Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #2626
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Any update on the refurbishment of the 14th floor? I am booked for a king room/tower club-level next weekend and hoping the rooms are complete
Definitely interested in hearing about your trip. We are staying Tower Club level in October. Have a great trip.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #2627
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome back to CR! The bathrooms weren't re-done in the latest rehab. It was only a soft goods rehab. The sinks do have a lot of space underneath and also in between them there is room for toiletries. You could also hang a toiletry bag up on the ladder-style towel holder that's on the wall. We love that the toilet is in a separate area with a pocket door. But, personally, I think that 4 adults in any regular room could seem crowded. Have you thought about a BLT one-bedroom? I'm only mentioning it because they have two bathrooms and sleep 5.

The nice thing about the Tower is that all the rooms have a balcony and unobstructed views, unlike the Poly. It's also so convenient to be able to walk right to the MK. I also like not seeing those carts speeding around everywhere like at the Poly.

Keep us posted and let us know if you have more questions
Thank you! I also noticed that there is another mirror above the desk in the room, so that may be another good option for getting ready in the morning.

Part of the reason we are leaning towards the monorail resorts this trip is because of the larger room size. We did check out BLT 1-BR pricing, but it appeared to be significantly more than a regular tower room for the same theme park view (our main priority), plus my sister and I would have to sleep on that pull-out sofa instead of a queen bed. We are all pretty low maintenance, so think that one large room should (hopefully) suffice.

I will certainly keep you posted and appreciate your help!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #2628
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

MY WL/VWL PICTORIAL OVERVIEW/TR IS POSTED HERE.

Hope to see everyone over there - there are plenty of good rockers still available!

Time to get caught up here now...
Old 09-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #2629
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Thank you! I also noticed that there is another mirror above the desk in the room, so that may be another good option for getting ready in the morning.

Part of the reason we are leaning towards the monorail resorts this trip is because of the larger room size. We did check out BLT 1-BR pricing, but it appeared to be significantly more than a regular tower room for the same theme park view (our main priority), plus my sister and I would have to sleep on that pull-out sofa instead of a queen bed. We are all pretty low maintenance, so think that one large room should (hopefully) suffice.

I will certainly keep you posted and appreciate your help!
Yes, I forgot about the mirror. My DD would use the table and mirror sometimes and I would dry my hair there if someone was in the shower. I think it will work out just fine for you all.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #2630
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
MY WL/VWL PICTORIAL OVERVIEW/TR IS POSTED HERE.

Hope to see everyone over there - there are plenty of good rockers still available!

Time to get caught up here now...
It's awesome, KOOK .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #2631
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylfitz View Post
Definitely interested in hearing about your trip. We are staying Tower Club level in October. Have a great trip.
Thank you. I will post when we get home
Old 09-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #2632
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Thank you. I will post when we get home
Thanks! There is so little information out there regarding the refurb that it will be cool to finally see what they've done. The descriptions seem to say that they were going to keep some of the wellness elements, but no one seems to know how much.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #2633
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylfitz View Post
Thanks! There is so little information out there regarding the refurb that it will be cool to finally see what they've done. The descriptions seem to say that they were going to keep some of the wellness elements, but no one seems to know how much.
I am so excited to see what they've done. I am just hoping its all completed- we arrive on Saturday. If its not done, I guess they will move us to Atrium club. Either way, I am going to be so happy to be there that it won't really matter.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #2634
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Just checking in

We did the Night Of Joy both nights and had a great time, although the rain was crazy on Friday night. If you like the contemporary Christian music scene, this is a really cool vibe and super fun. On Sat night, we were some of the last peeps out of the park at 2am and caught the last monorail back to the CR.

Yesterday, we spent the day at Epcot...it was the least crowded I have ever seen. We had FP + but really didn't need them at all. Soarin was 15 minutes, Test Track was 20 mins, we were the only people in the caramel place in Germany. Rode TT for the first time since the refurb and loved it. Also, the weather was super nice for this time of year in Florida...not too hot and had a good breeze blowing.

Random notes: FP+ has really been convenient and I love using it. I can see where it would be a nightmare if you were having issues with your MBs though.

The entire Journey into Imagination pavilion should be gutted and re-done. Seriously, have any Disney execs gone in there lately? Totally embarrassing. I cringe just thinking about it.

Pertaining to CR: loving it here...no elevator issues or monorail issues. All CMs have been really friendly. Great Mousekeepers, room in great condition, no noise issues from room (although some friends over on the MK side of Tower say that the MK soundtrack bothers them early in the morning).

My DS's have a YES class this morning at MK. DH and I gonna try to find a walk in for breakfast somewhere.
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 09-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #2635
WDWKOOK

Today is the grand re-opening of CA Grill! Is anyone eating there soon? We would all love to have a review ASAP!
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #2636
WDWKOOK

An extensive review of CA Grill with many photos and the new menu is posted HERE.

Thanks to LisaCM614 on another thread for posting the link.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #2637
TOT Groupie
Earning My Ears

I have been a long time reader of this thread and have learned a lot from everyone's comments and information sharing. We just returned today from a 4 night stay at the Contemporary. We had booked theme park view Atrium Club level.

When we arrived we were met at the front door and the CM told us they had moved us to the 14th floor! The CM told us the 14th floor had been open for about 3 weeks. We had a 2 queen bed non-suite room. Everything is finished on the floor, but only 9 rooms were occupied.

It was beautifully decorated and extremely nice. We could not believe the balconies! They were huge, it was great. The lounge itself is small, but really well designed and decorated. It felt "cozy", not cramped or crowded at all.

The room was also larger than what we are used to (we usually stay Poly), but there was no day bed. The bathroom was also very large.

The concierge staff could not do enough for you. We don't ask for much, but we ran several days while we were there and the staff was always ready with a bottle of water when we got back. They had small bottles of water available, but you have to ask for them.

We have stayed at all the concierge levels except for the BWI and WL, the food was great, the Tower Club did some things really well and the Poly does some things really well.

This is now our favorite place to stay in Disney.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #2638
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOT Groupie View Post
I have been a long time reader of this thread and have learned a lot from everyone's comments and information sharing. We just returned today from a 4 night stay at the Contemporary. We had booked theme park view Atrium Club level.

When we arrived we were met at the front door and the CM told us they had moved us to the 14th floor! The CM told us the 14th floor had been open for about 3 weeks. We had a 2 queen bed non-suite room. Everything is finished on the floor, but only 9 rooms were occupied.

It was beautifully decorated and extremely nice. We could not believe the balconies! They were huge, it was great. The lounge itself is small, but really well designed and decorated. It felt "cozy", not cramped or crowded at all.

The room was also larger than what we are used to (we usually stay Poly), but there was no day bed. The bathroom was also very large.

The concierge staff could not do enough for you. We don't ask for much, but we ran several days while we were there and the staff was always ready with a bottle of water when we got back. They had small bottles of water available, but you have to ask for them.

We have stayed at all the concierge levels except for the BWI and WL, the food was great, the Tower Club did some things really well and the Poly does some things really well.

This is now our favorite place to stay in Disney.
This is wonderful to hear!!! Any pictures?
Old 09-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #2639
TOT Groupie
Earning My Ears

Sorry, no pictures, we tried, but didn't do a very good job.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #2640
kellylfitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOT Groupie View Post
Sorry, no pictures, we tried, but didn't do a very good job.
Were the rooms like the others at the resort (from the last refurb) or did they go with a new design? Glad to hear you had a good trip!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: