Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #2701
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedisney50 View Post
We will be in a 2 bedroom with twin toddlers. Can we request 2 high chairs? Should I request them when we check in?
You can always ask Housekeeping for another high chair and another packandplay if you need one.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #2702
FigmentMomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Oh, thank you! I'm excited to have secured this elusive booking. The Tower Club non-suites don't even appear online and they are a very confusing (for some CMs) category to book. I am thrilled to have been able to book with the discount.

I can't wait to hear about your fast-approaching club level stays. Will you be posting to the RC thread or a TR? Will you post live?
Hi all- new to the board but not to disney world travel. went every other year as a kiddo now have been going every year since having my own 4 years ago. This post was super interesting to me as we are headed to CR in late October.

How did you get them to book these rooms? It seems like they are 4911 and 4912 but according to reservations they can only book by room type not number. I know there are zillions of customer service reps (hence the different answers) so i figured trying again. but any help would be awesome!

Also, how much less are these rooms than standard club level (which runs $720-$800 night during our stay).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #2703
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentMomma View Post
Hi all- new to the board but not to disney world travel. went every other year as a kiddo now have been going every year since having my own 4 years ago. This post was super interesting to me as we are headed to CR in late October.

How did you get them to book these rooms? It seems like they are 4911 and 4912 but according to reservations they can only book by room type not number. I know there are zillions of customer service reps (hence the different answers) so i figured trying again. but any help would be awesome!

Also, how much less are these rooms than standard club level (which runs $720-$800 night during our stay).
There are only two king club level rooms on the 14th floor, so even though you are not technically booking a specific room, it is either going to be 4911 or 4912. Both king rooms face the Magic Kingdom. There are three queen rooms in the Tower Club. 4913 is a Magic Kingdom view. 4905 is a Bay Lake view. 4915 is a HA Magic Kingdom view. None of these rooms show up on website so you must book them by phone.

All the standard (king and queen) rooms are the same price.

Last edited by kellylfitz; 09-14-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #2704
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentMomma View Post

to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread!

The 14th floor/Tower Club rooms were always sort of a mystery to me, too. I've had trouble in the past even trying to get the WDTC to quote a price on a non-suite room. They don't offer these rooms on their website or even allude to their existence. Why? I have no idea. There is a lot of confusion with them. They call the non-suite rooms on the 14th floor "Standard Club Level." There are only 5 non-suite rooms: Two kings and 3 Queens (one is HA).

To confuse matters more, there is no reference to "Tower Club." Whereas the Atrium Club rooms are called that, though the Bay Lake View is called "Standard View." Again, very confusing for no good reason. I learned from kellylfitz that for her 14th floor booking it's listed on her confirmation as "Standard CL" so I knew to ask for that rather than Tower Club Level or 14th floor. I also knew that I could in fact book with a discount, since Kelly had.

Here is the 14th floor CL map with room numbers:

If you want to book one of the non-suite Tower Club rooms, you'll have to call the WDTC and ask for "Standard Club Level" availability in a king or queen, whichever you prefer. Ask them to then verify that it's the 14th floor and match the letter designator to your preference. For example, I booked a queen so the WDW Resort designator is "CY" for a Standard Club Level Queen room. I also wanted the Bay Lake View so I requested room 4905.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "How much less are these rooms than standard club level." The 14th floor is actually called "Standard Club Level" for the booking. (It should be called Tower Club.) The Tower Club rooms do cost more than the Atrium Club rooms. Using the military 40% discount, a Queen 14th floor room is exactly $30 more per night than a Queen Atrium Club room in June.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #2705
FigmentMomma
Earning My Ears

Thank you both so much for the info. There was no room discount for us this trip so we'll be in the garden wing with dining. But this is great info for our next visit. Hopefully we can score a good room discount next year. Wdwkook 40% is awesome (and well deserved-thank you for your service to our country).

Loving this thread and the great info. We've stayed off property, swan x2, dolphin, por, pop, akl, pofq. Really looking forward to the contemporary this trip.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #2706
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

We were finally able to book our preferred dates today!! Yay!! July 17-24 at BLT We requested a dedicated two bedroom. I know others have mentioned requesting a higher floor. It looks like MK view rooms begin right around the same height as the monorail. Is the view really blocked if you're on that level? I don't want to make too many requests bc we are really set on trying to get a dedicated 2 bedroom and I don't want too many requests to complicate that
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 09-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #2707
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread!

The 14th floor/Tower Club rooms were always sort of a mystery to me, too. I've had trouble in the past even trying to get the WDTC to quote a price on a non-suite room. They don't offer these rooms on their website or even allude to their existence. Why? I have no idea. There is a lot of confusion with them. They call the non-suite rooms on the 14th floor "Standard Club Level." There are only 5 non-suite rooms: Two kings and 3 Queens (one is HA).

To confuse matters more, there is no reference to "Tower Club." Whereas the Atrium Club rooms are called that, though the Bay Lake View is called "Standard View." Again, very confusing for no good reason. I learned from kellylfitz that for her 14th floor booking it's listed on her confirmation as "Standard CL" so I knew to ask for that rather than Tower Club Level or 14th floor. I also knew that I could in fact book with a discount, since Kelly had.

Here is the 14th floor CL map with room numbers:

If you want to book one of the non-suite Tower Club rooms, you'll have to call the WDTC and ask for "Standard Club Level" availability in a king or queen, whichever you prefer. Ask them to then verify that it's the 14th floor and match the letter designator to your preference. For example, I booked a queen so the WDW Resort designator is "CY" for a Standard Club Level Queen room. I also wanted the Bay Lake View so I requested room 4905.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "How much less are these rooms than standard club level." The 14th floor is actually called "Standard Club Level" for the booking. (It should be called Tower Club.) The Tower Club rooms do cost more than the Atrium Club rooms. Using the military 40% discount, a Queen 14th floor room is exactly $30 more per night than a Queen Atrium Club room in June.
This is interesting about the 14th floor. I was going to ask about a "tower club" room when I booked last month, but I was kind of confused about the rooms and what exactly was on that floor that I decided not to. Having only a $30 difference between Atrium club and Tower club with your discount isn't bad at all .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We were finally able to book our preferred dates today!! Yay!! July 17-24 at BLT
Congrats on booking .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #2708
JackStraw
Earning My Ears

Room decor

I have TPV rooms for Tower but am contemplating CL. Intently following thread for info re: 14th floor refurb, etc! In the meantime, can someone clarify whther room decor is the black/tan headboard design with white duvet; moss pillows; orange desk chair OR the black and white geometric print blanket with the yellow circular pillows? Have seen pix of both and can't figure out which is the norm!

Also, question for those of you have stayed both 12th and 14th fl CL - is the noise from Chef Mickey's really something to be concerned about on Atrium level? Similarly, does the noise from restaurant directly above the 14th floor run through ceiling into room?

THANKS!!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #2709
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

We finally have a post-rehab 14th floor Tower Club photo! The room is beautiful! I can't wait to see more of LuvMySoldier07's room and lounge photos

I was so excited that I do hope it's OK with LuvMySoldier07 (LCOFF710 on Instagram) to have screen shot and edited her room photo she posted yesterday so that we could all see it. If it isn't OK with her, I'll remove the photo and you can go to Instagram to see her photo. We don't have an Instagram account, but if you Google her username and Instagram, you can get to it. She posted her Instagram username here a couple of days ago. She is in a King room:

Old 09-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #2710
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
This is interesting about the 14th floor. I was going to ask about a "tower club" room when I booked last month, but I was kind of confused about the rooms and what exactly was on that floor that I decided not to. Having only a $30 difference between Atrium club and Tower club with your discount isn't bad at all .

Congrats on booking .
Thank you. The $30 difference is between a BLV Atrium Club room and a 14th floor room, which can have either a BLV or a TPV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
I have TPV rooms for Tower but am contemplating CL. Intently following thread for info re: 14th floor refurb, etc! In the meantime, can someone clarify whther room decor is the black/tan headboard design with white duvet; moss pillows; orange desk chair OR the black and white geometric print blanket with the yellow circular pillows? Have seen pix of both and can't figure out which is the norm!

Also, question for those of you have stayed both 12th and 14th fl CL - is the noise from Chef Mickey's really something to be concerned about on Atrium level? Similarly, does the noise from restaurant directly above the 14th floor run through ceiling into room?

THANKS!!
I have links to the new CR rooms in Post #1. The "round yellow pillows" is the current room decor and the photo taken by LuvMySoldier07 in the post above is of a 14th floor non-suite room. That's the only floor that has a different decor from the rest of the CR rooms.

If you are close to CM, you can hear the Celebration song on the 12th floor, but running the fan all the time helps a lot. I, too have heard that CA Grill can be noisy above the 14th floor rooms, especially after closing. I hope that LuvMySoldier07 will let us know if she heard anything above her now that CA Grill has re-opened.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #2711
llouque
Earning My Ears

Add us to the Logorail! Just booked CR Tower, theme park view for 5/25-6/1/14!!! I've been to WDW too many times to count, am a former CM and have always dreamed of CR TPV. So I'm making it happen! It will be myself, DH and DD4. We will be there a week before DD's birthday.

DD is obsessed with all things Disney. Her Momma has taught her well. Our first family trip to WDW was Jan 2011. We stayed in a family suite at the All Star Music then (AoA wasn't open yet) because the space made sense for us traveling with a 19 month old. We made our first trip to DLR this past May to experience Cars Land. (Lightening McQueen is her best friend, she says.) We stayed at the Grand Californian and were forever spoiled. DH is a very reluctant Disney traveller, and he's all for deluxe now. I'm happy to oblige!

I didn't think I'd be able to get DH back to a Disney vacation so soon, but he was already talking about out next trip by the time we got back from DLR in May. I'm sure the fact that it's all DD talks about helped that a little. It's taking everything I have not to tell DD. She's going to be thrilled but I can't take her asking me about it for the next 250 days!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #2712
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We finally have a post-rehab 14th floor Tower Club photo! The room is beautiful! I can't wait to see more of LuvMySoldier07's room and lounge photos
Those rooms look very nice....thanks for posting (and thanks to LuvMySoldier07 for taking it ).

Quote:
Thank you. The $30 difference is between a BLV Atrium Club room and a 14th floor room, which can have either a BLV or a TPV.
That's not a bad deal. Have you ever stayed on the 14th floor? I keep seeing "king" and "queen" rooms mentioned for that floor. In the queen rooms, are there 2 queens and a daybed, just 2 queens, or 1 queen and a daybed? Sorry for all of the questions, but I have always wondered about the 14th floor tower club and I'm just trying to understand the differences compared to the 12th floor Atrium club .

Quote:
Originally Posted by llouque View Post
Add us to the Logorail! Just booked CR Tower, theme park view for 5/25-6/1/14!!! I've been to WDW too many times to count, am a former CM and have always dreamed of CR TPV. So I'm making it happen! It will be myself, DH and DD4. We will be there a week before DD's birthday.

DD is obsessed with all things Disney. Her Momma has taught her well. Our first family trip to WDW was Jan 2011. We stayed in a family suite at the All Star Music then (AoA wasn't open yet) because the space made sense for us traveling with a 19 month old. We made our first trip to DLR this past May to experience Cars Land. (Lightening McQueen is her best friend, she says.) We stayed at the Grand Californian and were forever spoiled. DH is a very reluctant Disney traveller, and he's all for deluxe now. I'm happy to oblige!

I didn't think I'd be able to get DH back to a Disney vacation so soon, but he was already talking about out next trip by the time we got back from DLR in May. I'm sure the fact that it's all DD talks about helped that a little. It's taking everything I have not to tell DD. She's going to be thrilled but I can't take her asking me about it for the next 250 days!
Congrats on booking CR TPV .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #2713
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We were finally able to book our preferred dates today!! Yay!! July 17-24 at BLT We requested a dedicated two bedroom. I know others have mentioned requesting a higher floor. It looks like MK view rooms begin right around the same height as the monorail. Is the view really blocked if you're on that level? I don't want to make too many requests bc we are really set on trying to get a dedicated 2 bedroom and I don't want too many requests to complicate that
For DVC, dedicated is a booking category. You might wind up with a lockoff. What does your reservation say?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #2714
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Oooooh! I'm liking those Tower Club rooms! Beautiful!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #2715
TOT Groupie
Earning My Ears

In the queen rooms on the 14th floor there are two queen beds and NO day bed.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: