is a room-only offer. If you would like to add a Dining Plan with these rates, there is a special Annual Passholders package.

Book by 4/12/14.
•To reserve a room with the Annual Passholder discount, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request the Annual Passholder rates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had success booking at BLT with this discount during this time frame? I know in the past I've read that other (non listed) resorts have been available with the AP rate, and it's not listed in the "excluded" section. We're waiting for an AP rate for July, but the fact that BLT hasn't been listed on the last two discounts is making me nervous!
It says SAMPLE RATES so I would say YES BLT would be included because it is not mentioned as excluded. You can always call and ask CRO to be sure
Old 12-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #3179
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

Changed my ressie for my birthday trip to an Atrium Club room. I'm VERY excited! First time staying club
Old 12-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #3180
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post

It says SAMPLE RATES so I would say YES BLT would be included because it is not mentioned as excluded. You can always call and ask CRO to be sure
Thank you! Good catch! That's what I get for skimming it, haha! Fingers crossed!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: