Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #241
*TheWigs*
Mouseketeer

Question Weird question about mirrors in BLT...

Do the bathrooms in the studios have those magnifying mirrors mounted in them? I use one at home to apply make-up and some hotels do have them so I thought I'd ask the experts before I bring my own!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #242
stink
Mouseketeer

Airgoofy & toniosmom...Thanks so much for your replies. Seems like I have a lot of great options.

This may seem like a silly question, is there an easy way to get from pool at BLT or the Contemporary resort pool to the BLT rooms without having to go through the Lobby areas. I hate trudging thru the lobby in my swim wear & cover up.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #243
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
Airgoofy & toniosmom...Thanks so much for your replies. Seems like I have a lot of great options.

This may seem like a silly question, is there an easy way to get from pool at BLT or the Contemporary resort pool to the BLT rooms without having to go through the Lobby areas. I hate trudging thru the lobby in my swim wear & cover up.
If you are staying at the CR pool, you will walk outside back to BLT. They entrance under the sky bridge opens right up to the elevators - so no lobby. If you are at the BLT pool, you could enter back into BLT to get to the elevators into the lobby. But, no not fret. The lobby at BLT is extremely small. Or, you could walk all the way around to the front of BLT outside the building and enter under the sky bridge. Or, you could enter thru the Community Hall, exit into the hallway, and short walk down the hallway/rooms to the elevator.

That all makes perfect sense to me but sounds confusing. You'll see it once you get there. Enjoy.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #244
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TheWigs* View Post
Do the bathrooms in the studios have those magnifying mirrors mounted in them? I use one at home to apply make-up and some hotels do have them so I thought I'd ask the experts before I bring my own!
I know the CR rooms have them mounted to the side wall in the bathrooms...not sure about BLT, but I'm thinking it would be likely.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, VGF/Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #245
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Has anyone used DME from CR/BLT with an early departure time? We depart from MCO at 8:30 am. What time should I expect the DME pickup? And is airline check-in an option at the resort for such an early flight?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #246
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just an FYI, the 4th observation deck is closed. It is being used as a staging area for the 14th floor construction.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you, Melissa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I am pretty sure they are working on the 11th floor, note the mesh covering.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Love your spy cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
BLT experts please recommend a quiet area to rest & relax after arrival if villas is not ready ?

My flight departs upstate NY at 5:20 AM and arrives at MCO at 10:30 AM, on a Sunday and I plan to take ME to BLT, and if villa is not ready will need a place to rest/crash.

Also would consider a quiet place at one of the other monorail resorts. Would like to do EMH that night at MK, but will need a nap and some serous relaxation to make to 1 AM.
You can also grab a rest in a lounger out on the sand at BLT. It's relatively quiet, right behind the pool. If there isn't a convention going on, the convention level at the CR is usually dead and has cozy sofas everywhere. You could also book a spa treatment at the GF. You probably won't arrive at BLT till close to noon, so your room might actually be ready. If not, don't always rely on the text to let you know since that method isn't always reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemc921 View Post
I just wanted to add a data point for a question I raised a few months back. Yes, the Contemporary (and any Disney Resort for that matter) will transfer your bags for free to the Swan/Dolphin.

Did this on Dec. 29, 2012. CL concierge was unaware, but was confirmed with the Bellhop desk. Bags were at the Swan/Dolphin waiting for us upon arrival!
Thank you and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TheWigs* View Post
I don't think the Studios have them. I looked at photos of the sink area and I didn't see the mirror on the wall, only a towel holder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Has anyone used DME from CR/BLT with an early departure time? We depart from MCO at 8:30 am. What time should I expect the DME pickup? And is airline check-in an option at the resort for such an early flight?
Here is the DME INFO from the first page:

1. Reserve Disney's Magical Express Transportation when you book online or by calling (407) WDW-MAGIC or (407) 939-6244.

2. Upon landing at Orlando International Airport, skip baggage claim and proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney's Magical Express service will collect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 3 hours after you check in at the resort. Luggage delivery service provided by Disney's Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 pm, guests may collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motor coach.

3. International Guests flying into Orlando International Airport from another country must follow the U.S. Customs and Border Protection process and claim luggage after disembarking the plane. After completing the process, proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney's Magical Express service will recollect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 4 hours after you check in at the resort.

4. Sit back and relax as Disney transports you to your Disney Resort hotel in an air-conditioned motor coach.

5. As your vacation draws to a close, you'll receive a Transportation Notice advising you of the pick-up time and place for your motor coach ride back to Orlando International Airport. Please note that it is your responsibility to bring your luggage to the pick-up point. Please note that you cannot reserve the luggage service exclusively. You must be present on the motor coach to have your luggage transported to a Walt Disney World hotel.

They pick-up about 3 hours prior to your departure and they start at 0500 at MCO, so you should probably be picked up at CR around 0530. Here is the RAC INFO:

RESORT AIRLINE CHECK-IN:

If you're departing domestically on a designated airline, enjoy the convenience of Resort Airline Check-in Service, which allows you to receive your return boarding pass and check luggage at your Walt Disney World hotel, bypassing airport check-in completely.

Simply visit the Resort Airline Check-In Desk up to 3 hours prior to your flight departure time. A valid government issued photo I.D. and your KTTW card are required to participate.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #247
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL
You'll be picked up around 5:30am, give or take 15 minutes. The airline checkin desk should open at 5am. You have to checkin at least three hours before your flight so you should be fine if you do it right after they open.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #248
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Does the large armchair in the living room of the 2 Bedroom villa pull out to a single bed? The website says it sleeps 9 but won't let me book 4A and 5K. It only lists 1K, 2Q, and the Q pullout couch. Maybe the ninth has to be in a crib?
Thanks!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 02-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #249
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm finding it hard to resist the lure of CR for spring break. I really want to try a FWC and thought I'd be fine with it since it's on Bay Lake, but... stay tuned...
Kook, stay strong! Or as I already mentioned, invoke the s-p-l-i-t !! FWC, then end at CR CL with a bang.. well I know nothing is avail now, but as you *might* realize, people do change all the time!

I realized its hard not too think of CR since we are privy to Melissa's great pix!

Quote:
The POP Princess, hostess with the mostess is over on Bay Lake. Thank you for stopping by, Janet, I'm so glad you approve of the new thread. It was a labor of love and I hope reflects how much I love CR and BLT.
And the thread absolutely reflects it. This POP princesses loves it.

Quote:
Yes, vintage Mickey was so happy at the CR - he must have been ordering a room service chocolate monorail
With himself as a conductor!

Quote:
Please POP in anytime and don't be a Bay Lake (or Crescent Lake) stranger, my friend
The thread is dangerous...it's got me thinking of a night or two... oh but Sam does love the Poly... hmmm .... CR is definitely on my bucket list though!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #250
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

So, I have come to this awe-inspiring Mistress Kookarama CR thread armed with questions.

I'm contemplating either a Garden Wing (Water View) or a Garden Wing Deluxe. The Garden Wing appeals to me due to the consistent "quiet" description I've been encountering in most reviews. I'm not sure what to do about the Deluxe bit though. Can anyone shed some light on the regular vs. deluxe as it pertains to the Garden Wing?

Also, more importantly, does anyone happen to know if they include the Deluxe rooms in the general public "room only" discounts they offer throughout the year?

This is going to be a Maybe-Sorta-Almost-Surprise birthday quick-trip for the hubs. The idea of quiet coupled with walking to MK for the MNSSHP is super-enticing, I must admit.

Thank you muchly for any tidbits CR experts.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #251
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Personal opinion here that the deluxe is not worth it.

It's just a bigger room. You can actually get a better view in a regular Garden View room

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 02-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #252
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
5. As your vacation draws to a close, you'll receive a Transportation Notice advising you of the pick-up time and place for your motor coach ride back to Orlando International Airport. Please note that it is your responsibility to bring your luggage to the pick-up point. Please note that you cannot reserve the luggage service exclusively. You must be present on the motor coach to have your luggage transported to a Walt Disney World hotel.

They pick-up about 3 hours prior to your departure and they start at 0500 at MCO, so you should probably be picked up at CR around 0530. Here is the RAC INFO:

RESORT AIRLINE CHECK-IN:

If you're departing domestically on a designated airline, enjoy the convenience of Resort Airline Check-in Service, which allows you to receive your return boarding pass and check luggage at your Walt Disney World hotel, bypassing airport check-in completely.

Simply visit the Resort Airline Check-In Desk up to 3 hours prior to your flight departure time. A valid government issued photo I.D. and your KTTW card are required to participate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
You'll be picked up around 5:30am, give or take 15 minutes. The airline checkin desk should open at 5am. You have to checkin at least three hours before your flight so you should be fine if you do it right after they open.
Thanks for the replies. I was just really unsure if thery got started that early. I'll make sure to check in for the airline right when they open. Ugh, that's early!

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #253
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
Personal opinion here that the deluxe is not worth it.

It's just a bigger room. You can actually get a better view in a regular Garden View room
Ah, so other than the bigger room, the views aren't as nice? The furnishings are the same, is that right?

Finally got the site working, and it looks like they've got pictures of both. I can see what you mean.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #254
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Does the large armchair in the living room of the 2 Bedroom villa pull out to a single bed? The website says it sleeps 9 but won't let me book 4A and 5K. It only lists 1K, 2Q, and the Q pullout couch. Maybe the ninth has to be in a crib?
Thanks!
Yes, that is actually a bed:

(DISboards photo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kook, stay strong! Or as I already mentioned, invoke the s-p-l-i-t !! FWC, then end at CR CL with a bang.. well I know nothing is avail now, but as you *might* realize, people do change all the time!

I realized its hard not too think of CR since we are privy to Melissa's great pix!

The thread is dangerous...it's got me thinking of a night or two... oh but Sam does love the Poly... hmmm .... CR is definitely on my bucket list though!!
Tell Sam that DD LOVES CR and BLT. But, DD doesn't like splits anymore or maybe she never liked them and I forgot to ask her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

So, I have come to this awe-inspiring Mistress Kookarama CR thread armed with questions.

I'm contemplating either a Garden Wing (Water View) or a Garden Wing Deluxe. The Garden Wing appeals to me due to the consistent "quiet" description I've been encountering in most reviews. I'm not sure what to do about the Deluxe bit though. Can anyone shed some light on the regular vs. deluxe as it pertains to the Garden Wing?

Also, more importantly, does anyone happen to know if they include the Deluxe rooms in the general public "room only" discounts they offer throughout the year?

This is going to be a Maybe-Sorta-Almost-Surprise birthday quick-trip for the hubs. The idea of quiet coupled with walking to MK for the MNSSHP is super-enticing, I must admit.

Thank you muchly for any tidbits CR experts.
Welcome back, my resort conflicted friend! Your KOOKisms crack me up.

There are only two bookable GW views: STD and Garden, no water. You can request a Bay Lake View, however, you might end-up with a pool/garden or canal/trees.

MAGICitis will be staying in a Deluxe GW room soon and I hope she'll offer up a little TR for us. Your DD would have to sleep on the pullout sofa as there is only a King bed. Many moons ago, I did have a CR Deluxe booked with a discount, Linda could tell you if she booked with an AP or FL Resident.

Feel free to ask more questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Thanks for the replies. I was just really unsure if thery got started that early. I'll make sure to check in for the airline right when they open. Ugh, that's early!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Ah, so other than the bigger room, the views aren't as nice? The furnishings are the same, is that right?

Finally got the site working, and it looks like they've got pictures of both. I can see what you mean.
Here are the links from the first page Deluxe room section for the Deluxe room video and photos:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...art_two_1.html
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #255
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

We're playing thread-tag, Kook.

It's set for October 26th - 30th. Garden Wing - Garden View room. (I've got a slight mental issue (read: all-out strange) with the kiddo being nearest the door so the deluxe floor plan weirded me out. )

King bed as a request, perhaps... if we were lucky enough to get one, those rooms have daybeds, right? Do you or any of the fellow CR experts happen to know the prevalence of connecting doors in the Garden Wing?

I need some of this and I'll be perusing all the first page greatness you've shared with us.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: