Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #2821
chrissy walsh
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me if the new refurbished rooms have the couch that converts into a bed? The rooms look beautiful, but I just hope they still have that little couch.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #2822
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfla View Post
We stayed for 9 nights, so wifey did the laundry. you can do it at the Garden Wing or the Bay Tower building. Wifey chose the Garden Wing. its not a far walk.

We also stayed Atrium CL room #4847 and loved it. They were putting brand new TV's in all the rooms the day we checked out. Sept 23rd
You need a BLT KTTW to open the door to the laundry room. It's locked.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #2823
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleighc View Post
Hi! Relatively new to DIS. Headed to CR 11/30-12/08! Very excited to stay Atrium CL! Please add me to the Logorail

Can anyone tell me how far of a walk it is from Atrium CL to laundry facilities? It's in the GW, correct? Family of 5 staying nine days-I'm going to have to do laundry at some point
Welcome to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread! I'll add you to the Log-orail and happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
can you change me from CR to BLT!! Yahoo!
I certainly will

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy walsh View Post
Can anyone tell me if the new refurbished rooms have the couch that converts into a bed? The rooms look beautiful, but I just hope they still have that little couch.
No worries - the daybed is still there. It was a soft goods rehab so only fabric coverings/carpeting/drapes/mattresses...were changed.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #2824
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Hi I think my Logorail request got lost in the shuffle of all the excited posters We'll be staying at BLT from July 17-24, 2014. SOOOOOO excited to be staying in a 2 bedroom, theme park view!!!

On that note, I've been looking through this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082 to check out the different views/locations. I was looking at some of the pictures from the rooms that would be dedicated 2 bedroom and theme park view. (We've requested a dedicated due to the bed layout.) My question is....is there really a difference between a room ending in 16 and a room ending in 30? I know the building curves, so I'm wondering if the rooms ending in 30 would require you to lean out over the balcony railing to really have a good "view" of the MK? It's sometimes hard to tell based on someone's pictures because you don't know if they zoomed or if there were some body gymnastics that took place to get the shot Thanks!!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 09-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #2825
Babsy
DIS Veteran

need to decide: CL or extras?

Will be staying in CR Nov 9 - 12. We are currently staying in the tower TPV. Wondering if we should move to CL TPV oR if we should stay with tower and book cabanas for 2 days and MVMCP. Price is about the same either way. Which would you do? We are 4 adults and 2 children, aged 3 yr and 10 months (3 generation).

Thanks for any insight/advice.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #2826
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Hi I think my Logorail request got lost in the shuffle of all the excited posters We'll be staying at BLT from July 17-24, 2014. SOOOOOO excited to be staying in a 2 bedroom, theme park view!!!
You're officially logged now. I'll leave your BLT question to someone else or you might want to post it to the BLT Room View thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Will be staying in CR Nov 9 - 12. We are currently staying in the tower TPV. Wondering if we should move to CL TPV oR if we should stay with tower and book cabanas for 2 days and MVMCP. Price is about the same either way. Which would you do? We are 4 adults and 2 children, aged 3 yr and 10 months (3 generation).

Welcome! I'll add you to the Log-orail. I would definitely choose CL over cabanas! There are many more amenities and perks associated with CL, beginning even before your vacation starts. You might also consider CL with a BLV (our favorite). You would have a TPV every time you were in the CL lounge and you could watch Wishes from there every evening. You'd also see the EWP each night from your balcony.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #2827
LorieDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post

Definitely go with Club Level. The cabanas are nice but you could have weather related problems. One time when we rented a cabana it was beautiful weather at 10 a.m. however by noon it was pouring for the rest of the day. We still had to pay the full price.

MVMCP is also nice ... however our experience in recent years is that they oversell and MK is PACKED. With small children 3 and under that might not be very enjoyable.

Loving our new home at BLT!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #2828
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

On that note, I've been looking through this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082 to check out the different views/locations. I was looking at some of the pictures from the rooms that would be dedicated 2 bedroom and theme park view. (We've requested a dedicated due to the bed layout.) My question is....is there really a difference between a room ending in 16 and a room ending in 30? I know the building curves, so I'm wondering if the rooms ending in 30 would require you to lean out over the balcony railing to really have a good "view" of the MK? It's sometimes hard to tell based on someone's pictures because you don't know if they zoomed or if there were some body gymnastics that took place to get the shot Thanks!!!
We have stayed at BLT 3 times. I find the pictures posted to be accurate compared to our actual views.

We have been lake view but I like to look out windows by elevator. One is adjacent to '30 bank and other near the'16 bank.

Best way to describe it is with 16 end you have a more straight on shot for the castle. I however prefer the 30 end. It has a view of CR, POLY, GF with MK on the right. Seven seas lagoon is our favorite so I would prefer that end.

Also go to google or bing maps. You can see what your view will be pretty good from there too. It helps to see the angle of the building and what will be straight ahead.

We loved the 2br. We finally got one last November

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #2829
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm so EXCITED! I just booked my family for Feb. 1-8 in the tower Theme Park View!!! It's my DS's first visit and he loves trains! I can't wait to see his face when we walk into the resort!~

Old 10-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #2830
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're officially logged now. I'll leave your BLT question to someone else or you might want to post it to the BLT Room View thread.
THANK YOU! And no worries!! It's hard to weed through all the comments sometimes, so I don't know how you keep up with it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
We have stayed at BLT 3 times. I find the pictures posted to be accurate compared to our actual views.

We have been lake view but I like to look out windows by elevator. One is adjacent to '30 bank and other near the'16 bank.

Best way to describe it is with 16 end you have a more straight on shot for the castle. I however prefer the 30 end. It has a view of CR, POLY, GF with MK on the right. Seven seas lagoon is our favorite so I would prefer that end.

Also go to google or bing maps. You can see what your view will be pretty good from there too. It helps to see the angle of the building and what will be straight ahead.

Thank you so much! We are finally getting to stay here and my mom is dreaming of being able to see the fireworks from our room. She is SO excited, so I wanted to be sure we had a nice, direct view. She's always made my dreams come true, now it's my turn to start making her's come true
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 10-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #2831
princessap
DIS Veteran

I am super excited to stay at BLT next year but now am nervous I wont be able to rent points at 7 months out!? can anyone tell me their experience an reassure me please

We arrive the week before food and wine so hoping that helps!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #2832
WDWKOOK

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Momof2 View Post
Hi! I'm so EXCITED! I just booked my family for Feb. 1-8 in the tower Theme Park View!!! It's my DS's first visit and he loves trains! I can't wait to see his face when we walk into the resort!~
I'll add you to the Log-orail and congratulations! Your DS is going to love hearing the train whistle. You might want to also take him by boat over to WL. The Carolwood Pacific Room is in the VWL lobby area and there are train models and photos for him to look at.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #2833
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

WDWKOOK, thank you so much! I definitely want to take him to the WL/VWL! My husband and I LOVE that resort! We've never stayed there, but it's on the list! Since we have 5 in the room for this trip we decided on CR. Also, never stayed at CR! I'm so excited b/c I know the next 4 months are going to fly by!~

This thread is great! I'm gradually reading through it now.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #2834
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
THANK YOU! And no worries!! It's hard to weed through all the comments sometimes, so I don't know how you keep up with it all

Thank you so much! We are finally getting to stay here and my mom is dreaming of being able to see the fireworks from our room. She is SO excited, so I wanted to be sure we had a nice, direct view. She's always made my dreams come true, now it's my turn to start making her's come true
So when check in you want row 16,22,24,30 in that order to make mama

See what they give you first then ask nicely to move if available. I was in a lake view row 10 and had a good view of castle even though around the corner.

Pictures just can't describe it. The room is HUGE when you walk in. The views are gorgeous. You really feel like staying in an extension of MK

The talking elevators are a fun touch too. Also CR so close we used that pool and hot tub too. Loved taking boat over to WL for an afternoon break as well.

I miss BLT! We are trying VGF over Christmas break this time.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 10-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #2835
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So when check in you want row 16,22,24,30 in that order to make mama

See what they give you first then ask nicely to move if available. I was in a lake view row 10 and had a good view of castle even though around the corner.

Pictures just can't describe it. The room is HUGE when you walk in. The views are gorgeous. You really feel like staying in an extension of MK

The talking elevators are a fun touch too. Also CR so close we used that pool and hot tub too. Loved taking boat over to WL for an afternoon break as well.

I miss BLT! We are trying VGF over Christmas break this time.
So rooms that end in XX10 have awesome views???
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: