Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #2986
princessap
DIS Veteran

I did not go thru davids, am waiting to book with someone at 7 months for less $ per point. But I am starting to get worried and thinking I should book thru Davids?!?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #2987
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I did not go thru davids, am waiting to book with someone at 7 months for less $ per point. But I am starting to get worried and thinking I should book thru Davids?!?
I booked 6 months out and it was fine, and much less expensive.

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #2988
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
I booked 6 months out and it was fine, and much less expensive.
i am looking for last week in september, should I be worried.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #2989
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As long as you're good with lake view, you should be fine.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #2990
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, I wouldn't think so. I booked a MK view in May for a November visit.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #2991
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reassurance, with people posting for my dates I was getting nervous that I should book now.
I would prefer std view but if I wait to book I can get lake view for the same price davids charges for std. So that was my thinking.

I am really set on staying here now and will be disappointef if we dont get it.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #2992
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance, with people posting for my dates I was getting nervous that I should book now. I would prefer std view but if I wait to book I can get lake view for the same price davids charges for std. So that was my thinking. I am really set on staying here now and will be disappointef if we dont get it.
That's a good way to look at it, especially if you don't care about getting a MK view.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #2993
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a good way to look at it, especially if you don't care about getting a MK view.
Thanks! I dont care for the mk view as we wont be in the room at night to really take advantage of it. I have read that lake view is preferred by some over mk view too. My dh wanted a condo and I wanted onsite so this is our compromise! lol.

I cannot wait for our daughters to see it when we get there!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #2994
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Your only problem is you are running into the start of F&W Festival. BLT is a good place to stay for F&W because you can take the monorail to get to Epcot.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #2995
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Your only problem is you are running into the start of F&W Festival. BLT is a good place to stay for F&W because you can take the monorail to get to Epcot.
we are planning on being at BLT the 21-25 which is the week before F&W starts...should I be booking now?? we are doing a split stay with AKV as the second part of our stay.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:15 AM   #2996
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I shall return later for some multi-quoting Halloween madness...
Old 10-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #2997
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
We have just booked a tower room for seven nights next August, are there any preferred locations / floors I should request? Have all the CR rooms now been refurbished? Its our first time at the CR, looking forward to it!
Welcome and congratulations! All of the Tower rooms were rehabbed March 2013. We prefer being on a high floor, away from CM. What view did you book? You're going to love CR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedisney50 View Post
Can we get 2 high chairs at blt? Should we request them at check-in? We arrive in 11 days.
You can either ask at check-in (if your room is ready) or you can call housekeeping from your room. Your trip is coming up SOON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTyde View Post
We will be checking into the CR on 2/22/14, and I can't wait! It will be our first stay in a monorail resort!
Welcome and you're going to love your first monorail resort stay, but don't frget about the walkway to the MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We always request a high floor away from Chef Mickey. This puts is away from the noise in the morning as we are NOT a rope drop family And also closer to the MK! Our views have been amazing on both the TPV and BLV side.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Great minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
I posted this elsewhere but wanted to ask here too! i tried to make a reservation for veterans day weekend 2014 and was told that the ONLY rooms available are club level! Is it possible that the whole resort is sold out? What could cause that? I am so disappointed! There are rooms available at Poly and GF for my dates so what is going on at CR? I really wanted to try it this time Help!!
They probably aren't booked, they just haven't released inventory for non-CL rooms that are booked in great numbers by conventions. Keep checking and don't give-up. They will most likely soon release non-CL inventory for November 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
CR is a convention resort, maybe there is one that weekend.
This can happen and also, because CR is a convention resort, they sometimes hold back rooms and don't release inventory as quickly as other resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
We'll be heading to CR for a short stay 1/22-1/25. Booked a BLV for 2 adults/2 kids. So excited. This will be my first deluxe resort. Celebrating my birthday a little late (Jan 8) and DHs a little early (Feb 19).
Make sure to note your birthdays in your reservation and I'll add your dates to the Log-orail

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopmom View Post
Subscribing! I booked a studio at BLT for 9/2/14-9/6/14 through David's also! They got it just a couple of days after the 11 month mark!

Kathy
Welcome to the thread and happy planning, Kathy

Quote:
Probably a silly question but....where can you see the Electrical water pageant?
In the Recreation section on the first page, I have a list of locations:

ELECTRICAL WATER PAGEANT:

Every evening at 10:10 PM, Disneys Electrical Water Pageant stops in front of the CR/BLT. The 14 illuminated floats, accompanied by music, was created for the dedication of the Polynesian Resort in October 1971 and it can be viewed from the Bay Lake side of the CR Tower and Bay Lake Tower, the beach, the dock for the Blue Flag boat launches and from the Garden Wing rooms that front Bay Lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
If you have room on the Bay Lake side, from your balcony. Otherwise you can go down to the beach area to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Love that BLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by syp4dis View Post
Hi everyone, just changed my reservation from Poly to CR CL TPV. We've never stayed at CR, but decided to switch rather then spend the next 9 months obsessing whether or not the Volcano Pool would be open.

Thanks to everyone here for posting their great CR and CR CL experiences. I was concerned it may not be as nice as the Poly, but no longer. After reading through this thread the last few days, I'm psyched and ready to go. If only I didn't have such a long wait, but it'll be fun planning and reading along with you all.

We're staying Aug 17-24. Please keep sharing about your trips!
Aloha and welcome to the CR/BLT thread! I'll add your dates to the log. While there's lots of information on the first two pages to help you plan your first stay, feel free to ask any questions that might come up. You're going to love having practically everything under one roof in the Tower and the walkway to the MK is so convenient.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #2998
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

I've always watched the Electrical Water Pageant from my balcony on the TPV side. I guess I'm watching it when it's playing for the GF but it seems fine to me. Is there anything different about watching it from BLV?
Old 10-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #2999
cgh
Mouseketeer

In the last 48 hours, I have made I think 3 room changes, and am now, finally booked in a 1 bedroom villa at BLT 4/26-5/3 2014. (we were at the Poly, then switched to a studio, then a garden standard, then, finally, the 1 bedroom villa). Haven't been to WDW for 25 years!

ETA: Is there anything I should request room wise? We are in a lake view. We will be back in the room for naps in the afternoon.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #3000
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I've always watched the Electrical Water Pageant from my balcony on the TPV side. I guess I'm watching it when it's playing for the GF but it seems fine to me. Is there anything different about watching it from BLV?
Let's see…from a BLV room it's much closer, later at night, louder and not backwards. There's really nothing "wrong" at all with watching it from a TPV room so enjoy and thanks for mentioning that you can also see it from a TPV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
In the last 48 hours, I have made I think 3 room changes, and am now, finally booked in a 1 bedroom villa at BLT 4/26-5/3 2014. (we were at the Poly, then switched to a studio, then a garden standard, then, finally, the 1 bedroom villa). Haven't been to WDW for 25 years!

ETA: Is there anything I should request room wise? We are in a lake view. We will be back in the room for naps in the afternoon.
I'll add you to the Log-orail and congratulations! We loved staying in a one bedroom at BLT and we also had a LV. We requested an outer villa, facing the marina. There are also outer LV villas on the North side, closest to MK. You can see some of MK to the left in those rooms. The BLT room view/number thread has a schematic showing all the room locations which may help you with a general location request. Let us know if you think you might make more changes
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: