Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #2461
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Here is an older map of CR that shows the rooms:

The Atrium Club lounge is about where 38,37,36 is located. There are only 10-11 rooms on either side of the lounge. The furthest TPV room to the north or south of the lounge is probably about a 30 second walk. When you're in the Tower, all the rooms are very close to both the elevators, which are in the middle of the Tower rooms and the lounge, which is also in the middle of the MK (west) side.
Thanks, KOOK....that helps a lot . Even though the CR has never been on our radar as we don't care for the theme/decor, I am getting more excited every day to try it after reading so many great reviews and seeing so many pics . I'd love to try all of the deluxes (as well as club levels) and BWI and YC will be the only ones left to try after our upcoming trip. However, those will be a hard sell to my DSs as they need their CS, which the Epcot resorts unfortunately don't have . AKL CL is next on the list and if the other Epcot resorts don't ever pan out, I guess I'll just have to do repeats of other clubs we love .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #2462
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Getting excited around my house....only 10 more days until we check into CR for 12 nights

Can't wait to be back there and feel the buzz of activity on the Concourse and eat one of those Red Velvet Cupcakes from Contempo Cafe
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #2463
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
DH thinks the GF looks like a fancy nursing home, if I'm being honest, but he feels that it has a "theme" which he doesn't get at CR. And, the position of the TV's in the CR rooms bothered all of us. Such trivial items....

Sometimes when we are picking resorts I feel like Seinfeld picking a woman. The smallest thing pushes us over the edge....(the man hands, the naked sneezes... ) We are nuts!!!
Had to emerge out of lurkdom to comment......I almost spit out my coffee on this one! It is so true. Seinfeld can be applied to anything and everything in our daily lives. Love that show.

I have been having similar turmoil for our upcoming late July 2014 trip. I really want to stay at the Poly but with the impending DVC construction, I am looking for the best alternative. I keep seesawing between GF and CR because it MUST be a MK resort. We have stayed CR garden wing before but would not again because we really like a balcony. The tower rooms are convenient but the lack of theme(just our opinion) and here it comes.....the picky Seinfeld part.....no "good" sitting chair. We spend a lot of time in the room decompressing from the park crowds and I NEED a real chair to sit and chill out. Those awful desk chairs just don't do it for me. I put up with one of those our last trip to CSR and I am done with all that. I was hoping with the last room upgrade that they would add it but they did not.

SO......we are planning on GF even with the old lady décor. Hate the bedspreads and wallpaper but I am crossing my fingers that the rumor is true and they will do a soft goods refurb (and go to white duvets at least) after the Poly room refurb is complete.

Now if GFDVC causes really large pool crowds at GF....we might be back at CR Decisions are so hard sometimes......

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #2464
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Had to emerge out of lurkdom to comment......I almost spit out my coffee on this one! It is so true. Seinfeld can be applied to anything and everything in our daily lives. Love that show.

I have been having similar turmoil for our upcoming late July 2014 trip. I really want to stay at the Poly but with the impending DVC construction, I am looking for the best alternative. I keep seesawing between GF and CR because it MUST be a MK resort. We have stayed CR garden wing before but would not again because we really like a balcony. The tower rooms are convenient but the lack of theme(just our opinion) and here it comes.....the picky Seinfeld part.....no "good" sitting chair. We spend a lot of time in the room decompressing from the park crowds and I NEED a real chair to sit and chill out. Those awful desk chairs just don't do it for me. I put up with one of those our last trip to CSR and I am done with all that. I was hoping with the last room upgrade that they would add it but they did not.

SO......we are planning on GF even with the old lady décor. Hate the bedspreads and wallpaper but I am crossing my fingers that the rumor is true and they will do a soft goods refurb (and go to white duvets at least) after the Poly room refurb is complete.

Now if GFDVC causes really large pool crowds at GF....we might be back at CR Decisions are so hard sometimes......

Yeah, I am hoping for a GF soft goods rehab as well, but I don't HATE the decor, it's just....well...you know....

The other thing DH didn't like about the CR was the wall mirror...he has this thing about mirrors, and dolls....

He saw that huge mirror and was like "NO WAY, we are DONE here!"

Same thing though, we absolutely wanted to be on the monorail, and at Poly, but it's looking like GF it is! I think it will be great!

On another note, I really do adore the hidden mickey's and other characters in the wallpaper at GF...and Tink in the bedspread!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #2465
live2teach123
Earning My Ears

Refrigerator

Have the BLT villas been affected by the refrigerator problems? I got a letter in the mail saying they had been removed.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #2466
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2teach123 View Post
Have the BLT villas been affected by the refrigerator problems? I got a letter in the mail saying they had been removed.
That's strange. I heard they were not included in the refrigerator problems.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #2467
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:

Almost snorted out my water while reading your post...too funny ! I remember earlier this year the "drama" of CR soft goods replacement and how some thought the carpet looked liked eggs. We were there in Feb for the half marathon ...stayed club level with all the refurb and really didn't think carpet looked that bad. Would I do my house in contemp....no....but we pick hotels on ....location...location...location !

Have you thought about a DVC at BLT ? After many, many, years of staying at shades of green we did a DVC presentation and flat out told our sales rep he needed to beat the per night price of SOG. Yes there is a break even point but bottom line we wish we had bought YEARS ago...BLT has great amenities and just for you...really comfy chairs !
Old 08-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #2468
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
Getting excited around my house....only 10 more days until we check into CR for 12 nights

Can't wait to be back there and feel the buzz of activity on the Concourse and eat one of those Red Velvet Cupcakes from Contempo Cafe
We just got back from Cont last Friday and we had such a wonderful time. It has been years since we stayed there and everything has changed, in fact we didn't think we would love then new decor but we did. I want to go back so bad! Hope you and your family have a great time, I know you will!
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14

Old 08-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #2469
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi313 View Post
We just got back from Cont last Friday and we had such a wonderful time. It has been years since we stayed there and everything has changed, in fact we didn't think we would love then new decor but we did. I want to go back so bad! Hope you and your family have a great time, I know you will!
Thank you! We are counting down the days now. I submitted my Garden Grocer order today, and I think I've checked everything off my shopping list. Won't think about packing until next week.

Glad you liked the new decor
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 08-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #2470
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you had a great time and liked the new decor. I'm excited to try the CR in December .

Quote:
We are counting down the days now. I submitted my Garden Grocer order today, and I think I've checked everything off my shopping list. Won't think about packing until next week.
You will be at the CR before you know it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #2471
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I got it too, it is our first time in a studio, didn't know they have smaller fridges. Someone on FB told me.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #2472
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

So BLT studios don't have refrigerators? I didn't think dvc was effected? I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but so far: no fp+, no mb, no ppf, no railroad, now no refrigerator. How do we keep our milk and drinks cold for heavens sake? Ridiculous.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #2473
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Is there somewhere in BLT besides the pool to refill mugs?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #2474
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thanks, KOOK....that helps a lot .
You're welcome.

Quote:

It won't be long now and your vacation sounds very relaxing - those RV cupcakes are delicious.

Quote:

Just had to and throw in another MK resort - WL. All WL rooms were rehabbed last year. WL has bus, boat and walking trails to FW. It even has a non-stop bus to MK. There is 1 TS and one 2 TS restaurant and a QS, indoor bar and poolside bar. Unlike CR, you can even use the VWL pool/hot tub or the main pool which has a slide, kiddie pool and two hot tubs. Every WL room has a balcony (except ground floor have patios), and no flowery wallpaper or bedspreads. You can even get bunk beds.

With the lower prices at WL, maybe you could add CL? The Old Faithful Club is wonderful! Just think of all the cozy areas you'd have to sit down and relax throughout the resort in front of a fireplace or in the lobby and the CL lounge area has a lot of seating, including sofas. Feel free to come on over to the thread anytime.

Quote:
I've heard about this letter at BWV, too and it just doesn't make sense. The letter is generic, at least the BWV one is. The initial Disney press release did not pertain to DVC. It could be that Disney is just over planning or their lawyers suggested they do this. The fridge in the Studio is a mini fridge, but it's not like the other mini fridges that were recalled and it's newer. But again, maybe the Disney lawyers told them to remove them out of an abundance of caution

If you need one, make sure it is noted in your reservation and ask again at check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
That's strange. I heard they were not included in the refrigerator problems.
Initially, DVC wasn't included.

Quote:
It's great for others to read that even though you were apprehensive about the new décor, you loved it. Hope you get to book soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
So BLT studios don't have refrigerators? I didn't think dvc was effected? I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but so far: no fp+, no mb, no ppf, no railroad, now no refrigerator. How do we keep our milk and drinks cold for heavens sake? Ridiculous.
Make sure you add a fridge request to your reservation, just in case. BLT Studios have fridges:

Unfortunately, BLT was not included (yet) in the MB/FP+ testing (CR is). I posted some MB info. on page 164. As far as the railroad, we love it, too. We also enjoy riding the AK RR to Affection Station and there is the Carolewood Pacific Room near the VWL lobby. It has photos of Walt and train models/memorabilia and I have more information in Post 15 of the WL/VWL first page of info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Is there somewhere in BLT besides the pool to refill mugs?
No, mug refills are available at the BLT pool or at the Contempo Cafe on the 4th floor of CR.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #2475
snausman
Mouseketeer

Wait, Did I miss something...is the railroad at MK going to be down for maintenance or something? How did I miss that, not like I am not following how many topics right now.lol

Laura

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: