Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #2971
jennab
Mouseketeer

Good luck princessap!!! Mine was for a studio so smaller number of points which may be why it came through sooner. I'm sure you will get it though!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #2972
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks. Fingers crossed we do! I am so excited to try BLT. The cr is my dream place to try so am sooo excited!! Will be more excited when it is booked though!
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #2973
parkhopmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab View Post
princessap - I booked with David's. They didn't have a BLT member right away with points for the 11 month mark but 2 days later they found someone. I am on a wait list for the second part if our stay at BCV until they can get someone with enough points to book this early. Have you tried them?
Subscribing! I booked a studio at BLT for 9/2/14-9/6/14 through David's also! They got it just a couple of days after the 11 month mark!

Kathy
Old 10-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #2974
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Probably a silly question but....where can you see the Electrical water pageant?

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Old 10-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #2975
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
Probably a silly question but....where can you see the Electrical water pageant?
If you have room on the Bay Lake side, from your balcony. Otherwise you can go down to the beach area to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #2976
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopmom View Post
Subscribing! I booked a studio at BLT for 9/2/14-9/6/14 through David's also! They got it just a couple of days after the 11 month mark!

Kathy
I am surprised you have been successful with davids. I have a friend waiting to hear back about booking a one bedroom for next september and no luck.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #2977
parkhopmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am surprised you have been successful with davids. I have a friend waiting to hear back about booking a one bedroom for next september and no luck.
Actually, they were the second company I contacted. The first didn't have points for a studio at BLT and suggested I wait until 7 months out, so I contacted David's right away and they had it within a couple of days. Maybe the studio is easier than a one bedroom? Good luck to your friend!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #2978
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
If you have room on the Bay Lake side, from your balcony. Otherwise you can go down to the beach area to watch it. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you!!!!

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Old 10-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #2979
cgh
Mouseketeer

I'm contemplating changing to the contemporary from the poly due to the construction. Can someone tell me what are the pluses/minuses of BLT v. the garden rooms? What category of rooms is in the part where the monorail goes through? I see there is a big upcharge for BLT.

I have not been to WDW in 25 years (when I was a kid) and will be bringing a 5 yo and infant. We will come back to the room in the afternoon for naps/pool time.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #2980
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
I'm contemplating changing to the contemporary from the poly due to the construction. Can someone tell me what are the pluses/minuses of BLT v. the garden rooms? What category of rooms is in the part where the monorail goes through? I see there is a big upcharge for BLT.

I have not been to WDW in 25 years (when I was a kid) and will be bringing a 5 yo and infant. We will come back to the room in the afternoon for naps/pool time.
One plus for you, you can walk to and from the MK and BLT (or CR). You can get the monorail at the CR to go to the TTC and catch another to Epcot. And the pool at BLT is fun for kids.

Just avoid a studio at BLT. They are very small. More suitable for a couple or a couple with one small child. Go with the one bedroom villa.

You'll need to head over to the CR (just take the overhead bridge) to dine if you don't use your own kitchen.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #2981
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
I'm contemplating changing to the contemporary from the poly due to the construction. Can someone tell me what are the pluses/minuses of BLT v. the garden rooms? What category of rooms is in the part where the monorail goes through? I see there is a big upcharge for BLT. I have not been to WDW in 25 years (when I was a kid) and will be bringing a 5 yo and infant. We will come back to the room in the afternoon for naps/pool time.
There are 3 buildings at The Contemporary (CR). The main tower (that the monorail goes through), the garden wing, which is a 3 story building adjacent to the CR, and BLT which is the vacation club villas, BLT and CR are "connected" via a sky bridge between the two.

Hope that helps a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #2982
syp4dis
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone, just changed my reservation from Poly to CR CL TPV. We've never stayed at CR, but decided to switch rather then spend the next 9 months obsessing whether or not the Volcano Pool would be open.

Thanks to everyone here for posting their great CR and CR CL experiences. I was concerned it may not be as nice as the Poly, but no longer. After reading through this thread the last few days, I'm psyched and ready to go. If only I didn't have such a long wait, but it'll be fun planning and reading along with you all.

We're staying Aug 17-24. Please keep sharing about your trips!

2014 GF/CR
2011 Yacht Club,
2009 Poly
2005 GF
2003 WL

2003 Swan
1977 Offsite
Old 10-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #2983
peaches0313
Mouseketeer

I literally JUST heard from David's that they secured my reservation at BLT for next September! I am SO excited! This will be our 1st trip to WDW.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #2984
princessap
DIS Veteran

that is awesome peaches!!!!

All you guys being successful makes me want to try Davids!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #2985
jennab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches0313 View Post
I literally JUST heard from David's that they secured my reservation at BLT for next September! I am SO excited! This will be our 1st trip to WDW.
Awesome!!! We will also be there late Sept and booked through Davids

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
that is awesome peaches!!!!

All you guys being successful makes me want to try Davids!!!
It will come through! Did you go through David's (I thought you did?). You could also check out the rent/trade board. I've seen some on there for BLT.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: