Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #2941
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
New DIS Park Bench video of the CR and Seven Seas Lagoon as seen from the Poly boat dock...with Polynesian music (and construction trucks beeping in the background). ENJOY!
Thanks for posting that.

Especially because I was thinking that the Polynesian wouldn't be that bad during construction, would it? That beeping reminded me what construction entails....

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #2942
Poohsmommi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Thanks for posting that.

Especially because I was thinking that the Polynesian wouldn't be that bad during construction, would it? That beeping reminded me what construction entails....
Definitely NOT what I want to hear when paying $600 or so a night!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #2943
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thanks for posting that.

You're welcome. Maybe they need to play the Polynesian music MUCH LOUDER so as to drown out the BEEPING. And, the poor GF guests have had to endure the DVC construction and now Poly right next door...it's a good time to be on Bay Lake
Old 10-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #2944
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

bump
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Old 10-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #2945
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice View Post
bump
Old 10-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #2946
jennab
Mouseketeer

Whoo hoo I am joining in! Just got our reservation booked (renting points) for standard view studio at BLT 9/21/14-9/25/14 (part of split stay). Excited to get to stay here, even though I still have 11 months to go
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #2947
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Three more days! Woo Hoo!!: banana:
Old 10-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #2948
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

My payoff day is tomorrow!!

Aaaand, I'm already planning my next vacation! Next year's vacation is going to be big, DH has a month off from mid Dec - mid Jan. I'm coming up with some great ideas.

I suspect that many of you are well traveled, so if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Right now, there are 3 options on the table. I'm going to do a powerpoint for the family so they can decide. For all 3 options we will fly out on 12/27:

1. St. Augustine (to visit and aunt) for 3 nights in a beach condo (I know it will prob be too cold to swim, but the beach is so nice to see!), 4 nights in Orlando at Gaylord Palms enjoying Gatorland, Legoland, Air Boat tours and then 5 nights at Disney, probably staying at the Grand Floridian
2. Costa Rica. 3 nights in the center of the country staying near a volcano and rainforest. 4 nights at a Hilton All inclusive resort on the beach.
3. Going out West. Visit Yosemite, see the sequoias, see the grand canyon, see the dessert and maybe even visit a posh dude ranch for a few nights.

Anything I should add? Take out? Anyone been to these locations and can swing me one way or another?

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #2949
shelleylmu
Earning My Ears

First time stay

We just booked our first stay at BLT for 5/14/13-5/20/14 in a studio lake view. We are pretty new DVC members and are making our rounds to all the resorts. It's SO hard to decide where to stay but I'm psyched we landed on BLT for our May trip. We have 2 boys ( ages 3 and 4) so I think being on the monorail will be great!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #2950
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

My family will be checking into Bay Lake Towers tomorrow! So excited. Our plane leaves in 12 hours.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #2951
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
My family will be checking into Bay Lake Towers tomorrow! So excited. Our plane leaves in 12 hours.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #2952
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Up and ready to go! See you in a few hours
Old 10-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #2953
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Safe Travels

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #2954
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab View Post
Whoo hoo I am joining in! Just got our reservation booked (renting points) for standard view studio at BLT 9/21/14-9/25/14 (part of split stay). Excited to get to stay here, even though I still have 11 months to go
Welcome to the thread and I'll add you to the Log-orail. It's never too early to look forward to your WDW vacation and, as Happyjen27 has pointed out, it's never too soon to plan your NEXT WDW vacation

Quote:
My payoff day is tomorrow!!

Aaaand, I'm already planning my next vacation! Next year's vacation is going to be big, DH has a month off from mid Dec - mid Jan. I'm coming up with some great ideas.

I suspect that many of you are well traveled, so if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Right now, there are 3 options on the table. I'm going to do a powerpoint for the family so they can decide. For all 3 options we will fly out on 12/27:

1. St. Augustine (to visit and aunt) for 3 nights in a beach condo (I know it will prob be too cold to swim, but the beach is so nice to see!), 4 nights in Orlando at Gaylord Palms enjoying Gatorland, Legoland, Air Boat tours and then 5 nights at Disney, probably staying at the Grand Floridian
2. Costa Rica. 3 nights in the center of the country staying near a volcano and rainforest. 4 nights at a Hilton All inclusive resort on the beach.
3. Going out West. Visit Yosemite, see the sequoias, see the grand canyon, see the dessert and maybe even visit a posh dude ranch for a few nights.

Anything I should add? Take out? Anyone been to these locations and can swing me one way or another?
Do numbers 2 & 3 not include WDW? Can you squeeze DLR in with #3? We've been to St. Augustine and while it was enjoyable, I have to say that after a few hours there, there really isn't anything left to do, unless you want to do more shopping, boating or you're just wanting to stay on the beach and enjoy your resort. We didn't stay overnight, but knocked out the major attractions in a few hours. The Fort has a nice tour and Barnacle Bill's on Castillo is a nice, reasonably priced, casual seafood restaurant. It's right across from the Visitor's Center.

Cost Rica is great if you like to fish. I love your "going west" idea and would love to read some experiences of others who have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleylmu View Post
We just booked our first stay at BLT for 5/14/13-5/20/14 in a studio lake view. We are pretty new DVC members and are making our rounds to all the resorts. It's SO hard to decide where to stay but I'm psyched we landed on BLT for our May trip. We have 2 boys ( ages 3 and 4) so I think being on the monorail will be great!
Congratulations and I'll add you to the Log-orail. BLT is wonderful! The three of us stayed in a One Bedroom LV. Do you need the kitchen? The Studios are actually smaller than a CR room. I have photos of the view from a Lake View where we could easily see the monorail to our right. Your boys might enjoy that. I requested an outer villa, facing CR on a high floor. Happy planning!

Quote:
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Safe Travels
Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #2955
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Omg! I envy your joy!! That feeling the day you leave is the best! Have safe travels and an amazing trip! Take lots of pictures for us
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: