Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #2476
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Wait, Did I miss something...is the railroad at MK going to be down for maintenance or something? How did I miss that, not like I am not following how many topics right now.lol

Laura
Walt Disney World Railroad will be closed September 30 through November 20 for refurbishment.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #2477
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Just had to and throw in another MK resort - WL. All WL rooms were rehabbed last year. WL has bus, boat and walking trails to FW. It even has a non-stop bus to MK. There is 1 TS and one 2 TS restaurant and a QS, indoor bar and poolside bar. Unlike CR, you can even use the VWL pool/hot tub or the main pool which has a slide, kiddie pool and two hot tubs. Every WL room has a balcony (except ground floor have patios), and no flowery wallpaper or bedspreads. You can even get bunk beds.

With the lower prices at WL, maybe you could add CL? The Old Faithful Club is wonderful! Just think of all the cozy areas you'd have to sit down and relax throughout the resort in front of a fireplace or in the lobby and the CL lounge area has a lot of seating, including sofas. Feel free to come on over to the thread anytime.
I have to say I agree . The GF and CR are convenient as they are on the monorail, but the WL is a great alternative with just as good (IMO) transportation to MK via boat or bus (and costs quite a bit less ).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #2478
ABCastillo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi313 View Post

We just got back from Cont last Friday and we had such a wonderful time. It has been years since we stayed there and everything has changed, in fact we didn't think we would love then new decor but we did. I want to go back so bad! Hope you and your family have a great time, I know you will!
Glad to here you had a great stay!

July 1998 - CBR | June 2010 - RPR | January 2013 - POR

Next: January 2014 - CR
January 2014 PTR: The Monorail, a Double Stroller and a New Little Brother
Old 08-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #2479
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
So BLT studios don't have refrigerators? I didn't think dvc was effected? I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but so far: no fp+, no mb, no ppf, no railroad, now no refrigerator. How do we keep our milk and drinks cold for heavens sake? Ridiculous.
Did you call the resort to see if this is true? When are you going? If it is true, maybe the problem will be fixed by the time you go.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #2480
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

GRYHNDMOM I have thought about DVC several times but it just isn't for us. I like the flexibility of booking a reg resort room and the cost of a 1 bdrm DVC is a little high for us.

WDWKOOK I do love the WL resort areas but the rooms and the restaurants are my hesitations. The rooms are smaller and the décor looks just like all of the resorts and finished basement décor of half the places here in Wisconsin. It doesn't make me feel like I am getting away from home because it looks....well... just like home....KWIM? And the limited menu at Roaring Forks as well as the overwhelming taste of smoke in a majority of the WC meals is a turn off for our family. I like the antics at WC and maybe one meal there every other trip or so but it is otherwise not a must do for us. AP is nice but there are so many other places that rank above it for us that it does not help sway the decision either. I do love the price at WL though Also complicating matters is youngest DD is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy and bananas so the food offerings of CL would just be another challenge that we don't need to add into the trip.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 08-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #2481
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So BLT studios don't have refrigerators? I didn't think dvc was effected? I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but so far: no fp+, no mb, no ppf, no railroad, now no refrigerator. How do we keep our milk and drinks cold for heavens sake? Ridiculous.
Staying the third week in September and got the letter, too. Wasn't planning on using it so I am not bothered. But I couldn't help but think it is taking them a very long time to replace the refrigerators.
May 2011: First Disney Cruise/First Stay at BLT
December 2011: First MVMCP/First WL Stay
September 2013: First Mother/Daughter Trip
April 2014:First Disney Cruise without stop in WDW
December 2014: First Mother/Son Trip

Old 08-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #2482
disneymom88
Mouseketeer

Question

is BLT offering the $15/night credit to the studios with no refrigerators?

Past Trips:
Aug. 2002 first time, off-site; May 2006 gradnite!!; March 2009 1st time onsite (POP) w/ DH & DS 1st trip; Nov-Dec. 2009 ASMo celebrating DS 2nd birthday!!; April-May 2010 AKV First time stayin deluxe! treating parents Nov 2010ASMu for our first F&W Festival; Oct 2012 AoA first MNSSHP and F&W Festival DD 1st time; Oct 2013 BLT F&W Festival
Old 08-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #2483
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

We'll have a cooler we are bringing for the road trip so guess we will be icing it all week if they don't get the refrigerator in before we arrive 10/6. Ohhhhh really, a deluxe resort???? I guess I'm stuck with BLT at this point since renting points. With all the closures, fp+\mb, etc, I've gone from excited to be going to eh, lets just get this over with this week. Maybe it's just my normal "all planning is done and nothing to do but wait blues"???
Old 08-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #2484
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I am confused? Where is a dresser in the standard tower rooms? What is under the tv? Thanks,

Old 08-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #2485
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
I am confused? Where is a dresser in the standard tower rooms? What is under the tv? Thanks,
The dresser is located next to the bed behind the orange chair:

There are also drawers in the closet:

There isn't anything under the TV but a shelf, but it does illuminate below the shelf:
Old 08-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #2486
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
We'll have a cooler we are bringing for the road trip so guess we will be icing it all week if they don't get the refrigerator in before we arrive 10/6. Ohhhhh really, a deluxe resort???? I guess I'm stuck with BLT at this point since renting points. With all the closures, fp+\mb, etc, I've gone from excited to be going to eh, lets just get this over with this week. Maybe it's just my normal "all planning is done and nothing to do but wait blues"???
I bet they will be replaced by the time you get there
Old 08-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #2487
WDWKOOK

Photos and details on the newly re-imagined CA Grill are available HERE.

Cape Canaveral prawns? Do they serve this on the cruise ships?

Old 08-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #2488
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post

I bet they will be replaced by the time you get there
Hahahaaaa. You're too cute! I hope you're right! Tyvm. I think you cured me!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #2489
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Photos and details on the newly re-imagined CA Grill are available HERE.

Cape Canaveral prawns? Do they serve this on the cruise ships?
If I can get an ADR for 10/8 I will surely forgive the no refrigerator!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #2490
WDWKOOK

Quote:
If I can get an ADR for 10/8 I will surely forgive the no refrigerator!
You can start booking CA Grill for 9/9 and after starting 8/26. I hope to get an ADR for Christmas Week. I hope you get your fridge AND your ADR!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: