Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #3031
jesster
Earning My Ears

Hi! I'm adding to the list of questions that needs answering by CR pros!

Can you see the monorails running from CR TPV rooms?

TIA!

Dreaming of our next trip... April 2015?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #3032
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesster View Post
Hi! I'm adding to the list of questions that needs answering by CR pros!

Can you see the monorails running from CR TPV rooms?

TIA!
You can if you look down
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #3033
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Hi! I'm adding to the list of questions that needs answering by CR pros! Can you see the monorails running from CR TPV rooms? TIA!
Yes. From your balcony you can see the monorail going from the MK into the building of the CR and also the monorail across the way going around to the GF and back to the MK.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #3034
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Question about the floorplan I am looking for some clarification on.

We have a dedicated two bedroom. Is it correct that we will have one bedroom with two queens, a sofa slepper in the den, a convertible recliner in the den, a king in the master and a fold out love seat in the master?

I see different things regarding what else is in the master in addition to the king bed.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #3035
jesster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw21726 View Post

You can if you look down
Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Yes. From your balcony you can see the monorail going from the MK into the building of the CR and also the monorail across the way going around to the GF and back to the MK.
Thanks for the responses!

One more... Are there any rooms/floors that have a better angle for viewing the monorail? Or a certain room request I should make for the best monorail view? Thanks, all!!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #3036
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
Question about the floorplan I am looking for some clarification on.

We have a dedicated two bedroom. Is it correct that we will have one bedroom with two queens, a sofa slepper in the den, a convertible recliner in the den, a king in the master and a fold out love seat in the master?

I see different things regarding what else is in the master in addition to the king bed.
A dedicated two bedroom villa at BLT will have a king bed in the master bedroom, two queen beds in the second bedroom, one queen sleeper sofa in the living room and one twin sized sleeper chair (not a recliner) in the living room. No love seat in the master bedroom (anywhere in DVC villas).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #3037
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebrown96 View Post
Quick questions about walking places.

First, is it possible to walk from CR to the TTC? And second, how does the walk to Contempo Cafe from a GW room compare to a walk from some of the more distant longhouses at Poly to Capt. Cooks?

Last year, we stayed at Poly and the longhouse we were in was about the same distance from the TTC as the GCH, which we thought was idea - so easy to get pretty much anywhere. I know the TTC is just one monorail stop away from the CR, but is it walkable, as well? And on our last trip, DH would often pop to Capt. Cooks and grab coffe and/or breakfast items to bring back to our room while DD and I finished getting ready - I'm assuming the walk from the GW to CC isn't that much further.

Thanks!
You cannot walk from the CR to the TTC. You'll need to take the monorail or cab. You can walk to the MK from the CR.

We stayed in Tahiti many years ago and also in the South Wing bldg at CR. I think the South Wing building was closer to the counter service (other than taking the elevator/escalator) than Tahiti was to Capt Cooks.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #3038
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebrown96 View Post
Quick questions about walking places.

First, is it possible to walk from CR to the TTC? And second, how does the walk to Contempo Cafe from a GW room compare to a walk from some of the more distant longhouses at Poly to Capt. Cooks?

Last year, we stayed at Poly and the longhouse we were in was about the same distance from the TTC as the GCH, which we thought was idea - so easy to get pretty much anywhere. I know the TTC is just one monorail stop away from the CR, but is it walkable, as well? And on our last trip, DH would often pop to Capt. Cooks and grab coffe and/or breakfast items to bring back to our room while DD and I finished getting ready - I'm assuming the walk from the GW to CC isn't that much further.

Thanks!
Just adding on to Deb's post…unlike Poly, there is a covered walkway in between the GW and the Tower, so if it's raining, you won't get wet. DH will need to take either the elevator up to the 4th floor or some outside stairs and then the escalator up to the 4th floor. Unlike Poly, Contempo isn't on the ground floor. That's really the only big difference.

As Deb said, the easiest way to the TTC is by monorail as it's the first stop. You could also walk to the MK and take the ferry, but unless the monorail isn't operating, this method would take much longer.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #3039
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Wishing all our Veterans a magical day and thanking each and every one of you

Old 11-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #3040
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Wishing all our Veterans a magical day and thanking each and every one of you
Thank you to your DH for his service .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #3041
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the responses!

One more... Are there any rooms/floors that have a better angle for viewing the monorail? Or a certain room request I should make for the best monorail view? Thanks, all!!
We are here in the CR now. It looks like any theme park view should have a great view of the monorail. All the rooms face the same general direction. It might be a little better to be on a higher floor. We are high and we have a great view!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #3042
jesster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post

We are here in the CR now. It looks like any theme park view should have a great view of the monorail. All the rooms face the same general direction. It might be a little better to be on a higher floor. We are high and we have a great view!
Yippee! Thank you!

Enjoy your trip!!!

Old 11-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #3043
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

I could use help from the experts on this thread! I can't decide how to make room requests for my upcoming 1-bedroom BLT Bay Lake View room.

I want to see MK from the balcony which means I should request an even number room, correct?

Ideally I would also like to be at the same level as the sky bridge.

What is the best way to make these requests? Online check in has only a few choices. Should I send my preferences via fax? Wait until I arrive?

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Old 11-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #3044
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
I could use help from the experts on this thread! I can't decide how to make room requests for my upcoming 1-bedroom BLT Bay Lake View room.

I want to see MK from the balcony which means I should request an even number room, correct?

Ideally I would also like to be at the same level as the sky bridge.

What is the best way to make these requests? Online check in has only a few choices. Should I send my preferences via fax? Wait until I arrive?
It is always best to call and have your requests added to your reservation. If you are renting points, the owner will have to make that call for you. The only 2 resorts in all of WDW that still read and act upon faxed requests are POR and POFQ.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #3045
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
It is always best to call and have your requests added to your reservation. If you are renting points, the owner will have to make that call for you. The only 2 resorts in all of WDW that still read and act upon faxed requests are POR and POFQ.
Thank you for saving me the fax fees! The owner did call it in. Should I complete online registration too?

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: