Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #2566
snausman
Mouseketeer

Just notice that my ticker was wrong, it is now on the correct date.

Laura

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 08-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #2567
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Have a wonderful trip. We leave on Friday. Maybe we will see you there.

Laura
We will be there Sept 1-13
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #2568
poohgirl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Have a great trip .
Thanks We plan on doing just that
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013

The Fam
Old 09-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #2569
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer19s View Post
New to the board and this is the first thread I have looked through. Staying jan-25-feb 1 2014, 4 nights BWV and 3 nights BLT LV. Thanks for all the great info on the BLT and area!
to the thread and to the DIS! I'll add your dates to our Log-orail in Post 1. Let us know if you have any questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
Checking into CR tomorrow afternoon!

Almost packed, doing final load of laundry, rechecking my lists, etc

Just wanted to bump this thread off Page 2
Are you there yet? Are you there yet?

Quote:
Just notice that my ticker was wrong, it is now on the correct date.

Laura

Quote:
We will be there Sept 1-13
That's terrific! Check in with us if you can
Old 09-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #2570
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We leave on Friday.
Have a great trip

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #2571
CruisinEars
Engaged at WDW 8/23/95!

One week from today we check into the CR! We have our Magic Bands and our MNSSHP tickets and are all set. No parks for us this time though, hubby's conference will take too much time.

I only hope that we have a working fridge since I have some dietary restrictions and will be going to the grocery store for snacks.

Number of Trips:
WDW=7
DL=7
DCL=1
Old 09-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #2572
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Have a great trip
Thank you!!! So looking forward to this.

Laura

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 09-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #2573
poohgirl6

Good morning from the Contemporary Resort

FYI: Our magic bands worked like a charm at the ME pick-up at the airport. We seemed to be the only ones wearing them and were able to bypass the counter check-in and lines of people....they had a separate line for MBs.

We had done online check-in and so that went quickly and smoothly.

Scored a Tower room with Bay Lake view (on a conference rate, you can't beat it!). Like the new bedding, just wish they had torn out the ridiculous sinks

We have a new fridge in our room (never been used, as all of the shelves, brackets etc were still taped down inside). We had a big Garden Grocer delivery and I had ordered a Styrofoam cooler just as a backup, so we've got drinks icing down in it.

MBs have been a mixed blessing so far: Mine worked great at airport ME, but would not open our room door. The other 3 on DH and kids worked fine. So I ended up spending approx 1 hr at Guest Services downstairs with 1 employee and 1 manager to get my MB "re-hard-keyed" whatever that means :confused
Anyway, all seems ok now, but they did print us up regular KTTW and warned us to keep them with us as back-up at all times. There were some other folks right beside me trying to get their MBs worked out, evidently one of their party was unable to enter Blizzard Beach yesterday with their MB. Just looking around, I've seen very few people wearing the MBs

Last night here at the CR Concourse was crazy! Prob the loudest, most crowded I've seen in all of our trips. So loud and wall to wall people. It's a holiday weekend, so prob will clear out some in a few days, but it was not like this last year for sure. The pool was closed all eve due to lightning.

We went over to MK to check on some tickets, but I gave up bc the Guest Services/Will Call line was probably 40 people long and moving very slowly at 830pm last night Maybe it was people with malfunctioning MBs?? THe MK was open to 1am then EMH till 3am. I've never seen it that mobbed at the turnstiles. Will run over there this morning and see if I can get it done faster. We purchased YES tickets, and I have seen conflicting reports about linking them to our MBs, so we'll see.

Now enjoying the early morning sun on my balcony. Will try to check in live from time to time. Today is set-up day for the Experience Conference, so lots to do today.
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013

The Fam
Old 09-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #2574
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinEars View Post
One week from today we check into the CR!

Quote:

FYI: Our magic bands worked like a charm at the ME pick-up at the airport. We seemed to be the only ones wearing them and were able to bypass the counter check-in and lines of people....they had a separate line for MBs.

Scored a Tower room with Bay Lake view (on a conference rate, you can't beat it!). Like the new bedding, just wish they had torn out the ridiculous sinks

We have a new fridge in our room (never been used, as all of the shelves, brackets etc were still taped down inside). We had a big Garden Grocer delivery and I had ordered a Styrofoam cooler just as a backup, so we've got drinks icing down in it.

MBs have been a mixed blessing so far: Mine worked great at airport ME, but would not open our room door. The other 3 on DH and kids worked fine. So I ended up spending approx 1 hr at Guest Services downstairs with 1 employee and 1 manager to get my MB "re-hard-keyed" whatever that means :confused
Anyway, all seems ok now, but they did print us up regular KTTW and warned us to keep them with us as back-up at all times. There were some other folks right beside me trying to get their MBs worked out, evidently one of their party was unable to enter Blizzard Beach yesterday with their MB. Just looking around, I've seen very few people wearing the MBs

Last night here at the CR Concourse was crazy! Prob the loudest, most crowded I've seen in all of our trips. So loud and wall to wall people. It's a holiday weekend, so prob will clear out some in a few days, but it was not like this last year for sure. The pool was closed all eve due to lightning.

We went over to MK to check on some tickets, but I gave up bc the Guest Services/Will Call line was probably 40 people long and moving very slowly at 830pm last night Maybe it was people with malfunctioning MBs?? THe MK was open to 1am then EMH till 3am. I've never seen it that mobbed at the turnstiles. Will run over there this morning and see if I can get it done faster. We purchased YES tickets, and I have seen conflicting reports about linking them to our MBs, so we'll see.

Now enjoying the early morning sun on my balcony. Will try to check in live from time to time. Today is set-up day for the Experience Conference, so lots to do today.
Sorry about the little mishaps with the MBs, but otherwise it sounds like you're having a good time so far . Hope you have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #2575
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice View Post
As of now, we are scheduled to be at BLT from 12/16-12/21. Will be reading this thread until then.
It's now official. We will be at BLT from 12/16-12/21.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Old 09-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #2576
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats .

Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #2577
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

has anyone ever done parasailing at CR?? how was it and do you remember the cost??

TIA....
Old 09-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #2578
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Hi all! We have just booked Garden Wing for January!!! Super excited as we have never stayed at the CR before!
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Old 09-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #2579
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinEars View Post
One week from today we check into the CR! We have our Magic Bands and our MNSSHP tickets and are all set. No parks for us this time though, hubby's conference will take too much time.

I only hope that we have a working fridge since I have some dietary restrictions and will be going to the grocery store for snacks.
Fingers crossed and make sure you put it in your reservation. Have a great vacation!

Quote:

Love your update and look forward to more. Happy conferencing!

Quote:
To make it more official, I'll put it in the Log-orail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
has anyone ever done parasailing at CR?? how was it and do you remember the cost??

TIA....
I've never done it, but there are YouTube videos of it. The cost varies, so here is the link to all the details:

http://sammyduvall.com/parasailing/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Hi all! We have just booked Garden Wing for January!!! Super excited as we have never stayed at the CR before!
Congratulations! You're going to love being at CR!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #2580
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Just curious - we booked a standard view in the garden wing.... Are there any requests we could make for the location? We have a toddler if that makes a difference. Are there king size beds?

Thanks!!
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: