Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #2746
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself! I've been lurking for a few weeks, but now that it looks almost certain we'll be at BLT...I'm jumping in!

My family of 4 (DS is 11, DD will turn 10 on our trip) will be sharing a 2 BR Villa with my sister and her husband, and also my Mom for the first part of the trip. DH's brother, wife and son, plus his other brother, will all be in a 1 BR Villa

We actually have had the 2 BR booked, but as a backup. We are Polynesian lovers, have stayed there 4 times. But it's really not looking like our beloved Polynesian will be....well, our beloved Polynesian, next March. We could handle a little construction, but construction over the water, on the east side of the resort, possibly Grand Ceremonial House AND the main pool? For that $$, sorry, no.

BIL and SIL have stayed at BLT before and loved it. We definitely wanted to be on the monorail. So I figured if I had to do something other than the Poly, then why not have a kitchen and laundry, more space, etc!!

So I'm excited to read more about BLT!

If you could add us to the Logorail, that would be great. We'll be there February 28-March 8
Welcome to the CR thread .

We've never stayed at BLT or the CR, but we're trying the CR for the first time in December. I'm excited to try it as we visit every trip for dining, shopping, etc. so it will be nice to experience actually staying there. You will find a lot of great information on this thread as the people on here are great . With that said, I understand about the Poly. We've only stayed there once, but that was enough for us to fall in love with the resort and make it our favorite .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #2747
llouque
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
WOOHOO! I could never keep quiet about a WDW vacation - will you have to spill the beans? Where were you a CM? What a great booking and happy planning!
DD loves Disney so much that it really is hard to not tell her. At least I can talk to DH about it, although he doesn't care about the details. But that's what The Dis is for! DD talks about it almost every day. I will tell her in advance because I like her input, but that won't be until the late spring!

I was a cast member at The Emporium in MK. I was on the college program in the Spring of 1996 at The Emporium and then a group of my friends and I went back to work for just the Summer in 1997. I worked the next two years for one week a year to maintain my seasonal status, but then real life work got in the way. I actually didn't return to WDW as a guest until 2003. I never thought I'd be so swayed by Disneyland, but we had a truly magical, wonderful vacation in May.

So now I feel lost in my planning for May. But I'm also planning with my 4 year old in mind...and a super relaxed pace, which I always seem to have a hard time doing. But thanks for all the resort info. I am excited to enjoy all the CR has to offer!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 05:56 AM   #2748
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Groceries!

Is anyone at BLT now or checking in the next day or two? I have some groceries I hate to throw out. A gallon of milk, a whole bag of chicken nuggets, unopened soda, etc. would be happy to donate to a mouse-loving family! I can meet this evening or leave at the bell stand.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #2749
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

OMG! Allears.net has the newly refurbished 14th floor lounge YouTube video. It's gorgeous!!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #2750
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
OMG! Allears.net has the newly refurbished 14th floor lounge YouTube video. It's gorgeous!!
Awesome! So excited to get there.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #2751
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thank YOU!! Here is the link for everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czjLoYhEkjo

The video was just uploaded yesterday. The wine is conspicuously missing. I wonder what the selection is and where it was hiding?

ETA: I just remembered that most CLs don't leave the wine out at dessert time like WL does.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #2752
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Now if we could just see more pictures of the rooms/suites!!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #2753
avery619
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;49609708]Thank YOU!! Here is the link for everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czjLoYhEkjo

The video was just uploaded yesterday. The wine is conspicuously missing. I wonder what the selection is and where it was hiding?

ETA: I just remembered that most CLs don't leave the wine out at dessert time like WL does.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the video. We stayed in a MK View Room on the 12th Floor last month. Although the 14th floor lounge is smaller, I think I like it better than the 12th floor from what I can see. I did like that the CM's were so helpful. It was like having waiter/waitress service. They were very attentive. They offered us glasses of wine and refills. We are not even big drinkers! We were very impressed with the Club Level service at this resort.

2006 - ASMU, 2008 - BC, 2010 - BC, 2012 - YC, 6/13 - DL - PPH, 8/13 - CR-CL, 6/14 - YC, 8/15 - VWL
Old 09-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #2754
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
so we are looking at going to Orlando in February with my inlaws so of course I looked at staying at the CR for a few nights and NOTHING is available...so what did I do???? booked our September trip instead at the CR!!! LOL

I was more disappointed than I thought I would be that I couldn't get it and didn't want the same thing to happen for next year so bit the bullet and did it!!
Have you been checking daily? Maybe a convention wiped out inventory and they'll release some rooms soon. Well, at least you have September all bookaroonied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
We have a TIW card and did use it for the extras that we ordered. And no I would have not like it either way. "Bad food or just plain, not good food" no matter how you pay for it is still not good.

Laura
Got it and ITA. The last reviews I read had a similar tone to yours. Not a good sign and maybe another revamp is just around the corner. I have to go look for more reviews because the ones I've seen thus far have made me less excited about eating there on Christmas Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Checked in on Sunday night and everything has been wonderful. I was supposed to be a Standard Garden Wing room but was upgraded to a Tower room with Magic Kingdom view! I am here alone for a conference and I so wish my family could be here with me.

Magic Bands are awesome and no problems at all. Not having to remember my room key is the best. FP+ is great too.
It used to be that with a convention booking, the CR could assign you to any room so it ends up a surprise at check-in for the guest. Sounds like you had a very pleasant surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Does anyone know if there has ever been offers for upgrades at Bay Lake Tower? Just wondering.
Cash DVC bookings aren't normally upgraded and if you book on points, I believe that upgrades never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
I'm here right now and were getting new Samsung hospitality led tv 39inch in the rooms. Just wanted to share that.
Is that good or bad? I'm betting good? I can't recall the exact size of the other TV, is this bigger? The big question is, does the remote work? It must be nice getting a fresh, new remote. Wish they were disposable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself! I've been lurking for a few weeks, but now that it looks almost certain we'll be at BLT...I'm jumping in!

My family of 4 (DS is 11, DD will turn 10 on our trip) will be sharing a 2 BR Villa with my sister and her husband, and also my Mom for the first part of the trip. DH's brother, wife and son, plus his other brother, will all be in a 1 BR Villa

We actually have had the 2 BR booked, but as a backup. We are Polynesian lovers, have stayed there 4 times. But it's really not looking like our beloved Polynesian will be....well, our beloved Polynesian, next March. We could handle a little construction, but construction over the water, on the east side of the resort, possibly Grand Ceremonial House AND the main pool? For that $$, sorry, no.

BIL and SIL have stayed at BLT before and loved it. We definitely wanted to be on the monorail. So I figured if I had to do something other than the Poly, then why not have a kitchen and laundry, more space, etc!!

So I'm excited to read more about BLT!

If you could add us to the Logorail, that would be great. We'll be there February 28-March 8
Welcome and I'd be glad to add you! There is a lot going on the next couple of years at the Poly. Maybe they'll discount the rooms. They might take rooms out of inventory, but a discount? Never.

We loved staying at BLT last year in a one bedroom. There is so much room and we love the decor and layout. Having two bathrooms is wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llouque View Post
DD loves Disney so much that it really is hard to not tell her. At least I can talk to DH about it, although he doesn't care about the details. But that's what The Dis is for! DD talks about it almost every day. I will tell her in advance because I like her input, but that won't be until the late spring!

I was a cast member at The Emporium in MK. I was on the college program in the Spring of 1996 at The Emporium and then a group of my friends and I went back to work for just the Summer in 1997. I worked the next two years for one week a year to maintain my seasonal status, but then real life work got in the way. I actually didn't return to WDW as a guest until 2003. I never thought I'd be so swayed by Disneyland, but we had a truly magical, wonderful vacation in May.

So now I feel lost in my planning for May. But I'm also planning with my 4 year old in mind...and a super relaxed pace, which I always seem to have a hard time doing. But thanks for all the resort info. I am excited to enjoy all the CR has to offer!
That's neat that you worked on Main Street USA. At least you can chat with DH. They usually perk up when they hear ADR talk. Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
Is anyone at BLT now or checking in the next day or two? I have some groceries I hate to throw out. A gallon of milk, a whole bag of chicken nuggets, unopened soda, etc. would be happy to donate to a mouse-loving family! I can meet this evening or leave at the bell stand.
That's thoughtful of you and I hope someone takes you up on your kind offer.

Quote:
Now if we could just see more pictures of the rooms/suites!!!!
I hope we have some soon. I can't wait to see the bathroom, drawers and foyer. I want to see it all!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #2755
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

The tv is much better! Clearer and sharper picture and yes remotes work. The tvs appear to be about the same size

Mandy

Old 09-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #2756
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
The tv is much better! Clearer and sharper picture and yes remotes work. The tvs appear to be about the same size
A clearer and sharper Stacy
Old 09-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #2757
sunsetpointe727
Earning My Ears

Hi all!

I am a long time lurker on the boards but now that I am planning my honeymoon I need to ask some questions! We are doing a triple split stay between AKL CL, BWI CL and CR CL from 8/5-8/17/14. We love to resort hop! However, we have only stayed at AKL and the poly before so we are unfamiliar with the contemporary and need a little help. We currently have atrium club level theme park view booked and I know there is only one king bed room that is available to be requested on that level. My question is if we choose the tower club level instead is it possible to actually book one of the two king bed rooms on that level or are the queen bed rooms in the same category? I know that there is a price difference but the fewer people make it worth it for us. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #2758
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetpointe727 View Post
Hi all!

I am a long time lurker on the boards but now that I am planning my honeymoon I need to ask some questions! We are doing a triple split stay between AKL CL, BWI CL and CR CL from 8/5-8/17/14. We love to resort hop! However, we have only stayed at AKL and the poly before so we are unfamiliar with the contemporary and need a little help. We currently have atrium club level theme park view booked and I know there is only one king bed room that is available to be requested on that level. My question is if we choose the tower club level instead is it possible to actually book one of the two king bed rooms on that level or are the queen bed rooms in the same category? I know that there is a price difference but the fewer people make it worth it for us. Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can book the king room. Its code is CW. There are two on the Tower Club Level so you will get one of those two rooms.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #2759
DisneyDreamingInMI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
so we are looking at going to Orlando in February with my inlaws so of course I looked at staying at the CR for a few nights and NOTHING is available...so what did I do???? booked our September trip instead at the CR!!! LOL

I was more disappointed than I thought I would be that I couldn't get it and didn't want the same thing to happen for next year so bit the bullet and did it!!
We are considering switching from POR to CR for our trip during the first week of February, but are finding that there are only Tower Theme Park View rooms available. Does anyone know why this might be when early Feb is supposed to be a "slower" time? If the rooms are being held for a convention or something, when might available rooms be released? Thanks!

CBR - March 1997, CBR - May 2004, Off-Site - August 2008, Poly - February 2012 (First Family Trip!), GF - February 2014

Old 09-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #2760
sunsetpointe727
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylfitz View Post
Yes, you can book the king room. Its code is CW. There are two on the Tower Club Level so you will get one of those two rooms.
Thank you so much!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: