Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #2866
aprincesswannabe
Mouseketeer

This came in my Daily Updates (from the Dis) today...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportatio...transportation

Several resort boats will have shortened schedules
The resorts affected are Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Saratoga Springs. Additional buses will be running during these times.

The boats will not be running during the following times:
October 9: 4:35pm-6:45pm
October 10-17: 10:00am-11:00am and 3:15pm-6:45pm
October 18: 10:00am-11:00am and 3:15pm-closing
October 19: 10:00am-5:30pm

Old 10-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #2867
christineangel
Disney Bride 5-31-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincesswannabe View Post

The resorts affected are Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Saratoga Springs. Additional buses will be running during these times.

Are these boats being moved bc of the monorail being down?

POP 2013* ASMu 2010 *WL 2010 *CBR 2008 *SOG 2007* CSR 2007 *POR 2006* POP 2006 *GF 2005* ASMo 2005*

offsite, too many times to count!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #2868
babyberger
DIS Veteran

KOOK - in your best magic erasing marker can you change me once again Changing the Jan 4-6 from CR to BLT The wonderful CM on the phone did not want me to cancel so even though the Visa, soon to be GP disc was not valid for my dates, she managed to find me a PIN but it was only good for CR CL (Atrium and Tower!) or BLT, so we are now booked that weekend in a 1BR at BLT!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 10-07-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #2869
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Hey WDWKOOK,

I offered to get Tower Club for dd but she said " no guarantee for TPV and I like to look over ledge at concourse" so I am counting on you for details later
Your DD wouldn't like that I requested the Bay Lake View. I'm sure someone will be very pleased to get the TPV Queen. June seems farrrrrr away, but I will definitely post a Tower Club TR in July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hey KOOK......hope things are going well with you .
Well, DH was "un-furloughed" by the DoD so I feel like I can think about our Christmas trip again - at least until the debt ceiling crisis hits on 10/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
I'll take it! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincesswannabe View Post

Thanks for posting for CR/BLT guests who might be using those boats for ADRs, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
KOOK - in your best magic erasing marker can you change me once again Changing the Jan 4-6 from CR to BLT The wonderful CM on the phone did not want me to cancel so even though the Visa, soon to be GP disc was not valid for my dates, she managed to find me a PIN but it was only good for CR CL (Atrium and Tower!) or BLT, so we are not booked that weekend in a 1BR at BLT!!!
That's terrific - BLT was meant to be! Presto-chango, consider it done
Old 10-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #2870
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineangel

Are these boats being moved bc of the monorail being down?
No there is a dragon boat race going on in Lake Buena Vista

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 10-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #2871
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
KOOK - in your best magic erasing marker can you change me once again Changing the Jan 4-6 from CR to BLT The wonderful CM on the phone did not want me to cancel so even though the Visa, soon to be GP disc was not valid for my dates, she managed to find me a PIN but it was only good for CR CL (Atrium and Tower!) or BLT, so we are now booked that weekend in a 1BR at BLT!!!
We love BLT! Melissa your family will love it
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 10-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #2872
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

At BLT now. Love the resort! The monorail situation has been very inconvenient. We have an ADR for Kona at 2:30 10/10 before mnsshp and it's gonna be a pain getting there. But where there's a will there's a way.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #2873
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well, DH was "un-furloughed" by the DoD so I feel like I can think about our Christmas trip again - at least until the debt ceiling crisis hits on 10/17
That is great that your DH was "un-furloughed". I feel for everyone that is going through that mess right now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
At BLT now. Love the resort! The monorail situation has been very inconvenient. We have an ADR for Kona at 2:30 10/10 before mnsshp and it's gonna be a pain getting there. But where there's a will there's a way.
Glad you're having a good time and loving BLT. I'm sorry about the monorail situation......but you have a very good attitude and I agree that where there's a will there's a way . Hope you continue to have a magical trip.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #2874
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
OMG! Is it wondeful? I will be there in 20 days and con't wait. Post pictures if you can. What kind of room do you have? What's going on with the Monorail?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #2875
Scrapmom3
Earning My Ears

Tower Club Standard King Room?

Hi, everybody. We received a pin code yesterday, which did not apply to our booked TPV room. It turned out that the code did apply to Club Level--we were offered a standard king room on the "Tower Club" floor (the 14th floor?), for less than the price of our original booking, so we reserved that. However, we were not able to book a guaranteed TPV room--we were told that whether we got a MK view or a BL view "depended on availability at check-in," and that if we wound up with a BL view, we could watch Wishes from the lounge. Does the inability to guarantee a specific view on this reservation sound odd to anybody? It seemed kind of strange to me. Maybe because I booked the room with a code? Any input would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #2876
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
BLT is great and I'm glad you're having a fun time, despite the monorail closures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
That is great that your DH was "un-furloughed". I feel for everyone that is going through that mess right now .
Well, being back to work doesn't mean you get paid. I've put Christmas on the back burner of my vacation thoughts again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmom3 View Post
Hi, everybody. We received a pin code yesterday, which did not apply to our booked TPV room. It turned out that the code did apply to Club Level--we were offered a standard king room on the "Tower Club" floor (the 14th floor?), for less than the price of our original booking, so we reserved that. However, we were not able to book a guaranteed TPV room--we were told that whether we got a MK view or a BL view "depended on availability at check-in," and that if we wound up with a BL view, we could watch Wishes from the lounge. Does the inability to guarantee a specific view on this reservation sound odd to anybody? It seemed kind of strange to me. Maybe because I booked the room with a code? Any input would be appreciated.
Congratulations on booking the Tower Club and to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread!

I have more Tower Club information, a room/suite location map and photo links on the first page HERE.

There are only two King rooms on the 14th floor that are not part of a suite. Your booking rate has nothing to do with not being able to book a view. Both of the King Tower Club rooms are TPV/MKV rooms and are coded with "CW." If you booked a King Standard CL room, you will have a TPV. However, if you book a Queen Tower Club room, there is one TPV and one BLV, so you can request your preference. We requested a BLV, which is less popular. Since there are only 5 non-suite rooms on the 14th floor, and one is a HA room, I suspect it just isn't worth creating a separate booking code for only two Queen rooms.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #2877
pas130
DIS Veteran

Stopping by to "see" Kookalicious ... and check her ticker
Old 10-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #2878
Scrapmom3
Earning My Ears

[QUOTEThere are only two King rooms on the 14th floor that are not part of a suite. Your booking rate has nothing to do with not being able to book a view. Both of the King Tower Club rooms are TPV/MKV rooms and are coded with "CW." If you booked a King Standard CL room, you will have a TPV. However, if you book a Queen Tower Club room, there is one TPV and one BLV, so you can request your preference. We requested a BLV, which is less popular. Since there are only 5 non-suite rooms on the 14th floor, and one is a HA room, I suspect it just isn't worth creating a separate booking code for only two Queen rooms.[/QUOTE]

What great information! Thank you so much!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #2879
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Stopping by to "see" Kookalicious ... and check her ticker

Stop by anytime. Are you considering stopping by CR or BLT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmom3 View Post

What great information! Thank you so much!
You're welcome and let us know if you have any other questions
Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #2880
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Stop by anytime. Are you considering stopping by CR or BLT?
I actually was But the rate for WL couldn't be beat so the boys will be on the other side of Bay Lake...I know It's crazy to stay at two separate resorts...but I never claimed to be sane...it's a boys trip within a family trip

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: