Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #2716
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Beautiful room!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #2717
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Does everyone think TPV is worth 150 more/night? Other than Wishes (which I think would be amazing from there), the view doesn't look like much.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #2718
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
Does everyone think TPV is worth 150 more/night? Other than Wishes (which I think would be amazing from there), the view doesn't look like much.
I personally would rather be on the BL side. The evenings are nicer and the view is quite pleasant. However, my kids would strongly disagree with this and would much rather look at the MK than a boring old lake.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #2719
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOT Groupie View Post
In the queen rooms on the 14th floor there are two queen beds and NO day bed.
Thanks .

Quote:
We are trying the CR for the first time in December and after a lot of consideration, I went with TPV over BLV. We are staying CL and while I did consider going BLV since we will be able to see MK from the lounge, I really wanted to be able to have that view from our balcony. I did look at pics of both views and although the lake view seems very peaceful and quiet, I think I would enjoy seeing MK more (although that's just me).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #2720
snausman
Mouseketeer

Just back, and had a wonderful time. We stay CL BLV and had a working frig in the room. Can not say enough how great CL was. Everyone was wonderful. Only real disappoint was California Grill but I will post that on restaurant thread.

Laura

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 09-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #2721
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Just back, and had a wonderful time. We stay CL BLV and had a working frig in the room. Can not say enough how great CL was. Everyone was wonderful. Only real disappoint was California Grill but I will post that on restaurant thread.

Laura
I want to hear about the California grill. I have a reservation but thinking about canceling it because to tell you the truth, the menu just doesn't appeal to me. Please do tell
Old 09-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #2722
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
I want to hear about the California grill. I have a reservation but thinking about canceling it because to tell you the truth, the menu just doesn't appeal to me. Please do tell
This is what I wrote about CG on the restaurant thread...

I know people will be upset with me but this is my family opinion. W e ate at CG on Friday the 13th. LOVED what they did with the restaurant it is beautiful!

But the food was, well, just not that good at all. First not to wild about the selection of apps they had but we went with the duck in its glory and spicy roll. We loved the spicy K roll it was out of this world. The duck one was just ok and we all love duck. Just was not that great. Than we received our dinner, 2 of us had the fillet and 1 the scallops and the other the 3 pork dinner. The fillets came out wrong, way over cooked. We ordered them rare, and black and blue. My DD who ordered hers black and blue came out rare, and she could live with it but mine came out medium, no where near rare. They did offer to take it back and get me another. The reason I hate this, is that everyone will be done with their dinner or close to when I get mine. But I did have them recook the steak, and of course everyone was done when it finally came out. My SIL scallops where way under cooked and my DH did not have enough.

So over all not a great experience. Watching the fireworks from our table was magical but the meal was not worth 2 dining credits. I know people will be upset with this, and to be honest this broke my heart. I have been going to CG since it was a dinner show. Loved it when it went to CG but this new change, well my family and I are not even sure we will give them a second try. That's how bad it was.

Laura

***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 09-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #2723
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The new menu was not very appealing to us either. We wish we didn't use 2 dining credits on it. Oh well, live and learn. But this is our opinion only, I am sure there are a lot of people out there that loved it.

Laura

Old 09-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #2724
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
This is what I wrote about CG on the restaurant thread...

I know people will be upset with me but this is my family opinion. W e ate at CG on Friday the 13th. LOVED what they did with the restaurant it is beautiful!

But the food was, well, just not that good at all. First not to wild about the selection of apps they had but we went with the duck in its glory and spicy roll. We loved the spicy K roll it was out of this world. The duck one was just ok and we all love duck. Just was not that great. Than we received our dinner, 2 of us had the fillet and 1 the scallops and the other the 3 pork dinner. The fillets came out wrong, way over cooked. We ordered them rare, and black and blue. My DD who ordered hers black and blue came out rare, and she could live with it but mine came out medium, no where near rare. They did offer to take it back and get me another. The reason I hate this, is that everyone will be done with their dinner or close to when I get mine. But I did have them recook the steak, and of course everyone was done when it finally came out. My SIL scallops where way under cooked and my DH did not have enough.

So over all not a great experience. Watching the fireworks from our table was magical but the meal was not worth 2 dining credits. I know people will be upset with this, and to be honest this broke my heart. I have been going to CG since it was a dinner show. Loved it when it went to CG but this new change, well my family and I are not even sure we will give them a second try. That's how bad it was.

Laura
Thanks for the info I think maybe we will go for dessert only and save our dining credits.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #2725
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the info I think maybe we will go for dessert only and save our dining credits.
Now the desserts were good. Not outstanding but very good.

Laura

Old 09-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #2726
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Laura
Glad you had a great trip and loved CR CL. We are trying the CR for the first time in December (also staying CL) and I'm excited to try it after reading all the great CL reviews .

Quote:
the menu just doesn't appeal to me.
I was thinking of booking CG for our December trip as we've never eaten there, but after glancing at the menu, it didn't look appealing to me either .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #2727
babyberger
DIS Veteran

KOOK. - please change my logorail entry from Feb 1-8 at BLT to Jan 4-6 at CR

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #2728
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have only paid extra for views rarely. I did go for the VGF lake view because it is RIGHT ON THE WATER!

For CR my first stay was a single night before our BLT 5 nights. I went for it since only one night.

I loved it! Morning coffee listening to the boats, busses , train!

Watching the monorail and SEEING THE CASTLE!

Afternoon coffee, ditto!

Glass of wine at 4:30p on balcony, you guessed it, balcony and castle and sounds.

Sunset is just my favorite as the lights seem to dance across the water .

Then to keep curtains open and peek at castle all night, priceless.

However I have been to dis so many times I spend a lot of time in the room and at the resort in general. If you will be in parks all day then 150 would sure buy a lot of cupcakes, t-shirts, Mickey bars etc

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #2729
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We LOVE the TPV, however we have not had to pay $150/nt for it. It is usually only around $35-40 more for us. I can tell you I would not pay $150/nt more for it, unless money was no object. But I will say we could not have felt any more immersed in Disney than we did while sitting on our TPV balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #2730
minniesbiggiestfan
Mouseketeer

Has anyone gotten a BB offer? If so what was it

Me
Dh
Ds (11)
Dd (8)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread