Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #3106
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Joining in....

Just confirmed the dates for a mother daughter spring week end at the CR!

Haven't stayed at the CR in a few years...but after reading about the room renovations...and just the general excitement here about this WDW classic we have decided to head back to where we started many years ago...

And we are very excited!!

Old 11-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #3107
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I just did a little searching on wdw.com
Sept 20-27 has a LOT open
Sept 27-Oct 4 has a LOT open
Oct 4-11 has quite a bit open, all 2 bedroom categories are unavailable, though
Oct 11-18 Everything is available except standard view in all categories
Oct 18-25 is showing no availability which means it should be the next week to open up...hopefully SOON! Keep checking every day! From what we could tell it seemed to update on Saturdays, but there wasn't any exact science to it!

Sometimes you have to be your own advocate! The phone CMs and every thread on here kept telling me 7-8 months too, but I just kept persisting and checking. Another DISer and I were watching for the weeks right next to each other, so we'd PM each other and keep an eye out. It was a lot of work, but worth it to know we have exactly what we hoped for!

Here's the thread Hope it helps!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137255
I would say the lack of availability for week of 18-25 Oct is that it just opened up to BLT owners 11mo out since I booked this week for a 19 Oct arrival. And since Oct is the heart of wine and food I would also venture a guess that many owners are using their points during this time.

I have also stalked the res system at various times for AK and CR when I was out of DVC points....just be ready to call everyday to check !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #3108
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

We just returned from an amazing stay (our first) in a grand villa at BLT. We are hooked, especially my husband who now refuses to stay anywhere else. Everything at BLT and the Contemporary was amazing and so convenient.

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Old 11-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #3109
Montana Minnies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
We just returned from an amazing stay (our first) in a grand villa at BLT. We are hooked, especially my husband who now refuses to stay anywhere else. Everything at BLT and the Contemporary was amazing and so convenient.
Isn't it Magical though? We stayed in a GV for the first time January 3-10, 2012 and will be going back Dec. 13-20, 2014. Can hardly wait. My brother, who says he isn't a mouse fan, was sold when he saw the view of the castle. He wanted to know if we couldn't have the exact same Villa when we go back.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #3110
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Joining in....

Haven't stayed at the CR in a few years...but after reading about the room renovations...and just the general excitement here about this WDW classic we have decided to head back to where we started many years ago...

Hi Blue . Congrats on booking the CR for next spring. We are currently booked for March, but may be changing our dates....only time will tell.....LOL. I'm sure you will have a magical trip .

Quote:
Glad you had a nice stay . We are trying the CR for the first time in March and I'm very excited to stay there .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #3111
Babsy
DIS Veteran

another logorail entry!!

We are returning to the CR Jan 29 - Feb 1 AL CL BLV! Last time we had TPV and it was amazing! LOVED watching the MVMCP fireworks from our balcony. You really did feel on top of the world up there! PLUS: We are hooked on the convenience and comfort of the CR!

HOWEVER, Thought we'd try the BLV this time around, using the lounge for our view of MK and fireworks. Will we be disappointed? Any thoughts?

Sorry, just a little bit insecure about trying the BLV side and giving up the view of the castle.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #3112
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
We are returning to the CR Jan 29 - Feb 1 AL CL BLV! Last time we had TPV and it was amazing! LOVED watching the MVMCP fireworks from our balcony. You really did feel on top of the world up there! PLUS: We are hooked on the convenience and comfort of the CR!

HOWEVER, Thought we'd try the BLV this time around, using the lounge for our view of MK and fireworks. Will we be disappointed? Any thoughts?

Sorry, just a little bit insecure about trying the BLV side and giving up the view of the castle.
I can't say whether or not you'll be disappointed as everyone's opinion is different and we haven't even stayed at the CR yet, but I had that same thought about booking BLV CL vs TPV CL. BLV CL seems like the perfect combination as the views over bay lake look amazing (not to mention it's cheaper than TPV) and the lounge has a great view of the castle, but I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome it would be to see the castle from our own balcony. Needless to say, we are booked TPV CL for March .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #3113
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I can't say whether or not you'll be disappointed as everyone's opinion is different and we haven't even stayed at the CR yet, but I had that same thought about booking BLV CL vs TPV CL. BLV CL seems like the perfect combination as the views over bay lake look amazing (not to mention it's cheaper than TPV) and the lounge has a great view of the castle, but I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome it would be to see the castle from our own balcony. Needless to say, we are booked TPV CL for March .
Lol!! My thoughts exactly!! Yes, lake view is less expensive, but......to lay in your bed at night and watch the colors on the Castle....PRICELESS!!. Enjoy!!!

We'll be staying at the BLT in March in a 1 bedroom....MK view of course.

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been hooked ever since!

2014 TRIPS: March BLT 1 BDRM TPV, Nov BLT 2 BDRM
NEXT TRIP: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM
Old 11-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #3114
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
I would say the lack of availability for week of 18-25 Oct is that it just opened up to BLT owners 11mo out since I booked this week for a 19 Oct arrival. And since Oct is the heart of wine and food I would also venture a guess that many owners are using their points during this time.

I have also stalked the res system at various times for AK and CR when I was out of DVC points....just be ready to call everyday to check !
Actually, it looks as though my "data" is holding true. Today is the 23, and it's showing availability through October 24 as the check OUT date just like I posted previously...11 months from your check OUT date (and often it allowed up to the date after that.) The PP has a check out date of October 25, so that week should be available for booking through CRO in the next day or two. Fingers crossed! This summer it varied a little...sometimes it updated daily, and sometimes weekly, so hopefully it'll be tomorrow!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 11-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #3115
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
Well, a Garden Wing room opened today, so I have that booked for October 18-25, 2014. Of course, I had to call because MDE was giving me an error about the ages of my kids (????) and wouldn't let me book. Interestingly, the reservations staff told me that they don't get the BLT room inventory until 8-10 month before booking. I'm still going to keep looking for them this week, though, because we all know how accurate the phone CMs are.

It is nice knowing we have our place saved, at least!
At least you booked something and I bet you'll be switched over to BLT soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Joining in....

How sweet to be going with your DD to CR. You're both going to have a great time and the resort is still amazing.

Quote:
It's great having DH hooked and you'll have to book your return trip soon. Will you stay in another GV or something smaller? Will you be posting any GV photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Minnies View Post
Isn't it Magical though? We stayed in a GV for the first time January 3-10, 2012 and will be going back Dec. 13-20, 2014. Can hardly wait. My brother, who says he isn't a mouse fan, was sold when he saw the view of the castle. He wanted to know if we couldn't have the exact same Villa when we go back.
I hope you get the same villa next year. Are you going to request it for your DB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post

You will not be disappointed! BLV is our favorite view. There isn't a parking lot below - just Bay Lake, the birds flying around Discovery Island, the marina/pool…it's perfect. And, every time you go to the lounge, you can enjoy the TPV - it's the best of both worlds. We requested BLV for our Tower Club stay next summer. I know we're in the minority, be we prefer the view. I'll add you to the Log-orail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Actually, it looks as though my "data" is holding true. Today is the 23, and it's showing availability through October 24 as the check OUT date just like I posted previously...11 months from your check OUT date (and often it allowed up to the date after that.) The PP has a check out date of October 25, so that week should be available for booking through CRO in the next day or two. Fingers crossed! This summer it varied a little...sometimes it updated daily, and sometimes weekly, so hopefully it'll be tomorrow!
Great detective work, Nancy Drew
Old 11-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #3116
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
At least you booked something and I bet you'll be switched over to BLT soon

How sweet to be going with your DD to CR. You're both going to have a great time and the resort is still amazing.

It's great having DH hooked and you'll have to book your return trip soon. Will you stay in another GV or something smaller? Will you be posting any GV photos?

I hope you get the same villa next year. Are you going to request it for your DB?

You will not be disappointed! BLV is our favorite view. There isn't a parking lot below - just Bay Lake, the birds flying around Discovery Island, the marina/pool…it's perfect. And, every time you go to the lounge, you can enjoy the TPV - it's the best of both worlds. We requested BLV for our Tower Club stay next summer. I know we're in the minority, be we prefer the view. I'll add you to the Log-orail.

Great detective work, Nancy Drew
Ha!!!! It's the only way to get it if you aren't DVC! If I have to be Nancy Drew, then so be it
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 11-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #3117
shelleylmu
Earning My Ears

Do you need an ADR for breakfast at Wave? We'll have 8 people. Not quite sure what day we want to go but would like to check out the buffet one morning since it seems like about the least expensive breakfast buffet on property.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #3118
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Minnies View Post
Yes, very magical We were in GV 8424. I'm sure your brother will be hooked too!!!!

Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #3119
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Glad you had a nice stay . We are trying the CR for the first time in March and I'm very excited to stay there .
Thank you. And have a great trip

Old 11-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #3120
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It's great having DH hooked and you'll have to book your return trip soon. Will you stay in another GV or something smaller? Will you be posting any GV photos? Drew
Dh said he would love to stay in another GV, but if we stay in a 2 bedroom instead then he said we could stay for 2 extra nights. I would rather stay for the extra nights, but that means that we would not have my sister and mother in law come with us on the trip, just dh, myself and our 4 kids.
I will post a few pictures now from my cell phone, and will post better ones when I download them from my camera

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: