Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #2656
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOT Groupie View Post
We were there for 4 nights. There was usually just my DH and I and one other party in the lounge at any one time. We saw about 4 of the other parties staying there.
Thanks for the update! We requested 4912 and 4913 for our October trip. Even more excited now!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #2657
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

TOT Groupie:

I just remembered a concern I had about the 14th floor. I just read a new CA Grill review that mentioned that the new restaurant is much louder and noisier than it used to be. That reminded me that I had read that it can be very noisy in the 14th floor rooms, particularly after CA Grill closes and they're cleaning up into the wee hours. I know that it hadn't opened back up yet when you were there, but did you hear anything above you?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #2658
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylfitz View Post
Thanks for the update! We requested 4912 and 4913 for our October trip. Even more excited now!
So excited to see your photos and read your review. Can you post live?
Old 09-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #2659
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
So excited to see your photos and read your review. Can you post live?
Sure thing! I will post some photos as soon as I get them.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #2660
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Quote:
Ok, this is my 3rd attempt to post this reply, I keep getting thrown out.

I do believe the décor is different in the rooms, and in particular the lounge than the other floors. There was no yellow in the room we had and there was no desk. The carpet in the halls was the same (fried egg design) as I had seen in the pictures posted on this thread. The room was in white and shades of gray. Very soothing and serene.

Everything was brand new, beds, tvs, linens, etc. The bathroom was vary spacious, but seemed to have a lot of wasted space. There was one sink in the tub area, but there was a lot of surface space. The vanity was open and it looked like you could store things underneath, but you didn't need it with all the surface area. There was a magnifying mirror attached to one side of the vanity and there was a large mirror over the sink. There was a second sink in the toilet area located on the far side of the bathroom. It was a separate area. There were a lot of towel bars, but only one hook. Those were the only mirrors in the room.

I did notice that the sheers on the window/glass door to the balcony appeared to be the same for every floor.

We had two chairs and a small side table on the balcony, but we had room for several more chairs and a larger table.

Like I said there was no day bed and there was not any kind of lounge chair. We had connecting doors on both sides of our room. We connected to what looks like one of the kind bed rooms and a one bedroom suite, and I guess a chair would have been in the walking path. We did have a table and two chairs.

We had a new freezer and the wall unit that had the freezer, drawers, tv, etc appeared to be new.

I'm sorry if this seems disjointed, but I'm at work and I keep getting distracted.
Thank you for your posts about Tower Club I am staying there this weekend and was concerned the refurb wasn't completed yet. I am so excited to see it! I will post some pictures when I return for those who are interested
Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #2661
TOT Groupie
Earning My Ears

We didn't notice any noise from above, but Wishes is really loud (lol)! Also Nights of Joy was going on while we were there and we could hear the music from that if the air conditioner wasn't running, but it didn't keep us up.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #2662
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylfitz View Post
Sure thing! I will post some photos as soon as I get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Thank you for your posts about Tower Club I am staying there this weekend and was concerned the refurb wasn't completed yet. I am so excited to see it! I will post some pictures when I return for those who are interested
This weekend?! I'm interested! Very interested! I forgot that you would be there then! Yippee! Did you book the Queen or King? Please let me know if it was noisy at night from CA Grill and we would just love photos! I can't wait to see your photos and hear about the lounge. Since you'll have access to both CL lounges, if you get a chance, I'd love to know if they do offer the exact same food and drink. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #2663
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:

Definitely interested!! We have a one bedroom and a two bedroom suite booked next July for our party of 12.

Would love to see room pictures as well as lounge!!! Have a great time!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #2664
WDWKOOK

Quote:
We didn't notice any noise from above, but Wishes is really loud (lol)! Also Nights of Joy was going on while we were there and we could hear the music from that if the air conditioner wasn't running, but it didn't keep us up.
Thanks. We always run the fan continuously at night which helps, but nothing can drown out Wishes and EWP, but that's all good 'noise'

Was anyone ever in the lounge watching Wishes? We always book BLV at CR so we would use the lounge to watch. The Atrium Club lounge would get quite a few spectators.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #2665
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
This weekend?! I'm interested! Very interested! I forgot that you would be there then! Yippee! Did you book the Queen or King? Please let me know if it was noisy at night from CA Grill and we would just love photos! I can't wait to see your photos and hear about the lounge. Since you'll have access to both CL lounges, if you get a chance, I'd love to know if they do offer the exact same food and drink. Thanks!
Yup we arrive Saturday for a 5 night stay. We booked a King room. I will try to check out the other lounge to see if they have the same offerings. I'll report back when we get home.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #2666
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yup we arrive Saturday for a 5 night stay. We booked a King room. I will try to check out the other lounge to see if they have the same offerings. I'll report back when we get home.
I can't wait to hear about your stay and see pics . We are trying Atrium club in December, but Tower club did enter my mind .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #2667
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Have a great trip! Wish we were going this week. Can't wait to hear about it.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #2668
cdib2036
Earning My Ears

Booking in Aug 2014

Hi, a newbie needing some help and info here...I'm planning to visit in early Aug 2014 and would like to stay for a week in a one bedroom at BLT. But...the WDW website says ALL rooms at BLT are booked during that time. Is that possible so far ahead of the trip? Or is there anything that impact booking of this hotel? It does not appear to be the case for any other villa. Thanks all.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #2669
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdib2036 View Post
Hi, a newbie needing some help and info here...I'm planning to visit in early Aug 2014 and would like to stay for a week in a one bedroom at BLT. But...the WDW website says ALL rooms at BLT are booked during that time. Is that possible so far ahead of the trip? Or is there anything that impact booking of this hotel? It does not appear to be the case for any other villa. Thanks all.
This is by no means an area of expertise for me so I can't really answer your specific questions, but I will say that since you are so far out, you might consider renting points from a DVC owner and saving yourself a boatload of money. I've never done it myself, but there are lots of threads on here about it.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #2670
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdib2036 View Post
to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread!

Don't worry - there's availability - just not yet. DVC holds back cash reservations for villas until about the 7-9 month point, it can vary. Try looking again for August around November. You'll see plenty of one bedrooms online and/or if you call. You can even apply any applicable discounts to your reservation or even at a later date and you'll receive daily housekeeping, too. I tried looking for June availability at BLT using the military rate, but those villas haven't been released yet either, but they had released the two-bedrooms and Studios.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 09-12-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: TYPO
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: