Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #2851
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5 View Post
Okay newbie question. Any idea if a gallon of milk will fit in our room fridge?? Also im wondering if I want to buy the items like milk from the hotel shop. Any ideas on prices?? TIA
I have stayed at many different disney resorts. I usually buy the half gallons they sell if available. The resorts with DVC have better selections for food and drinks.

At CR due to BLT you can buy the half gallon sizes. I think 3.99. ( I know not over $5 but not less than 2.99)

That may seem like a lot but if you see prices over a dollar for the kids individual ones than it is definitely worth it. Ds loves cereal as a quick snack and I go through a lot of milk

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 10-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #2852
Runnergal
Mouseketeer

Hi there! We recently changed our reservation from the poly to the CR, staying CL. We will be there from 11/24-11/27. It will be dh and I and our 4 kids, including a 2yo and a 7mo. So excited to stay at the CR- I last stayed there when I was 7 years old- in 1983!! first question- where are the CL rooms? In the main building? Second, is there a daybed in the room? I am wondering if we will need 2 pack n plays or if we can manage with just one and the 2yo in a bed. And please tell me your restaurant recommendations at the CR!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #2853
JackStraw
Earning My Ears

A while ago, I booked two CR TPV rooms for February vacation. When the Visa discount offers rolled out this week, I tried to price out both to determine the better savings but neither applied to my room! So bummed.

Turns out that we can only use the "Room Only" discount on a Garden room or a Tower non-TPV room. As for the "dining" discount offer (which, btw, the CM said is a packaged room/dining discount - NOT simply adults paying kids DP prices), well that also extends to Atrium CL TPV...but still not to our standing reservation!

And we are pretty much dead set on a Theme Park View room - we have young kids (and are bringing the inlaws for connecting room) so we expect to spend many nights in the room watching the fireworks on the balcony after we get the kids to bed. For us, a TPV is non-negotiable.

As much as I'd love to upgrade to CL with a TPV, it is cost-prohibitive even with the discount. And, frankly, a DDP on top of the food benefits that come with CL is more than we can handle (also not willing to just ride the CL food but forgo a bunch of our ADRs).

So, my question is whether any of you think that my TPV room class will fall under either of these same two discounts next week when the codes are rolled out to the general public? Presumably, a larger block of inventory will be made available at that time, however, my gut tells me that the restrictions will stay the same as with the Visa offer. Thoughts? Thx!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #2854
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnergal View Post
Hi there! We recently changed our reservation from the poly to the CR, staying CL. We will be there from 11/24-11/27. It will be dh and I and our 4 kids, including a 2yo and a 7mo. So excited to stay at the CR- I last stayed there when I was 7 years old- in 1983!! first question- where are the CL rooms? In the main building? Second, is there a daybed in the room? I am wondering if we will need 2 pack n plays or if we can manage with just one and the 2yo in a bed. And please tell me your restaurant recommendations at the CR!
CL rooms are on 12th floor in the tower. They can be TPV or BLV but must be booked by the category that you want.

Yes, there is a daybed in the room. You might want to request a bed rail if you are concerned with the toddler rolling out of bed.

I've only eaten at The California Grill but it's one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #2855
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Thank you everyone for your replies. I think that you are right!! CL it is!! Whee!!
I think you made a good choice .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
New cancelation policy for Walt Disney World restaurants
Leah Zanolla | Updated: Oct 3, 2013 - 8:45:30 PM

Beginning October 31, Walt Disney World will have a new restaurant cancelation policy in place. For all table service restaurant reservations, guests will have to provide a credit card hold. If the reservation needs to be canceled, but isn't done one day in advance, a $10 per person charge will be made to the card. This policy is in place for both Disney owned and operated restaurants, as well as operating participants.

Some locations require pre-payment, such as Hoop-Dee-Do Musical Revue and Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show; this system is already in place. If these reservations aren't canceled one day in advance, the full amount will be charged.

Reservations must be canceled up to 11:59 pm the day before the reservation to avoid the charge. To cancel, guests can call 407-WDW-CNCL, stop by any table service restaurant front desk, or call 407-WDW-DINE. Reservations can also be made and canceled online at www.DisneyWorld.com/Dining.

The policy has changed in the hopes of reducing the number of no shows and to allow more guests the opportunity to dine at the table service locations.

If reservations were booked prior to October 31, they will not be held to the new policy, unless modifications are made after October 31.
Hi KOOK . Thanks for posting this

Quote:
As the pp said, CL rooms are in the tower (main building) on the 12th floor. For CR restaurants, we have only eaten at Chef Mickeys (both breakfast and dinner) and we like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
A while ago, I booked two CR TPV rooms for February vacation. When the Visa discount offers rolled out this week, I tried to price out both to determine the better savings but neither applied to my room! So bummed.

Turns out that we can only use the "Room Only" discount on a Garden room or a Tower non-TPV room. As for the "dining" discount offer (which, btw, the CM said is a packaged room/dining discount - NOT simply adults paying kids DP prices), well that also extends to Atrium CL TPV...but still not to our standing reservation!

And we are pretty much dead set on a Theme Park View room - we have young kids (and are bringing the inlaws for connecting room) so we expect to spend many nights in the room watching the fireworks on the balcony after we get the kids to bed. For us, a TPV is non-negotiable.

As much as I'd love to upgrade to CL with a TPV, it is cost-prohibitive even with the discount. And, frankly, a DDP on top of the food benefits that come with CL is more than we can handle (also not willing to just ride the CL food but forgo a bunch of our ADRs).

So, my question is whether any of you think that my TPV room class will fall under either of these same two discounts next week when the codes are rolled out to the general public? Presumably, a larger block of inventory will be made available at that time, however, my gut tells me that the restrictions will stay the same as with the Visa offer. Thoughts? Thx!
I'm sorry you weren't able to apply the discount to your current reservation. Usually the Visa discount matches the GP discount, but I would try again next week as you never know. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #2856
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hoping that there are TPV room discounts available for our stay in January. That's the only way we'll be able to afford it.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #2857
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

The resort monorail is going to be down from 11:00 am to 6:00 PM due to construction at the Grand Floridian Villas. The shutdown starts tomorrow and should last for two weeks. I hope the monorails resume normal operation before by 10/20 check-in at the CR.

Quote:
To accommodate construction work at Disneys Grand Floridian Resort & Spa we will temporarily adjust the operating schedule for the resort monorail beam. Beginning Oct. 6, monorail service on the resort monorail to Magic Kingdom Park will be temporarily suspended during non-peak times, between 11 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.

During this time, Guests may use watercraft and bus transportation to travel to their destinations. The Magic Kingdom express monorail beam and the Epcot beam will continue normal operation.

Weather permitting, we expect this work to be complete within the next two weeks.

In-room flyers will be distributed to Guests staying in the affected resorts:
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Old 10-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #2858
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBear23 View Post
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I've been looking for that (as I've read about it), but couldn't find it! So, can I request a specific room and they will try to fill the request if possible? Also, do you know if the fifth floor is extra noisy because of it being so convenient? I want my 11month old to sleep while we are there too! Lol
The 5th floor isn't any different from the other floors as far as noise. We are very sensitive to noise and found BLT to be very quiet.

It's best not to request specific room numbers. If that room isn't available, the Room Assignor won't know why you requested that room and can't try to put you in a similar room. It's best to make requests like "Inner" or "Outer" villa and "North-side" or "South-side" and "high floor" or "near skybridge," for example.

Quote:
Congratulations! I'll add you to the Log-orail.

We love The Wave's breakfast buffet (I have photos on the first page). We've always dined at CA Grill, but they just re-opened after a rehab and we haven't eaten there since then. I'll post a review after we dine there on Christmas Day. The Contempo Cafe is also very good. Chef Mickey's has great character interaction and you'll get lots of great photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Hi KOOK . Thanks for posting this
Hey there, mickeynut1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
The resort monorail is going to be down from 11:00 am to 6:00 PM due to construction at the Grand Floridian Villas. The shutdown starts tomorrow and should last for two weeks. I hope the monorails resume normal operation before by 10/20 check-in at the CR.
Thanks for posting this reminder
Old 10-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #2859
PoohBear23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The 5th floor isn't any different from the other floors as far as noise. We are very sensitive to noise and found BLT to be very quiet. It's best not to request specific room numbers. If that room isn't available, the Room Assignor won't know why you requested that room and can't try to put you in a similar room. It's best to make requests like "Inner" or "Outer" villa and "North-side" or "South-side" and "high floor" or "near skybridge," for example. Congratulations! I'll add you to the Log-orail. We love The Wave's breakfast buffet (I have photos on the first page). We've always dined at CA Grill, but they just re-opened after a rehab and we haven't eaten there since then. I'll post a review after we dine there on Christmas Day. The Contempo Cafe is also very good. Chef Mickey's has great character interaction and you'll get lots of great photos. Hey there, mickeynut1! Thanks for posting this reminder
Thank you! When I made my reservation for our standard view one room villa, I had already told them, on the floor with the bridge connecting BLT to CR (I didn't know it was floor five at the time.). I also told them that I would have an electric scooter and be in need of the pack and play. I'm now debating if I should call back and specifically say fifth floor and add on to the request like you suggested (inner, outer, etc) or just leave it. If there's a chance of seeing fireworks (I doubt it) or the water pageant (again, doubting it) from our room, then I'd like to up my chances for that.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #2860
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I have stayed at many different disney resorts. I usually buy the half gallons they sell if available. The resorts with DVC have better selections for food and drinks. At CR due to BLT you can buy the half gallon sizes. I think 3.99. ( I know not over $5 but not less than 2.99) That may seem like a lot but if you see prices over a dollar for the kids individual ones than it is definitely worth it. Ds loves cereal as a quick snack and I go through a lot of milk
Thanks so much for the info! We have 3 boys and can go through 3 gallons a week!
Old 10-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #2861
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBear23 View Post
Thank you! When I made my reservation for our standard view one room villa, I had already told them, on the floor with the bridge connecting BLT to CR (I didn't know it was floor five at the time.). I also told them that I would have an electric scooter and be in need of the pack and play. I'm now debating if I should call back and specifically say fifth floor and add on to the request like you suggested (inner, outer, etc) or just leave it. If there's a chance of seeing fireworks (I doubt it) or the water pageant (again, doubting it) from our room, then I'd like to up my chances for that.
The PNP, (they call it a "portable crib"), is already in the closet, so no need to request that.

But, you might want to request to be "close to skybridge." I don't know if mentioning your scooter would put you into a HA room
Old 10-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #2862
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was able to get the disney visa discount for the TPV CL room . Maybe that will work for you? 35% off the CL will be less than a regular TPV room at rack rates. Also I would call or be online as early as possible on the 8th. I have in the past gotten a room with one discount even if I couldn't with another.

Good luck

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 10-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #2863
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Hey WDWKOOK,

I offered to get Tower Club for dd but she said " no guarantee for TPV and I like to look over ledge at concourse" so I am counting on you for details later

Old 10-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #2864
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey there, mickeynut1!
Hey KOOK......hope things are going well with you .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #2865
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono
Hey WDWKOOK,

I offered to get Tower Club for dd but she said " no guarantee for TPV and I like to look over ledge at concourse" so I am counting on you for details later
I'll take it! LOL!

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: