Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #2671
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

We woke up to find that ME envelope hanging on our door So you know what that means: Today is our last full day here and tomorrow we fly home But 12 nights is about enough, and truthfully, I am ready to see my grandkids

This has been an especially magical trip for us. We've loved our time here at the CR and any of you making trips here soon will love it!

Only a few things that I would consider not magical (and they really were minor issues): 1) Our room got skipped by Mousekeeping one day...not sure why 2) Buses to the DHS took forever and included stops at Poly and GF first 3) Contempo Cafe menu gets old quick bc they have a very limited selection IMHO. The quality of the food there is good, just not much to choose from. 4) The pool snack shack/pool bar closes at 6pm (that's crazy early when you're on vacation and want a drink to hang out down there 5) The Arcade is run down with several games broken; really needs a refurb. Remember when this was such an impressive array of new technology games

Things we loved about CR: 1) Never had any monorail issues. I know this has been a problem in the past, but not this trip 2) Easy walk to MK 3) No elevator issues, again, problem for some in past, but not for us 4) Hardly ever anyone at the pool....always plenty of lounges, and space to spread out 5) Great gift shops IMHO 6)Total Disney Magic immersion: Step out room door and see Mickey and Friends dancing and singing at Chef Mickeys or watch the monorail whizzing by; Step out on balcony and see the castle, or Bay Lake and pool area 6) Huge rooms (by Disney resort standards anyways) 7) Large balconies (Tower rooms). Man, we used our balcony all the time as an extension of our room. Loved having coffee out there in the morning or eating late night snack at night. They have two comfy chairs with a small cube table that can be used for sitting on too. We also dragged our big green ottoman from the room out there and there was plenty of room for all 4 of us to sit on balcony at one time.

Well, as you can see, we big CR fans and can't wait to return same time next year. We always come this time of year, but this was the lowest crowds at the parks we've ever seen.....we used our FP+, but really, we didn't need them (except on TSM). The only time I saw crowds was at Fantasmic last night....almost full stadium. Our MBs worked wonderfully and we liked not having to carry any cards with us.

Good luck and have fun to all of you with upcoming trips
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 09-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #2672
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Hi! New to this thread!

I am WAY early with this question but I just booked a CR Garden Wing Garden View room for next fall. When doing online checkin, what options are available for room requests? When I made the reservation, I requested ground floor with patio so I know that's already noted on my reservation. On my last trip we stayed at 2 different hotels and I noticed that the online check in requests were different for the 2 resorts so I was curious what they were for the CR.

Also, does anyone have pictures of the view from a Garden Wing Garden View room they may have stayed in? It's very hard to find information on the Garden Wing rooms! and I'm dying for information to get me through the next 407 days!!!

THANK YOU!!

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #2673
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I was able to book a Tower Club Level (14th floor) room today for 6/22 - 7/3 with the military discount. I'm just a tad excited. Off to scribble myself into the Log-orail

Vintage WDW: CA Grill through the Years.
Disney Parks Blog.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 09-12-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #2674
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
We woke up to find that ME envelope hanging on our door So you know what that means: Today is our last full day here and tomorrow we fly home But 12 nights is about enough, and truthfully, I am ready to see my grandkids

This has been an especially magical trip for us. We've loved our time here at the CR and any of you making trips here soon will love it!

Only a few things that I would consider not magical (and they really were minor issues): 1) Our room got skipped by Mousekeeping one day...not sure why 2) Buses to the DHS took forever and included stops at Poly and GF first 3) Contempo Cafe menu gets old quick bc they have a very limited selection IMHO. The quality of the food there is good, just not much to choose from. 4) The pool snack shack/pool bar closes at 6pm (that's crazy early when you're on vacation and want a drink to hang out down there 5) The Arcade is run down with several games broken; really needs a refurb. Remember when this was such an impressive array of new technology games

Things we loved about CR: 1) Never had any monorail issues. I know this has been a problem in the past, but not this trip 2) Easy walk to MK 3) No elevator issues, again, problem for some in past, but not for us 4) Hardly ever anyone at the pool....always plenty of lounges, and space to spread out 5) Great gift shops IMHO 6)Total Disney Magic immersion: Step out room door and see Mickey and Friends dancing and singing at Chef Mickeys or watch the monorail whizzing by; Step out on balcony and see the castle, or Bay Lake and pool area 6) Huge rooms (by Disney resort standards anyways) 7) Large balconies (Tower rooms). Man, we used our balcony all the time as an extension of our room. Loved having coffee out there in the morning or eating late night snack at night. They have two comfy chairs with a small cube table that can be used for sitting on too. We also dragged our big green ottoman from the room out there and there was plenty of room for all 4 of us to sit on balcony at one time.

Well, as you can see, we big CR fans and can't wait to return same time next year. We always come this time of year, but this was the lowest crowds at the parks we've ever seen.....we used our FP+, but really, we didn't need them (except on TSM). The only time I saw crowds was at Fantasmic last night....almost full stadium. Our MBs worked wonderfully and we liked not having to carry any cards with us.

Good luck and have fun to all of you with upcoming trips
Thanks for posting your thoughts on your stay! I hope you get to book your next trip soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
Hi! New to this thread!

I am WAY early with this question but I just booked a CR Garden Wing Garden View room for next fall. When doing online checkin, what options are available for room requests? When I made the reservation, I requested ground floor with patio so I know that's already noted on my reservation. On my last trip we stayed at 2 different hotels and I noticed that the online check in requests were different for the 2 resorts so I was curious what they were for the CR.

Also, does anyone have pictures of the view from a Garden Wing Garden View room they may have stayed in? It's very hard to find information on the Garden Wing rooms! and I'm dying for information to get me through the next 407 days!!!

THANK YOU!!
Welcome and it's never too early to plan. I have view photos of two of the three GW/GV room views on the first page in the ROOMS section. One fronts Bay Lake and the other fronts the canal.

I don't know what the OCI options are for the GW, but always have your exact request in your reservation by calling. OCI options are usually very limited and/or sometimes not even relevant to your specific booking. If you do OCI though and you choose requests, those requests will not override your called-in requests, the Room Assignor will see both called-in and OCI requests.

Happy planning!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #2675
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I was able to book a Tower Club Level (14th floor) room today for 6/22 - 7/3 with the military discount. I'm just a tad excited. Off to scribble myself into the Log-orail

Disney Parks Blog.
Well done Kook! Congrats!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #2676
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Well done Kook! Congrats!!

Oh, thank you! I'm excited to have secured this elusive booking. The Tower Club non-suites don't even appear online and they are a very confusing (for some CMs) category to book. I am thrilled to have been able to book with the discount.

I can't wait to hear about your fast-approaching club level stays. Will you be posting to the RC thread or a TR? Will you post live?
Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #2677
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:

Disney Parks Blog.
We'll be there 16 days after you!! I'm excited too! Congrats!!!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #2678
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
We'll be there 16 days after you!! I'm excited too! Congrats!!!!!
I didn't see you in the Log-orail so I forgot when your trip is. You need a ticker! Looks like your ADR date is in January, mine is 12/24. I can't believe I actually got the Tower Queen with the 40% off. There are only two non-HA Queen Tower Club rooms. I requested 4905 which is the BLV - I know, I must be a rare bird.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #2679
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
I didn't see you in the Log-orail so I forgot when your trip is. You need a ticker! Looks like your ADR date is in January, mine is 12/24. I can't believe I actually got the Tower Queen with the 40% off. There are only two non-HA Queen Tower Club rooms. I requested 4905 which is the BLV - I know, I must be a rare bird.
Are the military discounts the only ones out at this time? The first night we have two of the queen rooms reserved until they can move over to the two bedroom suite. We couldn't get the suite the first night. I know they don't discount the suites but maybe we can get one for the single room.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #2680
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

We'll be at CR July 18-21, YC July 21-26, and AKL July 26-28.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #2681
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Are the military discounts the only ones out at this time? The first night we have two of the queen rooms reserved until they can move over to the two bedroom suite. We couldn't get the suite the first night. I know they don't discount the suites but maybe we can get one for the single room.
Currently, the only other discount that extends out the furthest is the AP room-only that goes through 12/24. There are also some FD Bouncebacks for next year. The military room-only expires 9/14 so that's why I was able to book it. You're correct about the suites not being discounted, but since I was able to get a discount on the Queen/King, you might be able to when discounts extend that far.

Quote:
I'll put you in the Log.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #2682
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Thanks KOOK!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #2683
leesawdw
Earning My Ears

Contemporary first timer

My friend and I will be staying at the Contemporary for the first time from Dec. 10-Dec.17. I have enjoyed reading through the threads and seeing photos of the resort. We are staying in the Tower.

Would love to be added to the roll!!
Dec. 2004
Sept. 2008
Dec. 2013!! Grad-School Graduation Celebration!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #2684
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdib2036 View Post
Hi, a newbie needing some help and info here...I'm planning to visit in early Aug 2014 and would like to stay for a week in a one bedroom at BLT. But...the WDW website says ALL rooms at BLT are booked during that time. Is that possible so far ahead of the trip? Or is there anything that impact booking of this hotel? It does not appear to be the case for any other villa. Thanks all.
I am trying to book for July 2014 and started a whole thread to track the process because there's really no consistent rhyme or reason to what's open and when. I don't know how to link my other thread here from my IPhone, but I will link it tomorrow for you! The basic answer for you now is that your dates aren't open yet, but don't give up hope!

Here it is http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137255
And depending on when you're going in August, your dates might be open now. Today all the dates through a check out date of August 5 appeared to be available in all categories except 2 bedroom standard view!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)

Last edited by SRUAlmn; 09-13-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #2685
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nice! My kind of trip! Best of ALL worlds!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: