Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #2731
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

We'll be checking in for 7 nights at a BLT standard view studio on Sunday! Although, we leave Thursday morning as we're staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for 3 nights first.

Thanks so much for this thread! It's been very helpful. I hope we love BLT (my Dad loves WL and my husband loves the Poly). My parents got a standard view studio too. Fingers crossed!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #2732
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by llouque View Post
Add us to the Logorail! Just booked CR Tower, theme park view for 5/25-6/1/14!!! I've been to WDW too many times to count, am a former CM and have always dreamed of CR TPV. So I'm making it happen! It will be myself, DH and DD4. We will be there a week before DD's birthday.

DD is obsessed with all things Disney. Her Momma has taught her well. Our first family trip to WDW was Jan 2011. We stayed in a family suite at the All Star Music then (AoA wasn't open yet) because the space made sense for us traveling with a 19 month old. We made our first trip to DLR this past May to experience Cars Land. (Lightening McQueen is her best friend, she says.) We stayed at the Grand Californian and were forever spoiled. DH is a very reluctant Disney traveller, and he's all for deluxe now. I'm happy to oblige!

I didn't think I'd be able to get DH back to a Disney vacation so soon, but he was already talking about out next trip by the time we got back from DLR in May. I'm sure the fact that it's all DD talks about helped that a little. It's taking everything I have not to tell DD. She's going to be thrilled but I can't take her asking me about it for the next 250 days!
WOOHOO! I could never keep quiet about a WDW vacation - will you have to spill the beans? Where were you a CM? What a great booking and happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Those rooms look very nice....thanks for posting (and thanks to LuvMySoldier07 for taking it ).

That's not a bad deal. Have you ever stayed on the 14th floor? I keep seeing "king" and "queen" rooms mentioned for that floor. In the queen rooms, are there 2 queens and a daybed, just 2 queens, or 1 queen and a daybed? Sorry for all of the questions, but I have always wondered about the 14th floor tower club and I'm just trying to understand the differences compared to the 12th floor Atrium club .
No, I've only stayed on the 12th. The rooms are larger on the 14th, but as a PP said, no daybeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
Does everyone think TPV is worth 150 more/night? Other than Wishes (which I think would be amazing from there), the view doesn't look like much.
The CR's TPV is amazing, however, we personally love the BLV. We prefer not seeing a parking lot below and we love the tranquility of Bay Lake and seeing the EWP. I booked a Tower Room and could have requested a TPV for no additional charge, but I still requested BLV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Just back, and had a wonderful time. We stay CL BLV and had a working frig in the room. Can not say enough how great CL was. Everyone was wonderful. Only real disappoint was California Grill but I will post that on restaurant thread.

Laura
Great that you had a wonderful CL stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
This is what I wrote about CG on the restaurant thread...

I know people will be upset with me but this is my family opinion. W e ate at CG on Friday the 13th. LOVED what they did with the restaurant it is beautiful!

But the food was, well, just not that good at all. First not to wild about the selection of apps they had but we went with the duck in its glory and spicy roll. We loved the spicy K roll it was out of this world. The duck one was just ok and we all love duck. Just was not that great. Than we received our dinner, 2 of us had the fillet and 1 the scallops and the other the 3 pork dinner. The fillets came out wrong, way over cooked. We ordered them rare, and black and blue. My DD who ordered hers black and blue came out rare, and she could live with it but mine came out medium, no where near rare. They did offer to take it back and get me another. The reason I hate this, is that everyone will be done with their dinner or close to when I get mine. But I did have them recook the steak, and of course everyone was done when it finally came out. My SIL scallops where way under cooked and my DH did not have enough.

So over all not a great experience. Watching the fireworks from our table was magical but the meal was not worth 2 dining credits. I know people will be upset with this, and to be honest this broke my heart. I have been going to CG since it was a dinner show. Loved it when it went to CG but this new change, well my family and I are not even sure we will give them a second try. That's how bad it was.

Laura
Would you have liked it better had you paid OOP and perhaps used a TiW discount? Thank you for posting your honest review. We've always had mixed feelings about CA Grill, mostly due to the inconsistent service, but the view is always consistently amazing. We still go every visit though, but I am very curious about going after the rehab. I'll be sure and let everyone know what we thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
KOOK. - please change my logorail entry from Feb 1-8 at BLT to Jan 4-6 at CR

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oh, no! What happened to BLT and February? But, you're going sooner, that's good, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
We'll be checking in for 7 nights at a BLT standard view studio on Sunday! Although, we leave Thursday morning as we're staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for 3 nights first.

Thanks so much for this thread! It's been very helpful. I hope we love BLT (my Dad loves WL and my husband loves the Poly). My parents got a standard view studio too. Fingers crossed!
You're welcome and if it helps, we loved BLT and we love WL, too. We're a Bay Lake family. Will you be able to check-in with us live? I hope you have a wonderful vacation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #2733
princessap
DIS Veteran

so we are looking at going to Orlando in February with my inlaws so of course I looked at staying at the CR for a few nights and NOTHING is available...so what did I do???? booked our September trip instead at the CR!!! LOL

I was more disappointed than I thought I would be that I couldn't get it and didn't want the same thing to happen for next year so bit the bullet and did it!!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #2734
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Would you have liked it better had you paid OOP and perhaps used a TiW discount? Thank you for posting your honest review. We've always had mixed feelings about CA Grill, mostly due to the inconsistent service, but the view is always consistently amazing. We still go every visit though, but I am very curious about going after the rehab. I'll be sure and let everyone know what we thought.
We have a TIW card and did use it for the extras that we ordered. And no I would have not like it either way. "Bad food or just plain, not good food" no matter how you pay for it is still not good.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 09-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #2735
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

I got my invite today to customize my magic bands for our Bay Lake Tower stay October 27th-November 3rd.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #2736
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
I got my invite today to customize my magic bands for our Bay Lake Tower stay October 27th-November 3rd.
That's wonderful. We really like using the MB while we were there, it really made everything easy.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 09-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #2737
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Checked in on Sunday night and everything has been wonderful. I was supposed to be a Standard Garden Wing room but was upgraded to a Tower room with Magic Kingdom view! I am here alone for a conference and I so wish my family could be here with me.

Magic Bands are awesome and no problems at all. Not having to remember my room key is the best. FP+ is great too.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 09-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #2738
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the thoughts on TPV. Still haven't really made up my mind yet. Will wait to see what the discounts bring, then go from there. Would be so nice to see Wishes from the room though.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #2739
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Does anyone know if there has ever been offers for upgrades at Bay Lake Tower? Just wondering.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #2740
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Ok, I think dates are finalized. Could you please add us to the LogORail? We'll be staying at BLT from July 17-24 next year to celebrate our 7 year anniversary of our Disney wedding! (Is it too far ahead to be added?)
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 09-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #2741
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

I'm here right now and were getting new Samsung hospitality led tv 39inch in the rooms. Just wanted to share that.

Mandy

Old 09-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #2742
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
I'm here right now and were getting new Samsung hospitality led tv 39inch in the rooms. Just wanted to share that.
In CR or BLT?
Old 09-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #2743
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post

Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
No, I've only stayed on the 12th. The rooms are larger on the 14th, but as a PP said, no daybeds.
Thanks . The larger room would be nice, but no daybed would be a deal breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
so we are looking at going to Orlando in February with my inlaws so of course I looked at staying at the CR for a few nights and NOTHING is available...so what did I do???? booked our September trip instead at the CR!!! LOL

I was more disappointed than I thought I would be that I couldn't get it and didn't want the same thing to happen for next year so bit the bullet and did it!!
Congrats on booking the CR . I'm sure you're going to love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Checked in on Sunday night and everything has been wonderful. I was supposed to be a Standard Garden Wing room but was upgraded to a Tower room with Magic Kingdom view! I am here alone for a conference and I so wish my family could be here with me.

Magic Bands are awesome and no problems at all. Not having to remember my room key is the best. FP+ is great too.
What a great upgrade.....enjoy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Ok, I think dates are finalized. Could you please add us to the LogORail? We'll be staying at BLT from July 17-24 next year to celebrate our 7 year anniversary of our Disney wedding! (Is it too far ahead to be added?)
Congrats on booking. It's never too early to be added to the log-orail .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
Thanks for sharing .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #2744
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiesmallwood View Post
in cr or blt?
cr

Mandy

Old 09-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #2745
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself! I've been lurking for a few weeks, but now that it looks almost certain we'll be at BLT...I'm jumping in!

My family of 4 (DS is 11, DD will turn 10 on our trip) will be sharing a 2 BR Villa with my sister and her husband, and also my Mom for the first part of the trip. DH's brother, wife and son, plus his other brother, will all be in a 1 BR Villa

We actually have had the 2 BR booked, but as a backup. We are Polynesian lovers, have stayed there 4 times. But it's really not looking like our beloved Polynesian will be....well, our beloved Polynesian, next March. We could handle a little construction, but construction over the water, on the east side of the resort, possibly Grand Ceremonial House AND the main pool? For that $$, sorry, no.

BIL and SIL have stayed at BLT before and loved it. We definitely wanted to be on the monorail. So I figured if I had to do something other than the Poly, then why not have a kitchen and laundry, more space, etc!!

So I'm excited to read more about BLT!

If you could add us to the Logorail, that would be great. We'll be there February 28-March 8

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: