Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #3046
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
Thank you for saving me the fax fees! The owner did call it in. Should I complete online registration too?
You're welcome. You can if you want to. Just skip the section where you would make room requests. If you make any requests via the online check in process, it will wipe out any requests you called in.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #3047
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #3048
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thank you to your DH for his service .
Awww, thank you on Mr. KOOK's behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
We are here in the CR now. It looks like any theme park view should have a great view of the monorail. All the rooms face the same general direction. It might be a little better to be on a higher floor. We are high and we have a great view!
I hope your having a wonderful vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You're welcome. You can if you want to. Just skip the section where you would make room requests. If you make any requests via the online check in process, it will wipe out any requests you called in.
OCI requests will not override any requests you've already placed in your reservation. I confirmed in person in August with a Room Assignor that they do in fact see all requests as a list. This can make for a long list for the RA of sometimes duplicative requests, but they do see them all.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #3049
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
OCI requests will not override any requests you've already placed in your reservation. I confirmed in person in August with a Room Assignor that they do in fact see all requests as a list. This can make for a long list for the RA of sometimes duplicative requests, but they do see them all.
Thanks Kook. I was given bad information.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #3050
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Thanks Kook. I was given bad information.
That happens from time to time here on the interwebs. I read somewhere the same thing you did so that's why I asked an actual, real, live Room Assignor at WL and he set me straight.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #3051
WDWKOOK

As a special treat, Tables in Wonderland Members may now enjoy Complimentary Valet Parking at Downtown Disney® Area through January 1, 2014!

Here are some things you need to know about valet parking at Downtown Disney® Area, as terms and conditions do apply:

- Complimentary valet parking is for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating restaurants at Downtown Disney® area.
- One vehicle per membership card .
- Present your membership card with a valid dining receipt from the participating Downtown Disney® restaurant at the valet stand upon retrieving your vehicle.
- Valet parking service is available from 4pm-2am daily.
- Valet Parking can be accessed via Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney® West Side.
- If a member would like to take advantage of the valet parking service but will not be dining at a participating Tables in Wonderland restaurant, the price is $15 per vehicle, gratuity accepted.
- There will be a charge for parking and valet services on Tables in Wonderland blockout dates. For a full list of blockout days and program policies, please visit
www.tablesinwonderland.com
Old 11-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #3052
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwkook View Post
so cute!!!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 11-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #3053
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
As a special treat, Tables in Wonderland Members may now enjoy Complimentary Valet Parking at Downtown Disney® Area through January 1, 2014!

Here are some things you need to know about valet parking at Downtown Disney® Area, as terms and conditions do apply:

- Complimentary valet parking is for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating restaurants at Downtown Disney® area.
- One vehicle per membership card .
- Present your membership card with a valid dining receipt from the participating Downtown Disney® restaurant at the valet stand upon retrieving your vehicle.
- Valet parking service is available from 4pm-2am daily.
- Valet Parking can be accessed via Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney® West Side.
- If a member would like to take advantage of the valet parking service but will not be dining at a participating Tables in Wonderland restaurant, the price is $15 per vehicle, gratuity accepted.
- There will be a charge for parking and valet services on Tables in Wonderland blockout dates. For a full list of blockout days and program policies, please visit
www.tablesinwonderland.com

Thanks for this info!!!

Laura

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 11-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #3054
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That happens from time to time here on the interwebs. I read somewhere the same thing you did so that's why I asked an actual, real, live Room Assignor at WL and he set me straight.
And I thought I had gone to a good enough source, the GM at CBR.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #3055
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Wow! Are we ever having a great time! The CR is wonderful! It has such comfortable rooms nod amazing views and is so convenient. DH sys he has a new favourite! We have now moved to YC CL and it doesn't fare well in comparison to the CR. E like everything about the CR better - even the pool, surprisingly. We enjoyed sitting poolside and looking out over Bay Lake.

Thanks to everyone who helped us with info on the CR and helped us to decide to try it out again. We are thrilled and plan to stay here again next visit.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #3056
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww, thank you on Mr. KOOK's behalf.

BTW.....love the pin you posted above .

Quote:
Wow! Are we ever having a great time! The CR is wonderful! It has such comfortable rooms nod amazing views and is so convenient. DH sys he has a new favourite! We have now moved to YC CL and it doesn't fare well in comparison to the CR. E like everything about the CR better - even the pool, surprisingly. We enjoyed sitting poolside and looking out over Bay Lake.

Thanks to everyone who helped us with info on the CR and helped us to decide to try it out again. We are thrilled and plan to stay here again next visit.
Glad you're having a great time and enjoying the CR. We've never stayed at the CR, but we are contemplating a stay there sometime next year .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #3057
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you're having a great time!!! Can't wait to stay at CR in August!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #3058
princessap
DIS Veteran

I am having an internal debate with myself and thought this was the best place to ask this question.

We are planning to rent points for BLT for next September and my plan was to use someone on the boards here who I have been in touch with and book in February at the 7 month mark. I have been reading on here about lots of people booking already for September and am now worried that I should be booking now.

Would you go ahead and book now thru David's for a standard view or lake view or would you wait and use someone on the boards here and book lake view for 3$ less per point??? I am worried we won't be able to secure a reservation if we wait so am wondering if I should just go ahead and book now????
Old 11-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #3059
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am having an internal debate with myself and thought this was the best place to ask this question.

We are planning to rent points for BLT for next September and my plan was to use someone on the boards here who I have been in touch with and book in February at the 7 month mark. I have been reading on here about lots of people booking already for September and am now worried that I should be booking now.

Would you go ahead and book now thru David's for a standard view or lake view or would you wait and use someone on the boards here and book lake view for 3$ less per point??? I am worried we won't be able to secure a reservation if we wait so am wondering if I should just go ahead and book now????
There are already a couple of days during your trip dates that standard view is sold out (I just looked). You should have no problem booking a lake view studio at seven months out. But, when it comes to booking DVC, you should always have a clear Plan B in case things don't work out exactly as planned.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 11-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #3060
princessap
DIS Veteran

I had someone check yesterday and all the days were there Missy....did you check September 21-25 BLT one bedroom?? if they are you just helped me decide to book now!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: