Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #2836
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am super excited to stay at BLT next year but now am nervous I wont be able to rent points at 7 months out!? can anyone tell me their experience an reassure me please

We arrive the week before food and wine so hoping that helps!
I replied to this on your other thread but I'll put it here too. We have rented twice to stay in a 1br at BLT in September. In 2012 we got a 1br LV at 6mos out...in-laws rented points and got one also at the same time. In 2013, we got one at 7mos out. I do think having a back-up resort is a good idea but if you can accept a LV, I think you'll be ok. I know in your other thread, you said you wanted a SV but I doubt that would be available. You'd need to rent from someone who owns at BLT.

me , dh , dd14 , dd11 , ds5 , ds3
Old 10-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #2837
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
So rooms that end in XX10 have awesome views???
The outer c rooms 02-14 have partial MK views for lake view.

32-44 have views of monorail, marina, CR and 7 seas lagoon( also considered lake view)

The odd number rooms(inside c) are views of Bay Lake.

We were in 42, 10 and 5. We liked outside c best. Rooms larger and pie shaped so appear big! We like not having people looking at us too.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

This thread a must if staying at BLT
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #2838
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

So when check in you want row 16,22,24,30 in that order to make mama

See what they give you first then ask nicely to move if available. I was in a lake view row 10 and had a good view of castle even though around the corner.

Pictures just can't describe it. The room is HUGE when you walk in. The views are gorgeous. You really feel like staying in an extension of MK

The talking elevators are a fun touch too. Also CR so close we used that pool and hot tub too. Loved taking boat over to WL for an afternoon break as well.

I miss BLT! We are trying VGF over Christmas break this time.
Thanks so much!! I had been going through all the pictures on the building layout thread and that's sort of what I was noticing, so thank you for confirming! July seems so far away!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 10-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #2839
wendow
DIS Veteran

I just want to say something about BLT and making room requests...we've stayed there twice and neither time has our request been met.

The first year before we stayed there I spent a ton of time looking at people's pics that are posted in the BLT room pics thread. I dreamed of which view we'd get. I couldn't imagine we wouldn't get what we requested. So, we were really disappointed in 2012 when we did not get the view we wanted. We did get on the outside of the 'C' but not the end I wanted. Guess what?? We loved our view!!

When preparing for our trip this year, we decided we wanted the same view we had the previous year. So we made a request for that. I tried to tell myself I'd be ok with whatever. Dh & I said we'll be happy with any view as long as it's not inside the 'C'. So we get there and check in, guess what?? The room they have for us is inside the 'C'. I swear I almost cried right there at the check-in desk. We begged and pleaded for anything on the outside of the 'C'. They could move us the next day to a different room but that would be a big hassle. We decided to go look at the room before we decided. And guess what, we loved the view. We looked straight out onto the beautiful lake. It was great hearing the boat horns all the time. The sunrise was absolutely stunning. We could see almost the entire EWP from our balcony. Nothing bad about it. I'd stay in that room again anytime

So, this really long post (sorry!), is really just to say not to get *too* wrapped up in what your view will be and be willing to be happy with whatever room view you get. It's such a nice resort and there is beauty to be found everywhere you look.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #2840
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
I just want to say something about BLT and making room requests...we've stayed there twice and neither time has our request been met.

The first year before we stayed there I spent a ton of time looking at people's pics that are posted in the BLT room pics thread. I dreamed of which view we'd get. I couldn't imagine we wouldn't get what we requested. So, we were really disappointed in 2012 when we did not get the view we wanted. We did get on the outside of the 'C' but not the end I wanted. Guess what?? We loved our view!!

When preparing for our trip this year, we decided we wanted the same view we had the previous year. So we made a request for that. I tried to tell myself I'd be ok with whatever. Dh & I said we'll be happy with any view as long as it's not inside the 'C'. So we get there and check in, guess what?? The room they have for us is inside the 'C'. I swear I almost cried right there at the check-in desk. We begged and pleaded for anything on the outside of the 'C'. They could move us the next day to a different room but that would be a big hassle. We decided to go look at the room before we decided. And guess what, we loved the view. We looked straight out onto the beautiful lake. It was great hearing the boat horns all the time. The sunrise was absolutely stunning. We could see almost the entire EWP from our balcony. Nothing bad about it. I'd stay in that room again anytime

So, this really long post (sorry!), is really just to say not to get *too* wrapped up in what your view will be and be willing to be happy with whatever room view you get. It's such a nice resort and there is beauty to be found everywhere you look.
That is true! The views are all awesome

We have only been on floors 4,7 , 8 and even 4 was nice.
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17
Old 10-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #2841
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Yippee !!! Got MKV CL for 1/5-1/8 with disney visa discount

Add me to the 'rail.

Just me and dd18 after dh and ds go home that Sunday.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #2842
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
can you change me from CR to BLT!! Yahoo!

Quote:
Thanks. We r renting points for blt and akv split stay and I am soooooo excited!! I have always wanted to stay at the CR and my kids picked akv so best of both! Making amazing memories!!!
I agree that you're getting the best of both worlds and everyone is happy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We'll be staying at BLT from July 17-24, 2014. SOOOOOO excited to be staying in a 2 bedroom, theme park view!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Will be staying in CR Nov 9 - 12. We are currently staying in the tower TPV. Wondering if we should move to CL TPV oR if we should stay with tower and book cabanas for 2 days and MVMCP. Price is about the same either way. Which would you do? We are 4 adults and 2 children, aged 3 yr and 10 months (3 generation).

Thanks for any insight/advice.
I agree with the others that I would do CL over cabanas and the party .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Momof2 View Post
Hi! I'm so EXCITED! I just booked my family for Feb. 1-8 in the tower Theme Park View!!! It's my DS's first visit and he loves trains! I can't wait to see his face when we walk into the resort!~
Congrats on booking a TPV . I'm sure your DS is going to love everything about the CR .

Quote:
I am super excited to stay at BLT next year but now am nervous I wont be able to rent points at 7 months out!? can anyone tell me their experience an reassure me please

We arrive the week before food and wine so hoping that helps!
Good luck with renting points.....I hope you are able to get exactly what you want .

Quote:

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #2843
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone for your replies. I think that you are right!! CL it is!! Whee!!

Now, if I could only figure out the new FP+ and magic bands......actually, it's kind of fun having something new to obsess over! LOL!!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #2844
PoohBear23
Earning My Ears

We are heading to BLT in Feb. 2014. We will be in a standard room villa. Can anybody tell me what I should ask for to get the most bang for my buck? I'll have a four and a half year old and an 11 month old plus I will need an electric scooter.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #2845
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

New cancelation policy for Walt Disney World restaurants
Leah Zanolla | Updated: Oct 3, 2013 - 8:45:30 PM

Beginning October 31, Walt Disney World will have a new restaurant cancelation policy in place. For all table service restaurant reservations, guests will have to provide a credit card hold. If the reservation needs to be canceled, but isn't done one day in advance, a $10 per person charge will be made to the card. This policy is in place for both Disney owned and operated restaurants, as well as operating participants.

Some locations require pre-payment, such as Hoop-Dee-Do Musical Revue and Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show; this system is already in place. If these reservations aren't canceled one day in advance, the full amount will be charged.

Reservations must be canceled up to 11:59 pm the day before the reservation to avoid the charge. To cancel, guests can call 407-WDW-CNCL, stop by any table service restaurant front desk, or call 407-WDW-DINE. Reservations can also be made and canceled online at www.DisneyWorld.com/Dining.

The policy has changed in the hopes of reducing the number of no shows and to allow more guests the opportunity to dine at the table service locations.

If reservations were booked prior to October 31, they will not be held to the new policy, unless modifications are made after October 31.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #2846
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Add me to the 'rail.

Just me and dd18 after dh and ds go home that Sunday.

What a great deal! I'll log you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Thank you everyone for your replies. I think that you are right!! CL it is!! Whee!!

Now, if I could only figure out the new FP+ and magic bands......actually, it's kind of fun having something new to obsess over! LOL!!
Yippee for Atrium Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBear23 View Post
We are heading to BLT in Feb. 2014. We will be in a standard room villa. Can anybody tell me what I should ask for to get the most bang for my buck? I'll have a four and a half year old and an 11 month old plus I will need an electric scooter.
to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread, PoohBear23!

Are you in a Studio or One Bedroom? If you're booked Standard View and you have a scooter, you might want to request to be on the 5th floor if you'd like to avoid taking the elevator to get to CR. The Skybridge is on the 5th floor of BLT. There is a great chart on the BLT Room View thread that shows you all the villa views.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #2847
PoohBear23
Earning My Ears

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I've been looking for that (as I've read about it), but couldn't find it! So, can I request a specific room and they will try to fill the request if possible? Also, do you know if the fifth floor is extra noisy because of it being so convenient? I want my 11month old to sleep while we are there too! Lol
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #2848
PoohBear23
Earning My Ears

I forgot to say that we are in a one bedroom villa with a standard view.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #2849
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBear23 View Post
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I've been looking for that (as I've read about it), but couldn't find it! So, can I request a specific room and they will try to fill the request if possible? Also, do you know if the fifth floor is extra noisy because of it being so convenient? I want my 11month old to sleep while we are there too! Lol
We were on the 5th floor last year and loved the convenience. We were only 2 rooms down from one of the sets of elevators (by skybridge)and it was never noisy. We heard nothing. We had a 17mo at the time and he napped midday and slept great at night.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #2850
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer

Okay newbie question. Any idea if a gallon of milk will fit in our room fridge?? Also im wondering if I want to buy the items like milk from the hotel shop. Any ideas on prices?? TIA
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: