Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #2596
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
How is the BLT parking? Usually spots to be had? Also, just in case, is there room service available at BLT? We are shooting to arrive at BLT, check in, and them make MK rope drop. Since the room probably won't be ready and I understand no where to store luggage at BLT it be best to just park and get the luggage out after the room is ready. Do they have carts we can use?
No carts for guests to use. Either Bell Services or bring your own cart (I have a small wheeled cart that I use).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #2597
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Any update on the refurbishment of the 14th floor? I am booked for a king room/tower club-level next weekend and hoping the rooms are complete
I would think if the rooms weren't ready that you would have been notified.

And with the Cali Grill opening, well.. let's hope the refurb is complete.
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #2598
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

are the rapid fill mugs activated at the contemporary i will be staying at the contemporary in 8 days so im hoping to see how that goes along ?
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

Old 09-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #2599
orangefan15
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv View Post
are the rapid fill mugs activated at the contemporary i will be staying at the contemporary in 8 days so im hoping to see how that goes along ?
Yes, they had them when I was there this past weekend. I didn't get one however, so can't comment on how it worked.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #2600
orangefan15
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinEars View Post

I only hope that we have a working fridge since I have some dietary restrictions and will be going to the grocery store for snacks.
FYI, I had a brand new fridge (still had the packing tape holding the shelves in place) in my tower room when I checked in last week so I would assume it was installed fairly recently. Hopefully for you that means they've finished installing them in CR by now.

I did notice they don't seem to be any better than that old ones though... still don't keep things fully cold unless you leave the doors to the cabinet open (and mousekeeping closes those darn doors every day!).
Old 09-05-2013, 04:30 AM   #2601
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Has the bus stop situation at the CR been fixed? When we were there in June the CR bus stop was closed and the stop was moved to the sidewalk area between CR and BLT under this makeshift canopy tent and it was pretty bad. It was a really small area, nowhere to sit, and you had to walk through a lot of construction to get to it (if you went out the front of the CR and past the old bus stop to get there.)
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 09-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #2602
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

No carts for guests to use. Either Bell Services or bring your own cart (I have a small wheeled cart that I use).
Oh. I was under the impression there weren't any bell services there since no place to store luggage. We will gladly use them!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #2603
NandK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
How is the BLT parking? Usually spots to be had? Also, just in case, is there room service available at BLT? We are shooting to arrive at BLT, check in, and them make MK rope drop. Since the room probably won't be ready and I understand no where to store luggage at BLT it be best to just park and get the luggage out after the room is ready. Do they have carts we can use?
Parking has been pretty good both times we have stayed there (Oct. 11 & Feb. 13). Room service is available but comes from Contemporary so the wait might be a bit longer than usual. Now that check in is at BLT, bell service is available in the lobby. A cast member will meet you at your vehicle holding an ipad, which is how they start the check in process. Check in is nice at BLT due to the smaller building capacity, which in turn plays a part in the good parking also.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #2604
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

UGH! I'm confused. I am staying at Bay Lake this October and did online check in. When I arrive on the magic express is the online check in desk at the Contemporary or at Bay lake? Not sure where to check in at?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #2605
lovedisney50
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'll be glad to add you. If you are on the 5th floor, you'll be on the same floor as the Skybridge which connects to the CR's 4th floor Concourse. I think this is what you're asking?
Thank you. I hope he does well on escalator
Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #2606
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandK View Post

Parking has been pretty good both times we have stayed there (Oct. 11 & Feb. 13). Room service is available but comes from Contemporary so the wait might be a bit longer than usual. Now that check in is at BLT, bell service is available in the lobby. A cast member will meet you at your vehicle holding an ipad, which is how they start the check in process. Check in is nice at BLT due to the smaller building capacity, which in turn plays a part in the good parking also.
Thanks for the reply! Getting so excited!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #2607
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Many photos of the NEW CA GRILL are posted HERE.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #2608
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
UGH! I'm confused. I am staying at Bay Lake this October and did online check in. When I arrive on the magic express is the online check in desk at the Contemporary or at Bay lake? Not sure where to check in at?
If you arrive on DME, you check in at CR. If you drive yourself, check in at BLT.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #2609
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If you arrive on DME, you check in at CR. If you drive yourself, check in at BLT.
Thank you
Old 09-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #2610
orangefan15
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Has the bus stop situation at the CR been fixed? When we were there in June the CR bus stop was closed and the stop was moved to the sidewalk area between CR and BLT under this makeshift canopy tent and it was pretty bad. It was a really small area, nowhere to sit, and you had to walk through a lot of construction to get to it (if you went out the front of the CR and past the old bus stop to get there.)
It was the regular old bus stop when I was there last week/early this week. I didn't see any construction anywhere in the area.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: