Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #2611
YankeePrincess
I love Donald Duck

I will be home in 15 days!!! Ahh I am so excited that I wanted to shout it out on this thread.

Bay Lake Tower Owners Since 2009
Waiting on the Poly DVC!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #2612
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Many photos of the NEW CA GRILL are posted HERE.

Thank you for posting the link to the new CG. Love the photos and can't wait to eat there next week.

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #2613
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefan15 View Post
Yes, they had them when I was there this past weekend. I didn't get one however, so can't comment on how it worked.
ok thanks glad to hear that i want to see how they work
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

Old 09-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #2614
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePrincess View Post
I will be home in 15 days!!! Ahh I am so excited that I wanted to shout it out on this thread.
Hi Yankee Princess, We will be at BLT in 18 days! We are major Yankee fans, too. DH will be the guy wearing the Yankee hat/shirt or whatever! He will be at the game tonight, hope this one has a better outcome than last night!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #2615
cadale
Mouseketeer

We will be arriving by taxi from AKV as part of a split stay. Do we check in at the contemporary or at BLT (which is were we are staying)? We always come by DME so this will be a first for us.

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
Old 09-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #2616
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadale View Post
We will be arriving by taxi from AKV as part of a split stay. Do we check in at the contemporary or at BLT (which is were we are staying)? We always come by DME so this will be a first for us.
If BLT is the second stay, you can check in at BLT.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #2617
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
How is the BLT parking? Usually spots to be had? Also, just in case, is there room service available at BLT? We are shooting to arrive at BLT, check in, and them make MK rope drop. Since the room probably won't be ready and I understand no where to store luggage at BLT it be best to just park and get the luggage out after the room is ready. Do they have carts we can use?
Just adding that we always find plenty of parking at the BLT/CR self-service lot. BTW, I'm not aware of any Deluxes that will allow you to use Bell Service luggage carts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Oh. I was under the impression there weren't any bell services there since no place to store luggage. We will gladly use them!
When there wasn't a BLT check-in, Bell Services had to be called over from CR, but ever since, there is now a dedicated BLT Bell Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
UGH! I'm confused. I am staying at Bay Lake this October and did online check in. When I arrive on the magic express is the online check in desk at the Contemporary or at Bay lake? Not sure where to check in at?
I know that Deb answered your question, and it's also on the first page in the BLT section HERE.

Quote:
I'll SHOUT it with you...15 DAYS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Thank you for posting the link to the new CG. Love the photos and can't wait to eat there next week.

Laura
You're welcome. We couldn't eat there last month so we're looking forward to eating there on Christmas Day. We have the first ADR of the day
Old 09-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #2618
CruisinEars
Engaged at WDW 8/23/95!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefan15 View Post
FYI, I had a brand new fridge (still had the packing tape holding the shelves in place) in my tower room when I checked in last week so I would assume it was installed fairly recently. Hopefully for you that means they've finished installing them in CR by now.

I did notice they don't seem to be any better than that old ones though... still don't keep things fully cold unless you leave the doors to the cabinet open (and mousekeeping closes those darn doors every day!).
Thanks for letting me know.

Number of Trips:
WDW=7
DL=7
DCL=1
Old 09-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #2619
cadale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If BLT is the second stay, you can check in at BLT.
Thank you!

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
Old 09-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #2620
scotas
Mouseketeer

Due to check in 2 weeks from today. Work just called an all vacations are on hold until further notice . We were traveling as a group of 5 adults but the reservations were made by me. Can the others check in without me? We have been planning this for a year and I would hate for everyone's trip to be ruined.

1998 off site
2005 Pop Century 50's section
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort - Jamacia
2008 Pop Century - 50's section
2009 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2010 Coronado Springs - Casistas 3
2011 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Jan.) Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Sept) Contemporary Resort
2014 (Feb.) Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #2621
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
We will be at BLT in 18 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotas View Post
Due to check in 2 weeks from today. Work just called an all vacations are on hold until further notice . We were traveling as a group of 5 adults but the reservations were made by me. Can the others check in without me? We have been planning this for a year and I would hate for everyone's trip to be ruined.
Anyone listed on the reservation can check in . I hope things work out for you and you are able to take the trip.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #2622
scotas
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much . I've been in a panic all morning.

1998 off site
2005 Pop Century 50's section
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort - Jamacia
2008 Pop Century - 50's section
2009 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2010 Coronado Springs - Casistas 3
2011 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Jan.) Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Sept) Contemporary Resort
2014 (Feb.) Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #2623
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

49 MORE DAYS!: banana::danc e3: : smickey:
Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #2624
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

It has been over ten years since we last stayed at the CR in a garden wing room (when the North Wing still existed)! We are considering returning to stay in a TPV tower room this January (trying to decide between that or GV at the Poly/GF).

My question is for those who have stayed in the newly renovated rooms: how practical is the bathroom set-up? We will be four adults (including three women) and noticed that the sinks are in with the shower. The bathroom looks nice, but the sinks don't appear to have much counter space (just the shelf underneath). I do see that the toilet is separate, which is nice.

Thoughts on how the bathroom set-up would work for four adults getting ready in the morning? It seems better than the Poly at least where everything is together, but perhaps not as convenient as the GF where the sink area is larger and completely separate. We are a family (two grown daughters and parents), so don't mind getting ready in the same room while someone else showers.

What do you guys think about the CR TPV?! Worth it over a Poly or GF GV room? I'm a little worried that we might miss those sprawling resort grounds at the Poly/GF, but it might be nice to give the CR another try...

Hmm... all good choices!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #2625
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotas View Post
I'm sorry about work. Hopefully, they'll lift the vacation hold soon and your trip won't be affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
It has been over ten years since we last stayed at the CR in a garden wing room (when the North Wing still existed)! We are considering returning to stay in a TPV tower room this January (trying to decide between that or GV at the Poly/GF).

My question is for those who have stayed in the newly renovated rooms: how practical is the bathroom set-up? We will be four adults (including three women) and noticed that the sinks are in with the shower. The bathroom looks nice, but the sinks don't appear to have much counter space (just the shelf underneath). I do see that the toilet is separate, which is nice.

Thoughts on how the bathroom set-up would work for four adults getting ready in the morning? It seems better than the Poly at least where everything is together, but perhaps not as convenient as the GF where the sink area is larger and completely separate. We are a family (two grown daughters and parents), so don't mind getting ready in the same room while someone else showers.

What do you guys think about the CR TPV?! Worth it over a Poly or GF GV room? I'm a little worried that we might miss those sprawling resort grounds at the Poly/GF, but it might be nice to give the CR another try...

Hmm... all good choices!
Welcome back to CR! The bathrooms weren't re-done in the latest rehab. It was only a soft goods rehab. The sinks do have a lot of space underneath and also in between them there is room for toiletries. You could also hang a toiletry bag up on the ladder-style towel holder that's on the wall. We love that the toilet is in a separate area with a pocket door. But, personally, I think that 4 adults in any regular room could seem crowded. Have you thought about a BLT one-bedroom? I'm only mentioning it because they have two bathrooms and sleep 5.

The nice thing about the Tower is that all the rooms have a balcony and unobstructed views, unlike the Poly. It's also so convenient to be able to walk right to the MK. I also like not seeing those carts speeding around everywhere like at the Poly.

Keep us posted and let us know if you have more questions
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: